I hear you, but the negative sentiment is being created because people expected BB10 to come to the PB, no matter what. That's not how it works in business. I see the statements that TH made about it as optomistic and sincere, but I am happy that I didn't get a half-baked OS upgrade I would curse and couldn't downgrade from. So, from a business perspective, it was the right decision.

As a consumer, though...I am disappointed...but not stupid enough or ignorant enough to call the company a bunch of liars, because that wasn't the case. Anyone who thinks so, is an i.d.i.o.t.
    I personal don't want BB10 on anything. But all Blackberry had to do is keep us informed on what is happening with the product. I believe that the backlash of the PlayBook could have be controlled if there PR people can just told us what is going on. Yes they did lie about the OS and I'm an I.D.I.O.T but the fact remains. Your a fool if you believe that you have never gotten a half baked product from BlackBerry.
    Carl Estes and bodjor like this.
    07-29-13 04:36 AM
    I hear you, but the negative sentiment is being created because people expected BB10 to come to the PB, no matter what. That's not how it works in business. I see the statements that TH made about it as optomistic and sincere, but I am happy that I didn't get a half-baked OS upgrade I would curse and couldn't downgrade from. So, from a business perspective, it was the right decision.

As a consumer, though...I am disappointed...but not stupid enough or ignorant enough to call the company a bunch of liars, because that wasn't the case. Anyone who thinks so, is an i.d.i.o.t.
    If RIM provided me with facts, I might well be raising my hand and saying call me i.d.i.o.t

Because I would be an i.d.i.o.t if I just accepted the explanation offered without facts. (tap on head by the Wizard of Oz): "kid take my word for it - there is a Santa Claus."
    dphjeff and bodjor like this.
    07-29-13 08:49 AM
    . I see the statements that TH made about it as optomistic and sincere
    What you see it's not the case.
    You should have gone to spectsavers.

He lied.
    Get over it.
    dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    07-29-13 09:06 AM

Right so a better way to have handled this would have been we can't get you BB10, but we are going to make some improvements to Tablet OS since we completely neglected it to get BB10 in place. The way they handled this, just like the entire PlayBook saga, is just poor business in every way imaginable.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 10:12 AM
    Black's Law Dictionary, Seventh Edition (1999), addressing the word, "lie":

"1. To tell an untruth; to speak or write falsely . . . ."

Costas: Feel free to try to spin your BS in any United States court, by telling that court that Thorsten Heins didn't lie about bringing OS 10 to all Playbooks. Your nonsense might fly in the Court of Jackasses, but that's not a court that competent attorneys and judges frequent.
    FF22, kevinnugent and bodjor like this.
    07-29-13 10:15 AM

Costas: Feel free to try to spin your BS in any United States court, by telling that court that Thorsten Heins didn't lie about bringing OS 10 to all Playbooks. Your nonsense might fly in the Court of Jackasses, but that's not a court that competent attorneys and judges frequent.
    Again, there's a big difference between intentionally defrauding consumers and having to reneg on a commitment despite a good-faith effort.

If the BlackBerry executive defrauded customers then they absolutely need to be held to account. There is a burden of proof that needs to be met for this. If you think that's possible then a civil class action needs to be filed, along with a criminal investigation.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    07-29-13 10:26 AM
    Again, there's a big difference between intentionally defrauding consumers and having to reneg on a commitment despite a good-faith effort.

If the BlackBerry executive defrauded customers then they absolutely need to be held to account. There is a burden of proof that needs to be met for this. If you think that's possible then a civil class action needs to be filed, along with a criminal investigation.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    If we have to come to the point of debating whether BB is legally liable to compensate the playbook owners, It's pretty bad public relationship for the company even if the so call fraud will not stand up in court. Those kind of legal tangle usually reserve for shady dealing by less than stellar companies whose sole business are to grab and run. BB has, had? a stellar reputation just as Apple and Samsung do. I'm not sure what percentage of crackberry users here represents the overall BB customers. The longer the company stay silent. ( they should have just shut up after the announcement of no BB10 upgrade and after Alec tweet of no OS update, instead of "We asked the BlackBerry CEO if they're considering any sort of loyalty reward for PlayBook owners to help maintain the BlackBerry love, to which he responded it's something they have been actively discussing and considering.") Like seriously, just shut the hell up already!! Just stop stringing customers along like we are going to purchase Aristo when it's release and then would the Ceo make an attempt to "make up" for his faux pas? That would be a sleazy move even if it's legal coming from once a reputable company.
    07-29-13 10:45 AM

Apart from the issue at hand: that's a shockingly limited definition of lying. Personally I'd go with the following one, in this case from reverso.net
    to speak untruthfully with intent to mislead or deceive
    Not ever untruthful statement automatically is a lie...
    07-29-13 10:47 AM
    Good luck citing reverso.net in recognized United States federal and state courts. Perhaps reverso.net is a trusted resource in the Court of Jackasses.
    07-29-13 11:00 AM
    As you are obviously are so well-versed in the world of dictionaries, maybe you could try cleaning up your language with one... Calling people names just because you don't agree with them is extremely childish...
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-29-13 11:07 AM
    Since we are all EDITORS, I think the thread's title should be changed.

I don't think we will even get INsignificant updates. I don't think we will see anything for the pb from RIM.

The only reason to sue them would be to discover what actually happened and when it happened. I think I still have some credit or other from the Zip-Drive (jazz??? whatever) click-of-death.

Ohhhhhhhh, a credit of $5 (please do your own currency conversion) toward the purchase of a soon to be released $700 device. Yup, a real resolution - worth bupkis!
    07-29-13 11:19 AM
    Hirazi Blue I can admit that I am an i.d.i.o.t, stupid, fool, and so forth but I not a liar. Can Thor? I forgot that that's good business.
    07-29-13 11:20 AM
    "Apart from the issue at hand", ah forget it, you people really only read what you want to read...
    dphjeff likes this.
    07-29-13 11:26 AM
    I understand where your coming from.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    07-29-13 11:31 AM
    Calling people names just because you don't agree with them is extremely childish...
    Who did I "call a name," other than Thorsten the Liar, which is well merited?

"Calling people names just because you don't agree with them is extremely childish."

If I don't agree with someone because that person is an obdurate jackass and I call that person a name that is appropriate for their level of stupidity, my overt accuracy is not "childish," it is a manifestation of accurate, clear thinking.
    07-29-13 11:35 AM
    Ok. He didn't "lie" to us. So what should we call this masquerade ? Global Incompetency ?
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-13 11:42 AM
    Who did I "call a name," other than Thorsten the Liar, which is well merited?

"Calling people names just because you don't agree with them is extremely childish."

If I don't agree with someone because that person is an obdurate jackass and I call that person a name that is appropriate for their level of stupidity, my overt accuracy is not "childish," it is a manifestation of accurate, clear thinking.
    For the sake of argument I am quoting your original statement here (the one I wrote my reply to):
    Good luck citing reverso.net in recognized United States federal and state courts. Perhaps reverso.net is a trusted resource in the Court of Jackasses.

Amazing how many jackballs have come out of the woodwork, or wherever their origins are, spewing nonsense on this thread.
    So, who exactly did you call a name?
    07-29-13 11:45 AM
    I revised that original post after a minute or two.

In any case, the term "jackball" would apply to the numerous imbeciles who have come on this thread and wasted the time of readers by advancing idiotic arguments that Thorsten Heins didn't lie when he stated that Blackberry would be bringing OS 10 to all Playbooks.

People who make ridiculous arguments are jackballs.

Got it?
    07-29-13 11:53 AM

In any case, the term "jackball" would apply to the numerous imbeciles who have come on this thread and wasted the time of readers by advancing idiotic arguments that Thorsten Heins didn't lie when he stated that Blackberry would be bringing OS 10 to all Playbooks.

Got it?
    In other thread it's call meatballs.
    07-29-13 12:12 PM
    Let me speculate on a couple of them: Zinio was kind of a big deal when it finally launched on the Playbook, but there is no BB10 version. Why? It was replaced by BlackBerry Newsstand for some reason, and based on a different provider's infrastructure. Zinio has likely decided that BB10 isn't worth their while to support. So, what does a user do if he has a big Zinio library, but wants to migrate to BB10 on his Playbook? If there's no app, that suddenly becomes a problem..
    Zinio ran like crap, looked like crap and the app was never updated since they released it. The format was all wrong. Who wants to be zooming in and out just to read the damn text. Bottom line it was a crap UI and no care in the app that killed Zinio off..

After people read a magazine or two they all realized it looked like crap on it!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-13 12:38 PM
    BBRY BBM Coming to a device near you you........ Sometime Out October November
    ( oh unless you own a BBRY Playbook that is )

There is no way BBM will be free on android or ios - if it's free, how can BBRY make any money out of it - after all with the increase in userbase that this will bring, BBRY will have to invest heavilly in new server infrastucture and that cash will have to come from somewhere.

So if they don't charge for BBM or some of it's 'premium' services then they will have to have paid advertising within BBM.

Be prepared for further cost cutting and layoffs at BBRY as the TH's gang of five further attempt to make BBRY and it's dwindling cash pot look profitable before the sale of certain parts of the BBRY operation.
    there already has been more layoffs my wife did photos forna couple who's husband worked for blackberry during the shoot then a week after he got layed off. he worked in the hardware department
    07-29-13 01:40 PM
    What you see it's not the case.
    You should have gone to spectsavers.

He lied.
    Get over it.
    You think he lied, I think he didn't. Maybe you need to get over it.
    07-29-13 02:04 PM

Got it?
    ...as are the ones that waste our time by insisting that he intentionally lied simply because they want to be right. Plenty of jackballs around the site these days.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    07-29-13 02:09 PM
    Unintentional lie is still a lie.
    He might have unintentionally lied in January.

What happened in April, May, June?
    He unintentionally realised in the last week (day, hour) of June
    that he's actually making shifts in PB strategy?
    Give me a break.

Do you still believe in Santa ?
    FF22 and dphjeff like this.
    07-29-13 06:48 PM
    After people read a magazine or two they all realized it looked like crap on it!
    Hey, I read plenty of magazines on Zinio for PB It's nice being able to carry around stacks of magazines in a tiny device.

But yeah, the Android client is much faster and text is a lot sharper when zoomed in. The iPad client is pretty good too. I'm glad PB even has Zinio... such is the lot of those who stray off the beaten path

Something interesting: a special BB10 development kit probably exists for PB because some apps like Pacemaker make use of the Cascades UI. Why can't BBRY release that?
    07-29-13 07:38 PM
732 ... 2122232425 ...