lol! well i go down to the RIM head office every 2 weeks over here in the U.K. i can assure you google android apps will be coming to us very soon less than a month or so. i should hopefully know more next week as am back there for training i know there alot of rumours flying about it getting a native email client i havent heard to much about that to be honest with you mate. what i can do is send u a pm nxt week when i know more
    If you get VW or any other car manufacturer to integrate the plabook at the factory level, I will buy you a playbook to call your own. It will take some initiative, but there is a long line of people waiting for such an option. I would pay a lot more than the value of the tablet to integrate the tablet into my life.

I really want to get meta trader 4 to make a playbook version of their software for the playbook. I would never have to go into the office again. I would show up for the last 10 minutes of the day, just for laughs.

The playbook will get there. It has almost replaced my laptop. A few more key components and it will be perfect.
    07-11-11 08:06 AM
    NOBODY IS ABLE TO DO THIS WITH A IPAD! Great work!
    That isn't true. Sound Man in California did a custom instal on ipad2 launch date, filmed it and put it up on Youtube. If I still lived in California I would have them do my playbook.

These guys did a great job and they are entertaining.
    07-11-11 08:13 AM
    hey Mr playbook Rep dont have any jobs going at your place do ya?
    07-11-11 09:26 AM
    That isn't true. Sound Man in California did a custom instal on ipad2 launch date, filmed it and put it up on Youtube. If I still lived in California I would have them do my playbook.

These guys did a great job and they are entertaining.
    Did they add an 8 track player too?
    07-11-11 09:39 AM
    that looks sweet! im jealous!
    playbook rep likes this.
    07-11-11 09:44 AM
    schylmer that sounds like a good deal. i would defo consider taking the idea to vw but to be honest mate i dont know where to start and what to do i just did it 4myself never realy thought about weather there maybe demand for tablets installed into cars or in this case a blackberry playbook modification.

d-xavier dont think RIM are employing at the moment worth having a look online and seeing whats available.

thanks guys glad you lot like the playbook install.
    07-11-11 09:55 AM
    that is pretty sick i own a MkIV .:R32 and i was thinking about buying another playbook just to install in the MkIV very very nice sir
    playbook rep likes this.
    07-11-11 10:27 AM
    Sick So Jealous
    playbook rep likes this.
    07-12-11 01:02 PM
    [QUOTE=playbook rep;6472272]Hi Everyone,

Thought id show all Playbook fans a modification i have carried out in my VW Polo where i have fitted the BlackBerry PlayBook into my car dashboard. Let me know what you think???

Thats siiiiiiccccckkkkk \m/
    I wanted to do the same thing in my a8 but I blew the motor last week Definitely gonna try to do this in my new ride!

Attachment 89879[/QUOTE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

playbook rep likes this.
    07-12-11 02:05 PM
    looks good "DubBerry"
    playbook rep likes this.
    07-12-11 02:12 PM
    looks good "DubBerry"
    Thanx man i like that DUBBERRY

Sorry to hear you blew up your a8 make sure get the modification done on your next car well worth trust me. Best thing is i got internet if am in traffic and non stop videos of youtube as am always Bridged to my Blackberry.
    07-12-11 03:40 PM
    Thats not me bro. Please dont respond to me under a quote from someone named taliban. Thanks

07-12-11 03:59 PM
    [QUOTE=SlcCorrado;6477217]
    Hi Everyone,

Thought id show all Playbook fans a modification i have carried out in my VW Polo where i have fitted the BlackBerry PlayBook into my car dashboard. Let me know what you think???

Thats siiiiiiccccckkkkk \m/
    I wanted to do the same thing in my a8 but I blew the motor last week Definitely gonna try to do this in my new ride!

Attachment 89879[/QUOTE

Sorry bro my bad 1st time using a forum still getting use to how to use it. my apologies. out of curiosity what to ride are you looking to purchase.
    07-12-11 04:03 PM
    [QUOTE=playbook rep;6477502]

Sorry bro my bad 1st time using a forum still getting use to how to use it. my apologies. out of curiosity what to ride are you looking to purchase.
    All good. I've got it already. Its an 04 sti, also waiting for a motor coincidentally. But its here, ready to be put in, and less than half the price of the v8.

07-12-11 04:46 PM
    [QUOTE=SlcCorrado;6477568]

All good. I've got it already. Its an 04 sti, also waiting for a motor coincidentally. But its here, ready to be put in, and less than half the price of the v8.

sounds good man hopefully the 04 STI has a nice space on the dash board for you to have the playbook custom fitted into it have you had a look does it? only thing id suggest is to have a in built charging pin for it cos i have to charge my playbook everynight. i did my install myself as i work on cars in my spare time so i saved alot of money rather than take it to someone, did mines in my back garage lol
    07-12-11 07:03 PM
    [QUOTE=playbook rep;6477829]

sounds good man hopefully the 04 STI has a nice space on the dash board for you to have the playbook custom fitted into it have you had a look does it? only thing id suggest is to have a in built charging pin for it cos i have to charge my playbook everynight. i did my install myself as i work on cars in my spare time so i saved alot of money rather than take it to someone, did mines in my back garage lol
    Thats cool. I havent checked the fit yet, but Ive seen sweet setups with the ipads. Definitely gonna look into putting the playbook in the subaru

07-12-11 07:27 PM
    Did they add an 8 track player too?
    No, I think the 8 track player came standard with the new truck.

I remember 30 years ago, riding in the back seat of my aunts car was like sitting in a shopping cart full of 8 track cassettes. The good old days. In the winter, she would ask all the kids in the back to hold and warm up the next selection she wanted to play. Back then we had to work for our music.
    07-12-11 08:11 PM
    Congrats....Looks great! I'm getting mine installed on my Lancer Evolution IX this week. Hope it comes out as good as yours. As far as wifi connection, I velcroed a verizon mobile hotspot to the dash lol. Because mine is the wifi only model. temporary until i can figure out another place to put it.
    playbook rep likes this.
    07-12-11 10:20 PM
    can u install mines in a mazda 6 2004. id pay you 1500Canadian.
    07-12-11 10:34 PM
    Very nice indeed I'm trying and failing at finding good spot for that on my impala.

agner likes this.
    07-12-11 10:50 PM
    Homagad thats amazing!
    07-12-11 10:55 PM
    that's awesome. i've been trying to figure out a way to get a good integration in my 04 Grand Am. lol might have to buy another car.
    07-13-11 02:28 AM
    Awesome work.
    07-13-11 05:01 AM
    That rocks!

I'm hoping that we see Playbooks in police cars (on the road, not just the demo vehicle that Mobile Innovations did) soon.
    07-13-11 07:49 AM
    This is AWESOME!

Giving me ideas on installing into the flip top lid in my '02 Skyline (AKA '03 Infiniti G35). If I can make it fit so that it can close then it could be a bit of stealth during the daytime so nobody tries to steal.

What would be great is if they could update the Playbook Bluetooth to A2DP and allow it to link with the Blackberry Media Gateway. Since I have that in my car already, all I would need to plug in is the power connector. If I got a PB dock connector, I could make installation a simple matter of slotting it in.
    07-13-11 08:51 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD