This is about the majority. And the majority we can see on this thread that they are very unsatisfied
    That's the thing. We are not "the majority"We are a small group of loud people posting in a tech forum dedicated to BlackBerry devices frequented by people who are interested enough in technology to come to a tech site.. Don't assume that you or I or anyone in this thread represents the typical buying profile of a PlayBook user in general or even a CrackBerry user in general. Two of my aunts, two of my cousins, my mother and quite a fair number of my friends have PlayBooks. None of them know squat about BlackBerry 10 or care what it does. They bought a cheap tablet. Not suggesting that they are "the majority either" but rather that it's pointless to assume what the majority of 2.5 million people are like based upon the actions of a tiny, unrepresentative, skewed sample in these forums.

Be pissed all you want (rightfully) about not getting what you were promised. But don't assume everyone else has your opinion or even that you represent the majority.

If you want a cheap tablet that does basic stuff I can recommend you some and they will have more apps for you cause its based on Android.
    Except for a couple of things.

- When I bought this in Christmas 2011 for $200, I certainly didn't have a 64 GB tablet. The Kindle Fire wasn't out in Canada, the Google Nexus wasn't out in Canada and the iPad Mini and older iPad weren't at that price.

- I don't like Android. :-)

Don't fool yourself that PlayBook has all the apps you need
    Don't make assumptions about what I need and don't need in a tablet. Also kindly don't assume I'm some blind fanboy. Read some of my other posts and you'll see I have plenty of devices including an iPad Mini. But it doesn't change the fact that I got a good bargain in December 2011 and I still use it daily.

So people including me have the right to be very unsatisfied with the whole treatment of BB with their customers for all this time and the future
    I didn't say that you didn't. I just took issue with the extent of some of your statements

Personally unlike like you if I pay for something indifferent of the sum I want to use it as much as I can.
    Really? So how much do I 'use' my tablet every day? You're living in my head now? You're the authority on what I should and should do with my tech?

Come on ...
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-30-13 07:35 PM
    @rubberchicken76...you're trying talk sense to someone who isn't interested in a sensical argument.

Give 'er, though...I'm with ya.
    07-30-13 07:51 PM
    Agreed. I'm sure there are many, many people within BlackBerry who are just as disappointed as we are. I'm sure BB10 could have worked on 1GB RAM (since it worked reasonably well on the Dev Alpha devices), but it was choppy and apps frequently force-closed. I think there's at least a possibility that users might have been angrier and more disappointed at a BB10 update that messed their machines up irreparably than one that didn't come at all.

And, again, I think that there were business issues that had nothing to do with how well BB10 worked on the device itself.

I think you're distorting reality if you try to claim that BB lied. If I tell my wife in the morning that I'm going to make pot roast for dinner, and I don't defrost it in time and make chicken instead, I'm not "lying". It's only a lie if I tell my wife I'm making pot roast when I have no intention of doing so.

That may seem like a trivial issue to you, but accusing someone of "lying" is a very, very different thing from accusing them of making a mistake. If there's evidence that the company actually misled customers over this, that isn't just a $5 refund to every PlayBook owner, that's a shareholder lawsuit for distorting the value of the company.

I don't know. Back in June these boards were rife with critics convinced that BB was just going to quietly let the PlayBook fade out without saying anything at all, and I was equally convinced that if the update was going to be dropped that the company would at least be honest about it. They did, at least, do that. I agree that BB should find some way to thank PlayBook users. Hopefully they do, but I don't see much point in harboring grudges in the meantime. Life's too short.
    LOL you believe their version like its the only truth. We believed in their word and look where it ended. So now you believe Heins that this would have been a crappy OS for PlayBook? Do you really think is the tru truth even now? Our PlayBook will be ruined( messed up their machines irreparably ")? Lol. .What do you think this is? It's a software. ... And with the business issue.. You just invent excuses for them? They didn't excuse it was a business issue so how do we know if it's a business issue? As long as they didn't put it as an excuse then we don't know for sure and that is a long shot speculation. We can find other issues if you want but all are pure speculation. All they said is the RAM issue and that is very hard to believe.. ( Like said in other posts latest IOS works on 512 RAM Ipad or even 256 RAM IPhone_3GS, or latest Android update works just fine on 1 GB RAM Samsung Galaxy S2, or even Windows 7 works on 1 GB computers )

Secondly you just keep the childish "lie" word.. You don't give up with that... ? Have you read my post? I don't care about the word lie and what does it mean , I only care about the results of their treatment, promises witch they didn't delivered. I didn't even mention the word lie or they lied...
    So please stop with the philosophy of "lie". It doesn't serve to anything and it is a waste of time debate... and it's a poor thing to excuse the whole situation of BB...

Third. Yeah life is short and I will move on. I am expressing here my frustration and their poor treatment so if we are expressing our frustration maybe BB will hear their disappointed voices of their clients. If not that's the way it is. Will accept it and forget about PlayBook ( i can't sell it., so it will be another object around the house) and BB and move to a more serious company with a better product and hope a lot will do so... Cause after this BB doesn't deserve better...
    07-30-13 07:57 PM
    @rubberchicken76...you're trying talk sense to someone who isn't interested in a sensical argument.

Give 'er, though...I'm with ya.
    Lol blind fanboy talks... Sense... From all your posts there is very little sense and you have poor arguments... So your support is meaningless In rest How you've been...
    07-30-13 08:09 PM
    Lol blind fanboy talks... Sense... From all your posts there is very little sense and you have poor arguments... So your support is meaningless In rest How you've been...
    Lmao...the mouthpiece spews again...pretty brave behind the keyboard, aren't ya? Keep up the personal attacks, son...you're simply embarrassing yourself with the same lame argument, over and over and over.

You need to get over yourself, and have some respect for others here...you're disrespectful, needlessly abrasive, and plainly ignorant. All in all, a child, with a bad attitude. Grow up.
    07-30-13 08:23 PM
    I have my Q10 but ectremely disappointed now that Playbook wont get BB10, effectively making it a useless, non partner. Cost me over a thousand for 2 years use, a very poor return. Aristo looks a good upgrade for 9860.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using CB Forums mobile app
    07-30-13 08:33 PM
    That's the thing. We are not "the majority"We are a small group of loud people posting in a tech forum dedicated to BlackBerry devices frequented by people who are interested enough in technology to come to a tech site.. Don't assume that you or I or anyone in this thread represents the typical buying profile of a PlayBook user in general or even a CrackBerry user in general. Two of my aunts, two of my cousins, my mother and quite a fair number of my friends have PlayBooks. None of them know squat about BlackBerry 10 or care what it does. They bought a cheap tablet. Not suggesting that they are "the majority either" but rather that it's pointless to assume what the majority of 2.5 million people are like based upon the actions of a tiny, unrepresentative, skewed sample in these forums.
    I also know personally people who are disappointed that they buyed a tablet that won't be supported in the future. So your argument that we are little or the majority is irrelevant... You don't know so you can't speak about this subject. Maybe in your surprise people know what they buy or get annoyed by some inconveniences on their tablets and the news heard that BB won't be supported in the future for their money may also be an inconvenient. So we can't talk about the right numbers but at least at this forum there are some voices that wanted to be heard. Before this news I never posted on Crackberry but that doesn't mean I didn't had an opinion or followed news about my product or BB in general.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Be pissed all you want (rightfully) about not getting what you were promised. But don't assume everyone else has your opinion or even that you represent the majority.[/QUOTE]

I don't assume. This thread showed us. I am not the only one.. If you've seen the posts of course...

[/QUOTE]Except for a couple of things.

- When I bought this in Christmas 2011 for $200, I certainly didn't have a 64 GB tablet. The Kindle Fire wasn't out in Canada, the Google Nexus wasn't out in Canada and the iPad Mini and older iPad weren't at that price.[/QUOTE]

If you know only these tablets that's your problem. But there exist aslo many other tablets excepting those and for your surprise they are very cheap. And not everyone bought PlayBook for 200 $ . I bought for example the 32 GB variant with 300$ + shipping and some even more... So not reduce it all to you..

[/QUOTE]- I don't like Android. :-)

Good for you.. But that is insignificant. It's not about you again... Some like Android for your surprise...

[/QUOTE]Don't make assumptions about what I need and don't need in a tablet. Also kindly don't assume I'm some blind fanboy. Read some of my other posts and you'll see I have plenty of devices including an iPad Mini. But it doesn't change the fact that I got a good bargain in December 2011 and I still use it daily.[/QUOTE]

You say you've got a good bargain... I say I don't got a good bargain... And the ones that bought it with full price or the ones that buyed at different prices than you maybe they also didn't feel they got a bargain, or the ones that expected more from this tablet etc. So you still speak on your behalf but that doesn't mean it applies to everyone ..

[/QUOTE]
    I didn't say that you didn't. I just took issue with the extent of some of your statements

Really? So how much do I 'use' my tablet every day? You're living in my head now? You're the authority on what I should and should do with my tech?

Come on ...[/QUOTE]

You haven't read the whole paragraph? Or you just didn't wanted to quote the whole paragraph..? Nice.. I'll translate. I said"" I didn't know about you..... "" "But if I knew it was gonna be like this I would have buyed a more expensive Ipad that is a whole lot better than the limited BB PlayBook " Better now?
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-30-13 08:52 PM
    Lmao...the mouthpiece spews again...pretty brave behind the keyboard, aren't ya? Keep up the personal attacks, son...you're simply embarrassing yourself with the same lame argument, over and over and over.

You need to get over yourself, and have some respect for others here...you're disrespectful, needlessly abrasive, and plainly ignorant. All in all, a child, with a bad attitude. Grow up.
    Really? Do you want me to quote you from your posts before? And now you you are telling me about respect the others.. Good one... And i backed my arguments with some facts. Not much but some. You didn't come with any as far as I know of.. Pretty brave behind the keyboard? Lol .. If it wasn't behind the keyboard you would have tried to beat me up? Or what?

And me child? Wish I was but unfortunately I'm not sorry...
    07-30-13 09:15 PM

And me child? Wish I was but unfortunately I'm not sorry...
    Too bad...that would have explained a lot.

p.s......it's "bought", not "buyed".
    07-30-13 09:36 PM
    Don't know why its so hard for either camps to just let the others state their opinions without getting to the level of personally attacking each others.

Tired of hearing something, then just don't visit the thread(s), pretty simple, unless some are lacking in attention or whatever.

The playbook issue isn't going to go away for a while.
    07-30-13 10:10 PM
    Sorry for the double post.

Why are we back to the subject of BB10 and whether or not Thor lied?

Thought this thread was about what Alec said?
    07-30-13 10:27 PM
    Semantically, a "lie" connotes a deliberate attempt to mislead. You cannot lie in good faith. You CAN make a statement in good faith that later turns out to me inaccurate. Call that a miscalculation or an outright blunder, but it's not the same thing.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    True. But in my opinion he knew earlier, and lied.
    07-31-13 12:09 AM
    True. But in my opinion he knew earlier, and lied.
    You can think it all you want, but in the absence of proof it's unfair to accuse him of it. I do not believe that anyone at BlackBerry said anything about the update coming after they knew the plug was being pulled. Agreed, that's how I choose to view it, but I think events bear me out.
    07-31-13 12:15 AM
    You can think it all you want, but in the absence of proof it's unfair to accuse him of it. I do not believe that anyone at BlackBerry said anything about the update coming after they knew the plug was being pulled. Agreed, that's how I choose to view it, but I think events bear me out.
    Not unfair at all. It is the risk an individual assumes when they don't honor their word. Many consider him a liar based on the way this went down, and many also do not and will continue to make up excuses. Both views are correct. Either way this will cost them customers and sales, it will cost them more of what little credibility they have left, and it will make it almost impossible for any future tablet from BlackBerry to be released in the near future with any hope of success.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:21 AM
    I think you're distorting reality if you try to claim that BB lied. If I tell my wife in the morning that I'm going to make pot roast for dinner, and I don't defrost it in time and make chicken instead, I'm not "lying". It's only a lie if I tell my wife I'm making pot roast when I have no intention of doing so.
    I think you do not understand difference between "lie" and "intention".

If you KNOW that you can't "make pot roast for dinner" for some reason, but you promise to make it - this is pure lie. If not - this is intention fails.

As we know - they KNOWS that BB10 will not launch on Playbook at least at September 2012.

This thread is not about Playbook and BB10, this thread about lie and loyalty.

BTW, i'm happy that i not purchased Playbook at launch for iPad 2 price. I've purchased iPad 2, and now i have iOS5,6,7 and support for it. Compare this with Playbook LTE - 3 months after launch, and it's unsupported anymore.

This is a reason for me to purchase other devices from Apple instead of Blackberry. I know - this devices will be supported at least 3 years or more. They keep all promises, because they worried about loyalty.

Loyalty is a key for success.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-31-13 01:47 AM
    Thread has beaten like a dead horse.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    Well, via that CB10 on your Z10! here's what you do.

(This tip will also work for those who think BlackBerry should get a pass or a pat on the back for Killing off the PlayBook or find negative info about BlackBerry disturbing.)

Right above the first post on each page of the thread there is a link called "THREAD TOOLS", Click on it and select "Unsubscribe from this thread".

NOTE: The above procedure has been approved by Thorsten Heins CEO of BlackBerry. The man who killed off the only tablet BlackBerry has /had when the company is sitting on a 2.9<3.1 BILLION DOLLAR WAR-CHEST and they are debit free.

FF22 likes this.
    07-31-13 01:56 AM

If you KNOW that you can't "make pot roast for dinner" for some reason, but you promise to make it - this is pure lie. If not - this is intention fails.

As we know - they KNOWS that BB10 will not launch on Playbook at least at September 2012.

BTW, i'm happy that i not purchased Playbook at launch for iPad 2 price. I've purchased iPad 2, and now i have iOS5,6,7 and support for it. Compare this with Playbook LTE - 3 months after launch, and it's unsupported anymore.

This is a reason for me to purchase other devices from Apple instead of Blackberry. I know - this devices will be supported at least 3 years or more. They keep all promises, because they worried about loyalty.

LOL! There is no "loyalty" in this day and age mate. Who are you kidding ?

Just take a look at all those Apple lemmings who buy 1st gen Apple products and end up getting shafted by Apple's planned obsolescence of their products in short order. Then there are the numerous users getting screwed by Apple's extortionist pricing and vendor lockin.

No loyalty there I'm afraid. Maybe in your walled Apple garden you can see bliss but it's more than likely a pipe dream.
    07-31-13 02:28 AM

Won't argue with any of this, except that timeline. What makes you think they'd decided back in September?

And btw, it's actually slightly unfair to say the PlayBook "isn't supported anymore". Any app that gets released for BB10 that's compatible goes into the PlayBook app store as well. There have been hundreds (if not thousands) of new ones show up in the past few months.
    07-31-13 02:40 AM
    And btw, it's actually slightly unfair to say the PlayBook "isn't supported anymore". Any app that gets released for BB10 that's compatible goes into the PlayBook app store as well. There have been hundreds (if not thousands) of new ones show up in the past few months.
    Are you sure about this? So every BB10 app will be compatible with Playbook? Cause i find a lot of BB10 apps out there that don't work for Playbook. Even CB when they present an app they say it's for BB10 for a reason... So people with older OS don't get their hopes up that the app in person will work for them too...

If any came up for Playbook is because there are still some devs working for Playbook, and maybe they were already in progress with the app so why not finish the work and release it..
    But with the announcement of not supporting Playbook anymore be sure that the Playbook devs will disapear because the Playbook will be dead in BB eyes... It doesn't exist for them... It's a past thing for them... Forgotten...
    07-31-13 04:21 AM
    LOL! There is no "loyalty" in this day and age mate. Who are you kidding ?

Just take a look at all those Apple lemmings who buy 1st gen Apple products and end up getting shafted by Apple's planned obsolescence of their products in short order. Then there are the numerous users getting screwed by Apple's extortionist pricing and vendor lockin.

No loyalty there I'm afraid. Maybe in your walled Apple garden you can see bliss but it's more than likely a pipe dream.
    If you are still buying the products from the company and you are sadisfied in your own way... then its called loyalty. You remain loyal to their products no matter what...
    Don't know the deal for every loyal Apple fan... but this is sure that the majority are satisfied and that says something.. And there are ''a lot'' of loyal Apple consumers that buy every Apple product.. So those ''a lot'' can't be all stupid. Can they?
    07-31-13 05:13 AM
    BB made a commitment that would have made sense under many circumstances, particularly if the PlayBook was selling well enough to justify a successor device. Conditions changed, and they had to react. They had to make the best decision they could in the face of shareholders.
    What conditions changed, between January and June, that would affect development of BB10 for the Playbook?
    07-31-13 06:59 AM
    Semantically, a "lie" connotes a deliberate attempt to mislead. You cannot lie in good faith. You CAN make a statement in good faith that later turns out to me inaccurate. Call that a miscalculation or an outright blunder, but it's not the same thing.
    Another scenario is making a statement about something for which you have no direct knowledge of without getting enough information to verify that your statement is true.
    In theory you didn't lie because you didn't know for sure that what you said wasn't true but you did intentionally not validate your statement.

Anyway, this is a different topic.
    07-31-13 07:16 AM

Are you an attorney who has ever tried and won a case in any jurisdiction?

I am.

Are you lying now?
    07-31-13 07:18 AM
    Attorney s never lie.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    07-31-13 08:18 AM
    Putting aside the semantic debate on the word lie ( which is not going anywhere, anyway...) Can anybody tell me which CEO from the competition has already made a public promise and then failed to fulfill it afterward ?

Just for the record...
    Last edited by tarektoverso; 07-31-13 at 09:35 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-31-13 08:29 AM
732 ... 2425262728 ...