awesome! I have the same head unit too. lol Ive been thinking about doing something like this in my Honda Accord Coupe but theres kust not enough clearance
    07-13-11 09:11 AM
    can u install mines in a mazda 6 2004. id pay you 1500Canadian.
    sounds good lol but you would have to fly me out to canada or ship your car over to me in the U.K. lol but am sure there some where over there you could get it installed would look great mate.
    07-13-11 11:53 AM
    Well done!
    07-13-11 11:57 AM
    Nice work. Did you have to custom cut the dashboard or it just fits?
    07-13-11 05:14 PM
    Really nice. I plan on attempting the same thing with my Ford Fusion this fall
    playbook rep likes this.
    07-13-11 09:47 PM

Thats cool. I havent checked the fit yet, but Ive seen sweet setups with the ipads. Definitely gonna look into putting the playbook in the subaru
    Not gonna fit Kinda bummed about that actually

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 10:35 PM
    Nice work. Did you have to custom cut the dashboard or it just fits?
    hi mate,

thanks ye i had to modify the dash board i bought a new centre console for my dash board, removed my centre heating vents and did some cutting, fillering and re spraying so it was all the same colour again. yep looked good and works well was well worth it even though it took a few weeks.
    07-14-11 05:56 AM
    Not gonna fit Kinda bummed about that actually

seriously thats a bummer, is there no space for it at all even if you make some modfications to your dash board even though i know its a new car, are you looking to do it yourself or take it to someone to get it fitted.
    07-14-11 05:59 AM
    seriously thats a bummer, is there no space for it at all even if you make some modfications to your dash board even though i know its a new car, are you looking to do it yourself or take it to someone to get it fitted.
    I have a buddy who does that kind of work. Its not feesable though, it would require cutting the dash big time.

07-14-11 08:39 AM
    my question is, what about the weather? is the playbook tough enough for the weather? a car in the summer can go very hot specially with windows and doors closed, same in the winter(getting very cold). I would be scare of leaving my playbook in the car.
    07-14-11 09:13 AM
    my question is, what about the weather? is the playbook tough enough for the weather? a car in the summer can go very hot specially with windows and doors closed, same in the winter(getting very cold). I would be scare of leaving my playbook in the car.
    I use to leave the ipad in my car year round. Now its the BB. I haven't really noticed too many problems but if I did the mod I would definitely make it removable.

07-14-11 09:32 AM
    i have had it in my car in the summer here as its been hot over here in the U.K and havent had any problems yet. but ive done my install in a way that the playbook is fully removable so it never stays in there long as i have to use it for Work cos i am employed by RIM over here in the U.K i train all staff on the BlackBerry Playbook in stores that sell it. good job i enjoy it lol
    07-14-11 04:56 PM
    I use to leave the ipad in my car year round. Now its the BB. I haven't really noticed too many problems but if I did the mod I would definitely make it removable.

i defo agree with that because that the first thing i thought of before i started my mod that it has to be removable main reason being i need it for work 2. it would have been nice if you did manage to get yours installed in your car other option is to by a car holder for it or buy a another car lol get yourself vw gti lol sorry i love my vw's great cars lol
    07-14-11 05:00 PM
    i defo agree with that because that the first thing i thought of before i started my mod that it has to be removable main reason being i need it for work 2. it would have been nice if you did manage to get yours installed in your car other option is to by a car holder for it or buy a another car lol get yourself vw gti lol sorry i love my vw's great cars lol
    You and me both. Gotta get the Corrado running

07-15-11 07:35 AM
    Pls have you been able to have meta trader on your playbook? If yes, pls how do i go about mine? Am in need of it please
    11-26-12 06:02 AM
    Nice work bro.

Another market for RIM to step into considering qnx already have a foot in this industry.Cars make big time money more than phones.
    Nothing but good times ahead.
    11-26-12 07:16 AM
    Wow, makes my rig look like crap!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 04:25 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD