Unintentional lie is still a lie.
    He might have unintentionally lied in January.

What happened in April, May, June?
    He unintentionally realised in the last week (day, hour) of June
    that he's actually making shifts in PB strategy?
    Give me a break.

Do you still believe in Santa ?
    The problem here is that you, among others, simply will continue to slam the guy and the company for not following through on a statement or promise originally made when bb10 was still being developed.

I believe the intent was there. I believe they tried. I also believe they found that it would not run well, and had to be scrapped in favourite of applying resources to other areas far more critical to the PB getting bb10.

I'm not drinking Kool aid, nor am I a fan boy. I simply understand business, as I own and run a successful one, and it is truly getting tiring having to deal with people who have nothing to spew but venom.

But I wish you luck.

And I AM Santa.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 08:09 PM
    If we have to come to the point of debating whether BB is legally liable to compensate the playbook owners, It's pretty bad public relationship for the company even if the so call fraud will not stand up in court. Those kind of legal tangle usually reserve for shady dealing by less than stellar companies whose sole business are to grab and run. BB has, had? a stellar reputation just as Apple and Samsung do. I'm not sure what percentage of crackberry users here represents the overall BB customers. The longer the company stay silent. ( they should have just shut up after the announcement of no BB10 upgrade and after Alec tweet of no OS update, instead of "We asked the BlackBerry CEO if they're considering any sort of loyalty reward for PlayBook owners to help maintain the BlackBerry love, to which he responded it's something they have been actively discussing and considering.") Like seriously, just shut the hell up already!! Just stop stringing customers along like we are going to purchase Aristo when it's release and then would the Ceo make an attempt to "make up" for his faux pas? That would be a sleazy move even if it's legal coming from once a reputable company.
    In the UK and Germany, their respectives governments are MAKING them recompense anyone who wants to return the Playbook for FULL RETAIL PRICE paid. I wish we had that level of consumer protection here.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-13 08:10 PM
    In the UK and Germany, their respectives governments are MAKING them recompense anyone who wants to return the Playbook for FULL RETAIL PRICE paid. I wish we had that level of consumer protection here.
    Ummm yeah, right. Link, please.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 08:14 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...months-823959/
    Ummm yeah, right. Link, please.

Posted via CB10
    Too lazy to find the UK reference in the 10 seconds it's taken to look this up. But here's the German topic.... and most of Europe have the same Warranty laws.
    07-29-13 08:18 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...months-823959/

Too lazy to find the UK reference in the 10 seconds it's taken to look this up. But here's the German topic.... and most of Europe have the same Warranty laws.
    Aside from the fact that I am lazy, I am also very good at calling bs.... a forum thread does not prove anything...let's see the official government warranty law.

Seriously....

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 08:26 PM
    I'm beginning to understand how BlackBerry has acquired a 2.9<3.1 BILLION DOLLAR WARCHEST and no debit.

07-30-13 01:34 AM
    Aside from the fact that I am lazy, I am also very good at calling bs.... a forum thread does not prove anything...let's see the official government warranty law.

Seriously....

Posted via CB10
    I actually wrote *I* was too lazy to look them both up. No need to be soooo defensive. It's a $99 gadget for gawds sake.
    07-30-13 02:09 AM
    The problem here is that you, among others, simply will continue to slam the guy and the company for not following through on a statement or promise originally made when bb10 was still being developed.

I believe the intent was there. I believe they tried. I also believe they found that it would not run well, and had to be scrapped in favourite of applying resources to other areas far more critical to the PB getting bb10.

I'm not drinking Kool aid, nor am I a fan boy. I simply understand business, as I own and run a successful one, and it is truly getting tiring having to deal with people who have nothing to spew but venom.

But I wish you luck.

And I AM Santa.

Posted via CB10
    Costas 1966, I am neither a troll nor fanboy, just a PB user, and I have to take issue with the above.

TH made a statement that ALL playbooks would be receiving BB10, he did this when the z10 was ready for release and the q10 was at carrier testing and BB10 had been in development for Two - count em TWO - plus years.

I fail to understand how anyone can defend TH position that BB10 just wasn't acceptable on the PB and that BBRY only just found this little nugget out in JUNE 2013, 6 months after the release of BB10 on the z10 and coincedentaly when BBRY probably exhausted all the PB WIFI inventory.

Sure business priorities change, but you don't string your loyal customers along with a promise of something to come, and then renege on that promise - and lets be clear here, he said 'WILL come to ALL playbooks' - no one forced him to say it, no one was holding a gun to his head, TH made the statement of his own volition.

Now for me BB10 is no longer a large concern, getting a few updates is, and this is important in this context - it's now July and a lot of people bought PB's at christmas and now find that for the final 6 months of their 1st year of ownership, their PB will get now more updates from BBRY.

If you can defend any of thist then you have some really thick rose coloured glasses.
    07-30-13 02:34 AM
    I'm fairly sure they realized it a lot sooner than the day they announced it. There's a reason why for months following the Z10s upgrade to 2GB of RAM that they didn't make any announcements, and only responded "we're still working on it" when pressured about it. They've been trying to get it working all this time and it just wasn't working. Eventually they had to give up and focus on more important things, especially with the Q1 earnings announcement coming up. The fact that they put off announcing no BB10 'til the absolute last possible minute tells how difficult it was to scrap the project, or they just would have announced it sooner.
    07-30-13 02:49 AM
    I'm fairly sure they realized it a lot sooner than the day they announced it. There's a reason why for months following the Z10s upgrade to 2GB of RAM that they didn't make any announcements, and only responded "we're still working on it" when pressured about it. They've been trying to get it working all this time and it just wasn't working. Eventually they had to give up and focus on more important things, especially with the Q1 earnings announcement coming up. The fact that they put off announcing no BB10 'til the absolute last possible minute tells how difficult it was to scrap the project, or they just would have announced it sooner.
    And coincidentally they'd still have not sold a lot of Playbooks. You have your suspicions, I tend to go with avarice. They wanted to clear $millions of dollars worth of (now) useless stock. Job done. Just agree the guy lied. The reasons why aren't important.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-30-13 02:58 AM
    Crap ... time to move on. I hope I can sell my two Playbooks instead of just throwing it away. Maybe I can donate to some institution in Africa or something.
    07-30-13 03:44 AM
    Crap ... time to move on. I hope I can sell my two Playbooks instead of just throwing it away. Maybe I can donate to some institution in Africa or something.
    But again this is the problem for me - there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the playbook, it still plays most video and music formats, the browser still works etc. It just needs a little refresh - working usb/otg, a better keyboard etc.

A few small updates and I guess most people would be happy.
    07-30-13 03:56 AM
    But again this is the problem for me - there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the playbook, it still plays most video and music formats, the browser still works etc. It just needs a little refresh - working usb/otg, a better keyboard etc.

A few small updates and I guess most people would be happy.
    I thought of it as serviceable as well -- Plex worked fine for videos/movies and I had the 64GB chock full of my music. But it was only after I presciently sold the little sucker and bought an Android tab that I realized how badly the browser and email sucked. Not to mention how many apps were suddenly available to me.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    07-30-13 08:02 AM
    ... Putting my playbook up for sale next week.
    ... Scrap your Playbooks people - BB doesn't care about it's loyal customers.
    You're selling yours but you want us to scrap ours?
    07-30-13 08:58 AM
    I will raise the point (yet again) that there were very likely BUSINESS ISSUES that were as difficult (or more) to resolve than the technical ones.

There are likely hundreds of other examples. Suffice to say, it wasn't just technical issues that got in the way here.
    I agree. The excuse BlackBerry gave was simplified and given to make them look less like idiots.
    I honestly don't blame BlackBerry for dropping BB10 development for the Playbook if it meant spending millions in development time to gain very little financially. But... using the excuse that BB10 on the Playbook would give the consumer an unsatisfactory experience is just another lie or at least not the whole truth.
    FF22 and dphjeff like this.
    07-30-13 09:26 AM
    Hundreds different BB10 builds for Z10/Q10 have been leaked. Many builds for Dev alphas.

Not a single PB BB10 leak.

Yet fanboys believe they were working on BB10 version for PlayBook for min 6 months.
    It just wasn't good enough at the end.

I've heard Elvis saw it.
    It was after his meeting with Yeti in Atlantis
    07-30-13 10:43 AM
    They never were working on BB10 on the playbook, they lied and said they were to drive up Blackberry 10 device sales on a fake promise of it coming to the playbook. After the devices were out in the market and selling somewhat, they did not need the wrote off playbooks anymore. The stock for them was written off long ago, why would they continue to invest into it? It makes NO sense they ever invested a dime into it, once it hit the fire sale phase.

All the accessories and playbooks were pretty much given away. I still find it funny how a retailer like Walmart is still asking $80 for the bluetooth keyboard that's been sitting there for months. Guess the missed the memo the PB is officially dead.

Guess they think everyone is stupid to believe their lies. Get a Nexus 7 2nd gen, at least it will do what it was suppose to out of box!

You can find the last of my crapbooks on ebay 16 and 32gb with charge pods. One(32gb) still has warranty for 4 months in original box with accessories one (16gb) just PB, charger, and charge pod..

Cheers..
    07-30-13 11:24 AM
    I'm not drinking Kool aid, nor am I a fan boy. I simply understand business, as I own and run a successful one, and it is truly getting tiring having to deal with people who have nothing to spew but venom. But I wish you luck.
    Um, how is it you "have to deal" with the others in the forum? Don't read, don't respond. Practice what you preach. Here you are complaining about people who are complaining? Seems...counter-productive.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-30-13 11:49 AM
    How is the BlackBerry-Aid? As good as the Kool-Aid? Wow...
    07-30-13 11:53 AM

But I wish you luck.

And I AM Santa.

Posted via CB10

Seriously....

Posted via CB10
    Now you want facts Santa? Make your mind. You believe Heins statement whitout the evidence of facts but you ask from others the opposite? That's great from the you... And i posted before why Heins statement seems very doubtful and you believe him and argue with others that after releasing an unfinished product with promises that it will get features it needed from the start and then after 2 years + of waiting not only BB10 is not coming but even the normal updates necessary aren't coming and BB forget that people even payed for those PlayBooks? You know that people believed Heins ( like you do know) and purchased PlayBook because of the promises? And with real money... Not with dream money.. Can you imagine that?
    If you have a business and you sell an unfinished product and promise your client you will finish it and it will be a quality product and then if you don't deliver wouldn't you expect to slammed by your client that payed for your product and waited for you to deliver your promises witch should be a finished quality product from the start. But he believed you and supported your business and buyed your product.. And after 2 years that's how you repay him? Good businessman you are... Serious and reliable...
    And after you don't deliver you hope to get away with that and not offer a serious and present facts why you couldn't deliver? Or offer something else in return for your client belief and loyalty? You just throw a RAM bull**** motive after 2 years and and hope customers are stupid enough to believe you and you will get away with it?
    And remember this is not a small business for just a few customers, it's a big world wide company with a reputation.. And reputation is important especially for big companies with millions of customers...
    So if you have a business and treat customers like Heins and BB did with the Playbook fiasco that means your customers are idiots to buy from you further...

So yes we are i.d.i.o.t.s that we buyed products , supported and believed in RIM / BB. But you are a bigger i.d.i.o.t to still believe in Heins non fact and very unlikely probable explanation..
    That's not how to treat your customers and offer a stupid explanation and hope your customers are stupid enough to still believe you and you will get away with it.. That's insulting to us customers and hope this treatment will hurt them in the future.

So no... You are not Santa.... You are Santa's blind fanboy that believes him whatever he says or treats you.. Some wake up and some don't.. If you like it keep doing it and be a supporter of Santa and still invest time and money in Santa's promises... Santa needs you to make money still
    07-30-13 12:02 PM
    Now you want facts Santa? Make your mind. You believe Heins statement whitout the evidence of facts but you ask from others the opposite? That's great from the you... ...
    We call these people spin doctors...

whatever they will say, thorsten heins deserves all this anathema. who sows the wind shall reap the whirlwind.
    07-30-13 12:10 PM
    Unintentional lie is still a lie.
    He might have unintentionally lied in January.

What happened in April, May, June?
    He unintentionally realised in the last week (day, hour) of June
    that he's actually making shifts in PB strategy?
    Give me a break.

Do you still believe in Santa ?
    Actually, a lie by definition HAS to be "intentional". You have to know you're actually not telling the truth at the time you say it. Otherwise it's a "mistake". Most of us have made those at one point or another.
    07-30-13 12:49 PM
    Actually, a lie by definition HAS to be "intentional". You have to know you're actually not telling the truth at the time you say it. Otherwise it's a "mistake". Most of us have made those at one point or another.
    Well, I'm not sure I'm with you on this one.

In the UK criminal law requires a state of mind for an act (mens rea) to go with the act itself (actus reus). Intention is not necessary for murder, for instance. Gross recklessness is enough. Other crimes have lower hurdles of mental state, like negligence (driving for instance).

I think it is very fair to say the CEO made a very reckless promise. Crackberry Kevin wrote an article several months ago saying BB10 would be way too slow on Playbook. Remember Thorstein has form in misleading - he said BB10 was rock solid and never rebooted. BelfastDispatcher said behind the scenes the people at RIM were saying it was not that stable at launch.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-30-13 01:13 PM
    Something interesting: a special BB10 development kit probably exists for PB because some apps like Pacemaker make use of the Cascades UI.
    Eh?
    07-30-13 01:16 PM
    They never were working on BB10 on the playbook, they lied and said they were to drive up Blackberry 10 device sales on a fake promise of it coming to the playbook.
    Dude, I know you're upset, but you need to stop passing off your personal conspiracy theories as though they're proven facts. People on this forum have seen BlackBerry 10 builds running on PlayBooks.

Unless you had a night job working for David Smith that we don't know about....
    07-30-13 01:18 PM
732 ... 2223242526 ...