Show me ONE recent bb10 running on the PB in jan-mar 2013.n!
    Whether you've personally seen it or not is not evidence of whether or not something has ever existed.

You're welcome to believe in whatever conspiracy theory you choose (Kennedy assassination, roswell aliens, PlayBook BlackBerry 10), but don't go claiming your personal conspiracy theories as "fact" without evidence

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 08:59 AM
    Convinced one girl yesterday (long time bb user) not to buy Q10. Pointed out very unlikely software updates after 10.2 due to hardware limitations.

She's got samsung S4 for less than 24 hours and thanked me three times already. She absolutely loves it.

Congratulations Thorsten Heins.
    And you're still here trolling why?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 09:00 AM
    Bad news specially here in Brazil, the device is being sold in a reasonable price for Brazilian market and a lot of people are buying. When they heard playbook wouldnt received significant updates they were kind of pissedoff with that. This move blackberry took was very unpopular maybe they just keep quiet and say nothing about it. My opinion is that they need to reconsider this issue.
    FF22, dphjeff and flyingsolid like this.
    08-02-13 09:29 AM
    Not that we really care what you think. Sigh.
    Let me bow down before you. Don't you have a bridge to go underneath?

As usual you have nothing constructive to say. Only your usual SA answers.
    08-02-13 10:23 AM
    Whether you've personally seen it or not is not evidence of whether or not something has ever existed.

You're welcome to believe in whatever conspiracy theory you choose (Kennedy assassination, roswell aliens, PlayBook BlackBerry 10), but don't go claiming your personal conspiracy theories as "fact" without evidence

Posted via CB10
    Well show me an internal working of it a recent one? Rather odd every other blackberry device had leaks, short Videos, some even leaked from within the company. Yet tumble weeds for the playbook. Don't know why you protect blackberry so hard on the pb. Makes no sense they would waste time with a team on a EOL playbook. For over a year the pb was dead to them. Why pump millions back into written off stock.

Performance issues? Lame excuse. Considering it won't get any updates to the 2x OS, bb10 on it was only a wet dream..

You can go and believe Thor.

People will take their money elsewhere and call it a lesson learned. Fool me once..
    Last edited by SparkyBC; 08-02-13 at 10:38 AM.
    08-02-13 10:28 AM
    Don't know why you protect blackberry so hard on the pb.
    I'm not and I've said many, many, many times that I'm disappointed in PlayBook not coming to BlackBerry 10. I've also said many, many, many times that I don't think it's a technical impossibility at all.

But I call BS when I see it. Proclaiming, "They never worked on it, because I never saw a picture of it" is silly. Sorry, but it is. That's like saying Apple hasn't worked on a successor to the iPad Mini or an iPhone 7 or any other projects you've never heard of because you've never seen a picture.

Come on. No company on the planet has a section on their website that says, "secret IP of projects we're working on". Do you know how most leaks happen for phones and for OSes? They leave RIM and go to their 600 carrier partners for testing and then someone at one of those 600 carriers leaks them. It's well known and has been discussed on the CrackBerry podcast several times.

Given that the PlayBooks were completely under RIM's control, leaks wouldn't happen typically. Think about it? How many of those 10+ PlayBook updates leaked before they were out? Why would it be different with BlackBerry 10?

Makes no sense they would waste time with a team on a EOL playbook. For over a year the pb was dead to them. Why pump millions back into written off stock.
    Unless there were, at one time, plans for a successor product and the development cost was originally expected to be a lot less than it would have ended up being.

I've discussed this as well.
    08-02-13 10:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Rubber, I do admire your loyalty or stamina.

But I would like to see FACTS from the other side before believing a Corporate Mouthpiece who has failed to deliver for a device which saw one fabrication after another and one delay after another.
    08-02-13 10:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    They all are more legit than Thorsten the liar Heins words, you know.
    08-02-13 10:57 AM
    Rubber, I do admire your loyalty or stamina.
    Nothing to do with loyalty or stanima. Claiming, "this has never been started because I've never seen it" is passing off a rumour or theory as a fact. It isn't. And it's ridiculous thinking. No one but BlackBerry knows where they started and where they stopped on this project but BlackBerry. End of story.

I would have had no issue if he'd simply said, "I don't believe they ever started it".

I've given my theory of what happened. You can read it if you like.
    08-02-13 11:00 AM
    "this has never been started because I've never seen it" is passing off a rumour or theory as a fact. It isn't. And it's ridiculous thinking. No one but BlackBerry knows where they started and where they stopped on this project but BlackBerry. End of story.
    What a lot of BS
    I mean BlackBerry Skewed logic

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

Thorstein Heins claims they had teams working hard on BB10 for PB for at least six months.
    There is no proof of it whatsoever.
    Zero. Nada. None.

Bernard Russel claims I he was to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove his assertion

The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove.
    The inability, or disinclination, to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid, nor give it any credence whatsoever.

Has Thorsten ever proved BB10 for PB existence?
    Has he showed number of BB10 builds from months of development?
    No!

End of story.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-02-13 12:27 PM
    What a lot of BS
    I mean BlackBerry Skewed logic

Thorstein Heins claims they had teams working hard on BB10 for PB for at least six months.
    There is no proof of it whatsoever.
    What part of "companies do not share their confidental IP publically" do you not understand? It's really not that difficult of a concept to grasp? Is Apple showing you their wireframes for iOS 8 right now? Is Microsoft showing you their early in-dev daily builds of Windows Phone 9 right now? Is BlackBerry showing off design concepts of early versions of the successor to the Q10 right now? No, but chances are good they are working on them.

You can call me illogical all you want. I've worked in software for 15 years and I can't help your ignorance here. Developers who show their work to the public before it's ready to be shown in a public fashion (ie. public beta like iOS 7 is in right now or a gold release) by a publicaly approved source get fired and/or prosecuted. This is not unique to RIM. Here's a well known example:

Apple staffer loses test iPhone in bar

http://www.techspot.com/community/to...-leaks.164952/

http://kaboomshark.com/rumor-person-...troller-fired/

Companies guard their IP carefully. If you don't know or understand that because you're mad that Thorsten didn't deliver BlackBerry 10 as planned, I can't help you. And it has nothing to do with "fanboyism". I think you don't get the difference between a fact and a theory.

Fact:
    BlackBerry said they were going to deliver BlackBerry 10 for PlayBook and then reneged on the promise.

Not a Fact but an Unproven Theory:
    Sparky claims they never started it, citing the fact that he's never personally seen it and the fact that Thorsten ultimately didn't deliver it as proof that it was never actually started.

All this is is a theory with no evidence to back it up, because (again) companies don't share their IP publically until it's ready to be shared in public. No developer is going to go on Facebook and put up photos of something he worked on that day because he'd get fired and maybe prosecuted.

Products can and do get stopped after being started a lot.

Here's some examples:

The Escapist : News : Play the Dreamcast Half-Life That Never Was
    Nintendo pushes back DVD-playing Wii for Japan, again
    Apple devices that never were: All of Cupertino�s most secret concepts | Electricpig

The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove.
    Sparky has made the claim without good proof. And no, I'm sorry, "I having seen a leak, they never started it" is not proof. Maybe one day a handheld developer will come on here and say, "yeah - we never did a thing" and Sparky will be vindicated. And maybe he'll say, "we got ___ far, and then it was put on hold, then cancelled".

Has Thorsten ever proved BB10 for PB existence?
    Why would he to you? You don't work for BlackBerry? As a consumer, you're never going to get it because we do know it was never completed. What we don't know is how far along they got.

Has he showed number of BB10 builds from months of development?
    Because companies don't don't do this. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? You are not the owner of BlackBerry asking for a product update. You are not the head of engineering asking for a product update. You are not a key retail or carrier partner asking for a product update under NDA trying to decide if you will carry the product based on seeing it.

None of these things, however, mean squat in terms of identifying where it was or wasn't in its development. That's the end of story.
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 08-02-13 at 01:12 PM.
    08-02-13 12:55 PM
    What part of
    "There are hundreds,

H-U-D-R-E-D-S

leaked BB10 builds for Z10, Q10, Q5
    And some PB OS builds as well "

They appear every week.
    You know...
    That BlackBerry IP they never show to anyone.

Never.

Unless it's BB10 for PB that is.

More people have seen Russell's teapot than BB10 for PB.

BB10 for PB.
    So precious it has to be protected better than a president . The biggest BlackBerry asset. Non working, non existent OS. Files to be revealed in 50 years.
    08-02-13 01:30 PM
    leaked BB10 builds for Z10, Q10, Q5
    And some PB OS builds as well "
    I've explained this to you.

OS builds for phones leak from carriers. It isn't rocket science. BlackBerry sells phones through hundreds of carriers who have their own employees test the builds against their hundreds individual networks. The leaks come from carriers, not BlackBerry. A build is sent, issues are found. Issues are fixed. A new build is sent. A pool of carriers to get leaks from is enormous for phones. This is well known. All the CrackBerry guys have talked about this many times on many podcasts.

In the case of the PlayBook, with the exception of a small handful of carriers selling tiny volumes of the LTE version, PlayBook is sold through retail and its OS doesn't get tested against carrier networks. Hence, the builds don't leave RIM for carriers and don't get leaked by a pool of hundreds of carriers.

What PlayBook builds have leaked for any model at any time?
    08-02-13 01:39 PM
    Carriers don't use and don't leak early beta builds. Carriers test final versions not tens betas.
    08-02-13 01:58 PM
    Carriers don't use and don't leak early beta builds. Carriers test final versions not tens betas.
    What is your point? The problem for leak lovers is still the same:

builds go to carriers for phones to test against networks and carrier employees leak

builds don't go to carriers for PlayBooks to test against networks for carrier employees to be able to leak.
    08-02-13 02:00 PM
    What makes you think carriers test tens different beta builds. They don't waste their time and money. They are not paid to be blackberry beta testers.

Once 10.2 final is ready, they'll test it. A few months later they start seeding it.
    08-02-13 02:33 PM
    What makes you think carriers test tens different beta builds. They don't waste their time and money. They are not paid to be blackberry beta testers.

Once 10.2 final is ready, they'll test it. A few months later they start seeding it.
    Where did I say they were testing "tens of different beta builds" You're wandering off topic...

1. Carriers get phone builds to test
    2. Carrier employees leak phone builds
    3. Carriers do not get PlayBook builds to test typically
    4. Carrier employees do not have PlayBook builds to leak

This is why you haven't seen PlayBook builds leaking of any iteration

I'm all for people calling BlackBerry to the mat for things they know they've done. It's 100% accurate to say, "they said they were going to get BlackBerry 10 to the PlayBook and they reneged". Chew em up and spit 'em out for it. They didn't deliver.

But to claim that "they never started" and "were only saying that to dump inventory" and "they had no intention of ever doing" is complete speculation based upon the puny evidence of, "well, I have seen a leak, therefore it must be the case".

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 02:47 PM
    Let's keep it short:

FACT:
    There's absolutely no evidence to support Thorsten's Heins statement
    that BB teams were working for months on BB10 for PB.

BB10 for PB is a myth, nothing more.
    Thorstein Heins claimed it existed but he was not satisfied with the level of performance.
    The burden of proof lies upon him.

I don't believe in BB myths.
    It may be because TH isn't very convincing as a cult leader
    Ragwan likes this.
    08-02-13 05:06 PM
    Let's keep it short:

FACT:

Thorstein Heins claimed it existed but he was not satisfied with the level of performance.

You still haven't answered my question
    08-03-13 05:18 PM
    Let's keep it short:

FACT:

There's probably a timecard somewhere that shows some programmer worked 10 minutes a day for 6 months on the pb.
    08-03-13 07:39 PM
    It's meaningful because they told a lie and continue to tell lies. Like hinting at something else in store for the PB.

blackberry nostalgia that never was...sigh
    FF22 likes this.
    08-03-13 07:46 PM
    Hei guys lets forget about this and BlackBerry... Like BlackBerry definitely forgot about us and PlayBook. The bad is done... They release a short statement and wanted to get away quick and easy and with less noise possible... Well they did it and they moved on and the Playbook and the owners of PlayBooks are already forgotten..

We don't matter and it's no use debating here cause nobody cares... Lets also move on... Let's move on from BlackBerry, cause it's not worth it, not only by their treatment after 2 years of promises but by their limited capabilities in general. BlackBerry is very limited compared to the competition and it's a sinking ship already... It already sinks and they showed that they don't want loyal customers so let's move on where the ships still float and where they want passengers.

So do yourself good and forget about PlayBook and buy in the future quality finished products from serious companies... If it is the next Ipad, or Samsung Galaxy Tab or Assus next tablet or any other tablets, do it cause it will offer you a far better experience for your money and be sure it will have support years to come, unlike some company we know...

Thanks BlackBerry for everything... Now its time to move on to a more serious company with better products and no promises....
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    08-05-13 04:24 AM
    I understand the sentiment, but why would I want to forget about the Playbook. It is currently the only tablet I can afford (as I already paid for it). So, forget about Blackberry? Sure. Forget about the Playbook? Not just yet as far as I am concerned...
    FF22 likes this.
    08-05-13 04:38 AM
    I understand the sentiment, but why would I want to forget about the Playbook. It is currently the only tablet I can afford (as I already paid for it). So, forget about Blackberry? Sure. Forget about the Playbook? Not just yet as far as I am concerned...
    If we get no updates, playbook will dump us by year end.
    08-05-13 04:49 AM
    Also I really didn't want to bring this up here, because this thread is awful, but if you peek your head over into the BB10 leaked OS sub forum you'll discover that they've found PlayBook code and settings in most of the core BB10.2 apps and OS files. As of yet, none of it can be installed, as it still needs the proper OS build for the PlayBook itself, but it looks like they're going to a lot of effort to keep up the charade of having worked on BB10 for the Playbook.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    08-05-13 04:51 AM
732 ... 2627282930