What makes you think they'd decided back in September?
    I've talk with person from RIM at September 2012 about memory limit. He told me - BB10 requires 2GBs RAM. I've asked them - how about PlayBook, it have 1GB, is it get BB10 or not? Answer has been - "9 of 10, there is no BB10 for PlayBook". I've got the same confirmation from other person in RIM at December 2012.

This information has been available at SEPTEMBER 2012!!! Not in June 2013.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-31-13 08:44 AM
    And btw, it's actually slightly unfair to say the PlayBook "isn't supported anymore".
    OMG! Please stop defend them! I have a lot issues with browser and bridge. Last OS update has been 18 months a go!!! And we have confirmation at first post of this thread - this issues will not be fixed NEVER!

Any app that gets released for BB10 that's compatible goes into the PlayBook app store as well.
    Are you kidding me? Did you mean 'Android apps converted for BB10'? If you do not remember - PB have different screen resolution instead of Z10. What do you mean 'compatible'? As I know - there only 3 types of apps can be compatible:

+ Android 2.3 apps
    + HTML5 apps
    + Adobe Air apps

No native, no Cascades, no BB10 BPS applications.
    FF22 and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    07-31-13 08:53 AM
    Putting aside the semantic debate on the word lie ( which is not going anywhere, anyway...) Can anybody tell me which CEO from the competition has already made a public promise and then failed to fulfill it afterward ?

Just for the record...
    Listen, Thor made and honest mistake. He lied and thought he could get away with it! Or going back to Watergate: When did he know or when should he have known about it?
    kevinnugent and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    07-31-13 09:43 AM
    Indeed... We human are so fallible. ^^

Now speaking of misleading marketing, did you notice that blackberry is still promoting the Playbook of their website ? Just have a look:

BlackBerry PlayBook Getting No More Significant Updates, Confirms Alec Saunders-playbook.jpg

Now, is it still a honest mistake ? Just asking...
    07-31-13 09:56 AM

Now speaking of misleading marketing, did you notice that blackberry is still promoting the Playbook of their website ? Just have a look:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	playbook.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	187792

That's a very long honest mistake.
    FF22 and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    07-31-13 10:18 AM
    Funeral directors selling dead bodies.

It's disgusting
    07-31-13 10:29 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	playbook.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	187792

Come on - that's a web site and we know Thor can't have his hand in everything. No micromanagement, well, other than killing the Playbook's future.

But that is pretty funny, ahem, sad, ahem maybe deceptive unless you are a fanboy in which case it is normal corporate bevhavior - obviously, they still have pb's to sell and all's fair in deceptive advertising from corporate former giants.
    07-31-13 11:20 AM
    Come on - that's a web site and we know Thor can't have his hand in everything. No micromanagement, well, other than killing the Playbook's future.

But that is pretty funny, ahem, sad, ahem maybe deceptive unless you are a fanboy in which case it is normal corporate bevhavior - obviously, they still have pb's to sell and all's fair in deceptive advertising from corporate former giants.
    What exactly is deceptive about the information found on that specific web page?
    07-31-13 11:54 AM
    What exactly is deceptive about the information found on that specific web page?
    Ultra Powerful. (where's BB10 ?) Ultra fast. (wher's BB10?) unmatched web experience. ( come on!!!)

In other words: everything.
    07-31-13 12:05 PM
    The first thing that I saw was the mention of BB Bridge and how perfectly it works with your phone........what if I have, say, a Z10?!

Also the part about the browsing experience....that's why we are not getting any updates, because it's so damn perfect!!!
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-31-13 12:31 PM
    Browsing experience?
    Hell yeah!

08-01-13 05:42 PM
    What about the new Android runtime? Is it coming to Playbook? That would be good for bringing in lots of potential apps...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    08-01-13 08:15 PM
    What about the new Android runtime? Is it coming to Playbook? That would be good for bringing in lots of potential apps...

"No further support" is pretty final.
    08-01-13 08:56 PM

This is what Thor is telling the player owners
    08-01-13 09:20 PM
    Solution - Clean up your Playbook, put it back in the box. Sell on Ebay. Get $40 discount on new Nexus 7.

Simple. Dump it and move on. Life is too short to keep moaning.
    It will be shorter if you will not moan...

Posted via Z10
    08-01-13 09:29 PM
    It will be shorter if you will not moan...

Posted via Z10
    For some it was over before the moaning even start :P
    08-01-13 09:36 PM
    "No further support" is pretty final.
    The product is still supported by tech support but no major updates... so no to android

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 10:04 PM
    This is what Thor is telling the player owners
    I think that's how meetings between Thorsten Heins and those that were working on BB10 OS update were going once he had stated all PlayBooks would be getting a update to BB10 OS. If if acts like the guy in the video, good old Thor could honestly say he didn't know 8-9 MONTHS ago BB10 on the PlayBook was a no-go!

That's the only explanation for killing off the PlayBook 8-9 MONTHS after it was discovered BB10 OS needed 2GB, when the PlayBook has only 1GB.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8933551
    Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 08-02-13 at 02:00 AM.
    08-02-13 01:12 AM
    Buy a nexus 7 2nd gen and enjoy a real Eco system and a os that's supported. Blackberry couldn't give two shiats about pb owners. So why should you invest in them.

Essentially bb10 is just android emulator. Because any real apps you want are android ports. Best support to show blackberry is take your money elsewhere.

Let them sink!
    ViBogdan and blueberrymerry like this.
    08-02-13 01:29 AM
    Dude, I know you're upset, but you need to stop passing off your personal conspiracy theories as though they're proven facts. People on this forum have seen BlackBerry 10 builds running on PlayBooks.

Unless you had a night job working for David Smith that we don't know about....
    Show me ONE recent bb10 running on the PB in jan-mar 2013. Going to take blackberries word for it?

Nieve

I couldn't care less its not coming I put them up on eBay and bought 2 nexus 7 2nd gen!
    08-02-13 01:36 AM
    Solution - Clean up your Playbook, put it back in the box. Sell on Ebay. Get $40 discount on new Nexus 7.

Simple. Dump it and move on. Life is too short to keep moaning.
    If you want to get more money out of it point the buyer to BlackBerry's website, you'd think it's a current product, just released and or it has full manufacturer support (As in updates, not a call center you call into and they tell you to reboot the device)

You could also point them to this video (Which I think Thorsten Heins needs to be tied to a chair with his eylids taped open and be forced to watch it (1) time for each PlayBook they sold (2.5+ Million times)

Third option, as you will probably get a hardly anything if someone was to Google "BlackBerry PlayBook.

Advertise the PlayBook as a "Tablet 7 inch Android" and have the Nexus 7 box in the background. You don't say it's a Nexus 7 but people will assume it is by the box in the background. If they ask you about it stay silent about it and if forced to respond DELAY as long as possible.

In other words Do a "BlackBerry" on them...

Disclaimer: I would not do last option personally as it's dishonest and misleading. Maybe you can get CEO of BlackBerry to list it for you.
    Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 08-02-13 at 02:05 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-02-13 01:36 AM
    Show me ONE recent bb10 running on the PB in jan-mar 2013. Going to take blackberries word for it?

Nieve

I couldn't care less its not coming I put them up on eBay and bought 2 nexus 7 2nd gen!
    Not that we really care what you think. Sigh.
    08-02-13 02:58 AM
    Convinced one girl yesterday (long time bb user) not to buy Q10. Pointed out very unlikely software updates after 10.2 due to hardware limitations.

She's got samsung S4 for less than 24 hours and thanked me three times already. She absolutely loves it.

Congratulations Thorsten Heins.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    08-02-13 03:31 AM
    Multiply that by a few hundred thousand or a million times...

That weird flushing sound? That's the sound of 70 million users dumping their BB phones, a few million a quarter, until there are none left.
    08-02-13 06:26 AM
    If you want to get more money out of it point the buyer to BlackBerry's website, you'd think it's a current product, just released and or it has full manufacturer support (As in updates, not a call center you call into and they tell you to reboot the device)

You could also point them to this video (Which I think Thorsten Heins needs to be tied to a chair with his eylids taped open and be forced to watch it (1) time for each PlayBook they sold (2.5+ Million times)

BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Commercial - YouTube

Third option, as you will probably get a hardly anything if someone was to Google "BlackBerry PlayBook.

Advertise the PlayBook as a "Tablet 7 inch Android" and have the Nexus 7 box in the background. You don't say it's a Nexus 7 but people will assume it is by the box in the background. If they ask you about it stay silent about it and if forced to respond DELAY as long as possible.

In other words Do a "BlackBerry" on them...

Disclaimer: I would not do last option personally as it's dishonest and misleading. Maybe you can get CEO of BlackBerry to list it for you.
    Excellent visual analogy. After all they initially showed Skype and some other big app that never showed up. And your conclusions are just as factual as those who believe "poor" (not monetarily) Thor really was shocked and disappointed by the recent discovery that bb10 would not work. And then were even more shocked that someone "else" decided it would not get further updates.

And their website certainly makes one believe it is still current. At least they should add text to their website stating it will receive no further updates. Or some hacker should get to work on it!
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    08-02-13 08:42 AM
732 ... 2526272829 ...