Sell it on eBay while you can.. It's funny when a cheap no name tablet from walmart gives a user all the apps they want and run on hardware less than what the pb has.

At the end of the day blackberry put the nail in the coffin on any potential pb owners purchasing Any blackberry product again. So the product was dead, they treated the end users and developers like dirt and finished it off with a big f u. They wonder why developers won't make apps for blackberry? Open your f in eyes, the constant horse crap they pull who really want to make any native apps for the platform. They can't even get developers to port their android apps! What does that tell you?

Blackberry deserves what they have coming to them in very short time. They deserve all the bad press because nothing has changed from the Rim days.

Overhyped, lack luster devices, missed deadlines and bug filled software.
    07-17-13 12:09 AM
    Finally blackberry are admitting that they are dumping the PlayBook as a serious piece of hardware and leaving playbook owners high and dry with out of date software and browser. So what gives 3rd party developers any incentive to develop software now??????
    Come on blackberry give us some incentive to stay with the PlayBook??????
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-17-13 12:10 AM
    it's a good table i can say. but the one who created it is a scumbag
    07-17-13 12:13 AM
    The PlayBook is why I'll never again buy a BlackBerry product (or any other mobile product) on the promise that it will deliver the user experience we demand "soon." I don't care how low BlackBerry prices it, I won't bite. Once they prove to me that they can deliver something close to app offerings and developer support that Android and Apple have, I'll give them a second look, but I won't trust them without results anymore.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-17-13 12:26 AM
    Finally blackberry are admitting that they are dumping the PlayBook as a serious piece of hardware and leaving playbook owners high and dry with out of date software and browser. So what gives 3rd party developers any incentive to develop software now??????
    Come on blackberry give us some incentive to stay with the PlayBook??????
    Barnes & Noble just discontinued A WHOLE LINE OF DEVICES. It could be worse.
    07-17-13 12:47 AM
    You are right my friend. Lesson learnt in a hard way. A lot of people think its just an update, and claims why to bother for a 2 year old device? actually its not just about BB10. Now, there won't be any update for PB. As some one pointed in this thread, BlackBerry purposely killed PlayBook because of A10. If BB10 is available for PB a lot of users will go for PB instead of the over priced 5" A10! This a very smart suicidal move. Most of the people complaining here are those who bought PB for full price before the fire sale. There was nothing expect the Browser. No usefull apps, lack of email, calenders and no android runtime support. We continued to believe in BlackBerry and trusted every time BB said they were working on significant updates and will make the tablet a wonderful device. Email client and lots of apps, BBM were promised to arrive "soon". We all know BlackBerry "soon". It took nearly an year to get email and calender! That was the last useful update PB ever received. Do you think this is the way to treat the customers? 2 years we were fed with nothing but hopes. Hopes that one day PB will be a great tablet. BlackBerry always informed that they were "committed" in tablet market and BB10 will be available for the existing PlayBooks. Being a sincere BlackBerry customer I even bought a Z10 trusting the company again. If the fanboys and defenders here think people complaining here are against BlackBerry then they are wrong! Just open your eyes and see what BlackBerry is doing to the community!
    I totally agreed. I bought a Z10 a month ago so that I can use it with a bb10 playbook. I have been actively helping BlackBerry sell their playbook. Since the announcement, I have not promoted the z10 to my friends or colleagues. I have not lobby to the group responsible for mobile device deployment for the government to turn the tide from apple and android device deployments.
    Call me a fan or a loyalist, but I'm giving BlackBerry until the end of August to make things right with their supporters during the company 's lowest times.
    If they don't, i'm going to get on my soap box and trash the blackberry brand .
    BlackBerry needs to crunch the numbers again to determine what it will cost to make things right in order to prevent a potential billion dollar lost in sales.

Posted from my ??????
    07-17-13 12:53 AM
    Call me a fan or a loyalist, but I'm giving BlackBerry until the end of August to make things right with their supporters during the company 's lowest times.
    If they don't, i'm going to get on my soap box and trash the blackberry brand .
    BlackBerry needs to crunch the numbers again to determine what it will cost to make things right in order to prevent a potential billion dollar lost in sales.

Posted from my ??????
    Don't get your hopes up. Start planning your exit strategy now because it will be a cold day in hell before they actually did something smart.
    Robert Roger and waterman50 like this.
    07-17-13 01:00 AM
    PlayBook is not getting significant OS updates since it was released more than 2 years ago...

What's new about it?

Posted via Z10
    nova_8 likes this.
    07-17-13 01:22 AM
    Sigh...the end of the world has arrived...no BB10 for the PB...all of a sudden, it's a piece of garbage and the whole Team at BlackBerry are a bunch of lying, thieving, no-goods!

Seriously?

If there is such a thing as a Techie Redneck, you all take the cake. Moan this, complain that...take the soother out of your mouths and man up...the PB is a decent tablet and does a lot of things very, very well. the fact that BB10 isn't being released on it is a business decision, and the right one, if the PB can't handle it properly.

No conspiracy. No lies. No Deceit. Simply a business decision, that is made in many, many other industries.

Venting is one thing...trashing the company is something altogether different...it's not only ignorant, but moronic as well.

Ahhhhh, the joy of the internet...armchair crybaby CEO's with nothing but a keyboard for ammunition to vent their infantile bemoanings because they were let down. Awwww...that's too cute.

Grow up, gentlemen (and some ladies, I presume), and join the adults in the Big Room...we have a good piece of hardware that has served us (most of us) well in the time it's been around, and will continue to do so.

So you bought a tablet...some at full price...good for you. You knew what you were buying...there was no BB10 on it at the the time...it did what it did...and continued to do so...so stop your infantile whining.

I bought 4 of them...and put them to good use...and they work well as media players, entertainment devices, ebook readers, and business presentation devices. I still love my PB's...and that's not a fanboy talking, just someone who is happy with his tablet.

You all need a slap upside the head and a kick in the *** for good measure. I'd be happy to help you out there.

Whew. End of rant.
    ppeters914 and nova_8 like this.
    07-17-13 01:47 AM
    Z10 is obviously much faster than PB! Shouldn't it be faster?

So, how can improved BB10 programs be expected to run well on PB.?

That promise should never been made! It cost me wasted PB purchases.

But I still enjoy my PB's, and enjoy my Z10 very much!
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-17-13 02:05 AM
    Z10 is obviously much faster than PB! Shouldn't it be faster?

So, how can improved BB10 programs be expected to run well on PB.?

That promise should never been made! It cost me wasted PB purchases.

But I still enjoy my PB's, and enjoy my Z10 very much!
    You know what? I believe those "promises" were made before the full potential of BB10 was realized, and BlackBerry did an "uh-oh" after the fact. I think they realized it couldn't handle BB10 and tried to make a square peg fit into a round hole. Good on them for trying.

Keep using the PB's until they die...they are a nice piece of hardware.
    07-17-13 02:10 AM
    What's wrong with you people??? Stop defending a LYING COMPANY and a slowly dying one!!! Hope i am wrong but all signs show this from a long time now and the big change they wanted, didn't change anything... Its still the same things only in different format. Nothing revolutionary that would change things around. How can you be so blind?

If i invest money in a product (any kind of money- much or less it doesn't matter cause it's the customers money and its important for every customer individually in variable ways) of a Respectable Name Company...- i want quality, performance and support. It's not rocket science people!!! If you want to be a respectable company in the world and in your domain business you do quality products, make your products competitive against your competitors and support your products and your clients constantly. As a respectful company you need as many clients you can get cause they are paying you.. They give the financial stability and profit your company needs. SO you need to attract them with quality products and keep your customers happy so they will remain your clients and maybe will buy more of your products in the future. Its not a difficult thing to know this.. And they know it and their CEO knows it also and he knows with this move they lost some of their customers..

If you consider yourself a big company and want to compete with the BIG BOYS you have do deliver minimum what the competition does and surpass even that if you can, to try to beat your competitors for attracting customers + partners => money!!! If BlackBerry consider themselves a respectful and a quality firm they treasure their clients!!! Its not our fault (their clients) they promise something and then can't deliver... We don't have to defend them... We can support them if we like but defend them? when they didn't deliver? Its not about you '' fanboys''. Even if you ''care'' about the company, then you criticize it when you see it's not doing the wright things so they would know their customers are not happy and maybe they will try to resolve the problem somehow or at least not do the same thing in the future again. If you remain indifferent and criticize the people who are shouting that what the company is not doing things right, then the rest of customers in the end will leave to the competition where there they will have quality products and support for their money ( indifferent how much money we are talking about, cause its a constant client out of a whole big number of clients= money multiplied) and you ''fanboys'' will remain in a small number and you will not have the necessary financial possibility to sustain this company from falling.. !!! So think again fanboys what's better... A couple of fans who use the company products constantly indifferent of their performance and quality and support .....- or - a whole lot of people, satisfied customers that will make the company profit and be a leader in its domain and maybe expand in the future in other domains...

Plus as a big company in the whole world if you decide to enter on the tablet market you make a plan, study that market, invest a lot of money, efforts, time and you know in what you are getting in, or else you are not a big company, and only some dudes that think that this will be a ''good idea''. They risked entering this market and promised a lot of things... witch us buyers believed and buyed their products for their promises... AND they didn't deliver... In this way they lost a big chunk of faith in the eyes of consumers and future customers for their products. It's a big blow and if you can't see it, then you are blind. And those lost customers are not only the disappointed PB owners but also people who find out about this, from internet, magazines,from word to word etc. For example: I am a disappointed BB user wright? I wil not buy anymore BB products wright? But that's not all. I will complain to everyone i know.. and make bad publicity for BB products and if somebody wants to buy a BB product i stop him and influence him not to buy it cause they will regret that move like i did. This is an example remember and 'I' am one of those hundreds disappointed customers and will influence a whole lot more future customers.
    And BB is not looking good on customers and numbers right now and even in the last years, and even the future doesn't look good. They are losing customers constantly. Now with this move even more. You are saying to yourself.. well a little less customers is not such a big deal... Well it is... BB has a decent amount of customers because the rest of the world is not living at the tendencies of Good economic countries where people choose the best product cause the money is not a problem for them. In the rest of the world people buy for now basic phones and BB is known for its past glory and provides basic phones. I know that because i live in a modest country and i see how things work. But with every year people advance and they desire more... And in the future we will also choose the best product. Why do you think BB is so low in US? Even in Canada, its own country, its not the first product in its domain. In the future countries advance to new technology also and they will chose the best products for their money and i think it wont be BB cause they are way back from their top competitors products and service.

And also stop defending that PB does basic things for you.. There are cheaper tablets that do basic things also. The problem is that BB promised that PB will do a lot of things and they didn't deliver most of them. And the promise kept us all waiting and now when the wait is over its normal for us to rage. I also buyed the tablet and not chose an other talbet because of its promises and bright future.. In this 2 year existence this tablet was only promises. It didn't provided apps almost at all, only cheap, superficial apps; - and in the tablet world - APPS are everything!!! They promised android apps but another promise wasted, they promised new capabilities- wasted, new Os - wasted. We were promised a good tablet with lots of variety uses and you are satisfied with basic? If basic stuff if what you want then it belongs there with other basic products that offer the same thing from ''ghost companies''... ( even in Romania ,a country some of you don't even know it exists, there are 2 ghost companies that offer tablets Quad Core processors, 2gb Ram and even more and Android with all its apps for every use necesairy, and of course they are cheap)
    So now when all hopes of those promises are gone, i won't wait no more for a change. But now i can't sell it to someone, cause there are better product out there and cheap, can't throw it cause it will be a waste of money... it will stay in a closet somewhere. Thanks for your support BlackBerry and your care for your customers.. Maybe you had good intentions but the final verdict is you lost our confidence in you and at least for me, you lost a customer. In the future i won't buy from this company again and won't recommend someone to buy from BlackBerry. Sorry we were loyal and waited... but when you lie about everything thats the last straw. In those almost 2 years I could have used a better tablet from competitors and could have had better uses ( more apps in all categories for different uses ) and satisfaction using it.
    PB had its pros I admit but they were to few to count to the number of cons.

Sorry for writing this wall-text but i had to say it in the PB forums ( not at the samsung forums like said before) and i won't come back every time like said before by some fanboys. I just had to say it. Maybe someone feels the same way.. And fanboys please think more realistic and or defend your company with positive things than to attack the people who complaint about a real problem and they are right to do so..
    07-17-13 02:21 AM
    I got the Playbook 2 years ago not because of BB10, but because (then) RIM promised more good apps to come. With the expectation that basic apps like Skype would come on board SOON. And later on, an added promise that BB10 goodness would come to my beloved tablet SOON. Slowly moving on to other products, (sold my 9560 already), but hey, Blackberry can expect me to come back. SOON.
    You know what? I believe those "promises" were made before the full potential of BB10 was realized, and BlackBerry did an "uh-oh" after the fact. I think they realized it couldn't handle BB10 and tried to make a square peg fit into a round hole. Good on them for trying.

First you write it's a business decision and now it's again that PB is too old :-)
    Man, do you and your pre-poster ever read the forums carefully? We have heard enough of the same nonsense again and again...
    "A Tablet 2 years old with very good specs MUST be un-updateable because the only things matter are spec-races...and so on and so on"

Why are so many CB members such credulous fools?
    +It was a tablet which got very little support because everything was halted for a later BB10 update!

Many here do as if this was a product well supported over the last 2 years and now we should be happy with what we bought...
    In 2011, the tablet OS wasn't even half ready and a year later all updates had to wait for BB10!

Everyone who argues around that is a self-deceptionable fool - but yeah: Companies like BBRY wouldn't be able to run without you it seems!
    duty14 and anon(4044683) like this.
    07-17-13 02:25 AM
    That sir is the biggest load of horse puckey i've ever heard.

You are seriously saying that BBRY's own software engineers who wrote their own OS from scratch had no notion of what the minimum memory requirements for that OS is / was ??? And that they've only just figured out it wouldn't work on the PB.

And by 'potential' are you perhaps referring to it's potential to chew up spare memory like a pig at the trough.

If you beleive that then i've got a lovely bridge in london to sell ya
    07-17-13 02:28 AM
    Sigh...the end of the world has arrived...no BB10 for the PB...all of a sudden, it's a piece of garbage and the whole Team at BlackBerry are a bunch of lying, thieving, no-goods!

Seriously?

If there is such a thing as a Techie Redneck, you all take the cake. Moan this, complain that...take the soother out of your mouths and man up...the PB is a decent tablet and does a lot of things very, very well. the fact that BB10 isn't being released on it is a business decision, and the right one, if the PB can't handle it properly.

No conspiracy. No lies. No Deceit. Simply a business decision, that is made in many, many other industries.

Venting is one thing...trashing the company is something altogether different...it's not only ignorant, but moronic as well.

Ahhhhh, the joy of the internet...armchair crybaby CEO's with nothing but a keyboard for ammunition to vent their infantile bemoanings because they were let down. Awwww...that's too cute.

Grow up, gentlemen (and some ladies, I presume), and join the adults in the Big Room...we have a good piece of hardware that has served us (most of us) well in the time it's been around, and will continue to do so.

So you bought a tablet...some at full price...good for you. You knew what you were buying...there was no BB10 on it at the the time...it did what it did...and continued to do so...so stop your infantile whining.

I bought 4 of them...and put them to good use...and they work well as media players, entertainment devices, ebook readers, and business presentation devices. I still love my PB's...and that's not a fanboy talking, just someone who is happy with his tablet.

You all need a slap upside the head and a kick in the *** for good measure. I'd be happy to help you out there.

Whew. End of rant.
    Should learn to read.. Has nothing to do with bb10. The platform is dead the 2x OS you have now is all it will ever have. Zero updates....Means no flash updates, android runtime, fixed browser, typing lag, restore the bridge. List goes on and on. Who cares about bb10 your left with a buggy pos os!
    07-17-13 02:49 AM
    Not really nice piece of hardware. They can't run BB10. BTW you mentioned we should keep quite because BB10 never existed when we bought our PB. How many times did PlayBook get significant updates? You know the PB was useless for everything other than just for browsing? There was no email, calendar, contacts and good apps. I was forced to buy an iPad after I bought the PB. PBOS 2.0 was the only significant update it received. Actually the original PB should have been released with PBOS 2.0. They took one year to get Email, and calender and a dodgy Android runtime. After that PB never got any updates other than bug fixes. STOP DEFENDING THE CHEATERS!
    duty14, Robert Roger and bodjor like this.
    07-17-13 02:49 AM
    BB is not understanding simple basic fact that they are interdependent on us consumers, it's looks like BB think they they are making for is favour if they make updates. We consumers paying lots of money for BB products, we consumers giving them jobs and bread on the table. BB have zero gratitude for us consumers. BB have no future this way. I just saw today in the news.....BB cuts from this month production of Z10 and Q10 till half.
    That's beginning of the end.
    Let me tell you why IMHO BB should update the pb os: to honor your word... Plain and simple... Did you discover now that bb10 isn't working great in pb? Then you make the executive decision to not bring it to pb but, since your customers are the most important part in your business, then you apologize and you offer a plan b... But if you treat your customers as they are expendable, then as a company you miss the reason for you being successful in business: respect of people that chose you... It's not yesterday sale that matters, it's the sale of tomorrow that will keep you as a winner or as a failure... And the way you treat your customers today will affect your sales tomorrow...
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-17-13 03:11 AM
    If Blackberry can not bring BB10 for playbook, I am sure that the developers on the rooting forum will do that. Then **** to blackberry
    07-17-13 03:20 AM
    First you write it's a business decision and now it's again that PB is too old :-)
    Man, do you and your pre-poster ever read the forums carefully? We have heard enough of the same nonsense again and again...
    "A Tablet 2 years old with very good specs MUST be un-updateable because the only things matter are spec-races...and so on and so on"

Why are so many CB members such credulous fools?
    Put your money where your mouth is, buddy...bet for BB or against them. Get off the BS fence. I did....do you have the balls?
    07-17-13 03:24 AM
    Why? which part of my comment makes you think I am irrelevant to this thread?

Stop trying to make yourself relevant.
    07-17-13 03:27 AM
    BRAVO!!!!!
    07-17-13 03:28 AM
    Looks like those assholes in Waterloo are really sticking it to us all again.
    and you remember what happened last time, almost 200 years ago, someone did that in Waterloo?? ;-)

Only difference is that its not a French in command....
    07-17-13 03:32 AM
    You really need to just let the PlayBook die! If you're bitter about it, then so be it.. don't buy another BlackBerry product if that's what makes you feel better about it all. But what's done is done and nothing anyone says or does is going to change that at this point.
    ===

Remember though this market is all about the strength of your brand and your reputation.

I would have thought a strong presence in the Tablet market (and sticking with loyal customers) was a big plus for the BBRY brand.

I also recall Mike Lazaridis stating a few years back that the Playbook was the future of mankind and its not good for the BBRY image to U-turn on this so fast and dump a sizeable customer base.
    07-17-13 03:36 AM
732 ... 34567 ...