I really don't buy their bull**** at all... The hardware of PlayBooks is very good good and competitive even know after 2 years... And I said before 1Gb of RAM is more than enough for a handheld device OS that does limited stuff. Don't say that its a complicated OS cause it is very limited. On 1 GB of RAM works an Windows OS with a lot of stuff on it on a computer . You just even compare the Windows OS with all its capabilities with PlayBook OS, or BB10 OS or any other handheld OS out there ( that are very limited in comparison ). An Windows Xp occupies in general 3 Gb of space, an Windows 7 occupies in general 11 Gb of space and they work with a 1GB of RAM. So a handheld OS (witch I repeat is very limited compared to a Windows OS) that ocuppies 135 Mb or a couple of hundred of Mb- can't work with 1 Gb of RAM because its too complex? That is bull**** and who believes it is a fool. Especially you BBRY fans that make excuses for BBRY whitout thinking and when its very clear that BBRY is guilty and they treat their customers like they are nothing.

Even lets believe that lie with RAM and that it's a heavy OS that doesn't work well on a tablet with 1Gb of RAM... Wouldn't it be in their interest to work on it and make it easy, to tweak it, so for the future products will work with a better OS and more lite?So their new devices could work much better and much easier and won't have problems in the future with more and more demanding applications?

Nothing on PlayBook OS or BB10 OS looks demanding and that excuse with RAM is for idiots.. Sorry.... And that's what they think of us....

So its your choice if you keep making excuses for their treatment when they don't care about you and think you are idiots that believe anything what they say... If you want to be fans to this company still after this treatment, then go ahead and support them still and invest all the money into them.
    Personally I think after waiting 2 years with an unfinished product and promises and now not only they don't accomplished their promises but they forget about this product for good, and that they have customers that believed them and invested money into their products, - I think they don't deserve loyal customers and that they deserve their fate... Hope they end up like Palm..Cause they don't deserve nothing more...( they sell themselves as time passes... Look at the example of BBM, it will exist on all devices but not on some of their own devices? )

My advice people... Forget about this company and move on to a more serious company cause in the end nobody cares about customers but some companies know how to satisfy their customers and keep them and as a result make a profit. So do whats best for you cause nobody cares about you, only their numbers, statistics, money. But some companies know what to do to keep their customers and some don't . And BB10 not only that doesn't know but it looks like they don't even want loyal customers...
    Thank you for posting what I was thinking while looking at tablets on the web. Most have 1GB of ram, which can still run a full blown computer. I am still following the forum, but will never buy a RIM/Blackberry product again. I don't like Apple, so I guess it is Android or Windows. The Nexus 7 that just came out looks promising.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-27-13 11:50 PM
    What kind of Video OUT does it support? HDMI? Other? None?
    Has slimport enabled which supports HDMI.

http://www.slimportconnect.com/

Another question is whether OTG is supported. Nexus Media Importer does not work with N4 which also has slimport. The NMI listing in the Play Store says the app will work with the new N7 model.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by jpash549; 07-28-13 at 01:00 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-28-13 12:47 AM
    Yet another Android device powered by silly green robots. The Android interface is horrible and so are the silly back and home buttons.

I'm waiting for a refreshing breath of fresh air from another vendor. And Windows 8 doesn't count either.

Are you hearing, BlackBerry? You have an opportunity here! Too bad you're too busy blowing it.
    07-28-13 01:20 AM
    Yet another Android device powered by silly green robots. The Android interface is horrible and so are the silly back and home buttons.

I'm waiting for a refreshing breath of fresh air from another vendor. And Windows 8 doesn't count either.

Are you hearing, BlackBerry? You have an opportunity here! Too bad you're too busy blowing it.

Let me reword that slightly

Are you hearing, BlackBerry? You have an opportunity here! Too bad you're too busy Killing it.

PS: "BlackBerry Inc", you may think people will forget the PlayBook and move on and by killing the PlayBook you saved a few bucks by cancelling the BB10 OS update the PlayBook was supposed to get but by canceling the update BlackBerry has turned a LARGE number of people who could have been BlackBerry's BEST SALESMEN AND PROMOTERS into persons who remember buying a PlayBook ONLY because it was supposed to get the BB10 OS which would have brought it CURRENT into a body of persons who will A: Be looking at other vendors products= Tablet and CellPhones, B: Will be warning potential customers to stay away from anything that has a "BlackBerry" label on it as BlackBerry is a company that goes back on their WORD.

In business you always have a PLAN B... It's been right at a month now that BlackBerry during a EARNINGS call very quietly announced killing off BB10 for the PlayBook.

Have we heard that PLAN B is to fix issues that have been plaguing the PlayBook since day 1?
    Any info about updating Adobe Air, the Android run-time, Making it easier to "SideLoad" Android apps, etc?

NO, total silence.

(Boy that's a long sentence)
    07-28-13 03:08 AM
    Wife is about to get my Playbook full time for BBC Iplayer use and I'll be snapping up a nexus 7 when they launch here in September.

Was keeping away from another 7" tab but the full hd display has swung it.

Playbook is the saddest bit of tech I have ever owned - so much potential and so little support. Still had a decent 18 months out of it but time to move on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    FF22, Revampd, flyingsolid and 2 others like this.
    07-28-13 03:17 AM

Don't suppose you have a link for a video that will actually play on Playbooks???

EDIT.... OK it's playing third attempt. Just need one where the geek is talking at a speed I can follow.
    07-28-13 03:31 AM

In business you always have a PLAN B... It's been right at a month now that BlackBerry during a EARNINGS call very quietly announced killing off BB10 for the PlayBook.
    What was their plan A?
    07-28-13 04:35 AM
    What was their plan A?
    No OS update for the playbook was plan A. BB 10 for playbook was plan B. Killing playbook was plan C. Keeping silence and let the company fall apart was plan D.
    FF22, dphjeff and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    07-28-13 06:19 AM
    Wife is about to get my Playbook full time for BBC Iplayer use and I'll be snapping up a nexus 7 when they launch here in September.

Was keeping away from another 7" tab but the full hd display has swung it.

Playbook is the saddest bit of tech I have ever owned - so much potential and so little support. Still had a decent 18 months out of it but time to move on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    I still use my Playbook and think it's great for some things (Mainly a great media player for travelling). But even the Nexus 7 version 1's display is much better than the Playbook. I bought one a few months ago, and it's a fantastic tablet. It's only shortcoming for my personal usage was the crappy speaker, and they fixed that with the new version. I might give the V1 to my girlfriend and get the new one.

Different strokes for different folks, but I also think vanilla Android is great. There are things I really like about both it and the Playbook OS. I prefer both to iOS at this point though.
    EAPENJJ and PFman like this.
    07-28-13 06:38 AM
    Has slimport enabled which supports HDMI.

SlimPort

Another question is whether OTG is supported. Nexus Media Importer does not work with N4 which also has slimport. The NMI listing in the Play Store says the app will work with the new N7 model.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Yet another "standard?" So it needs a small adapter? I guess that is the same thing as the Samsung note someone posted about.

As I just said when one of my gym instructors announced she is moving back to Canada - I HATE CHANGE!
    07-28-13 08:10 AM

And you are "blowing in the wind!" It is over other than the possible chance THE ROYAL HE comes out with his dumb tablet. But until he does folks are going to be switching to tablets that may be dead in five years but someone else has sold them a product that they want between NOW and FIVE YEARS. All lost sales and more than likely people who will also move their phones to that same OS.
    dphjeff and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    07-28-13 08:14 AM
    Blackberry is unable to make profit on Playbook so they are doing what any company would do... move back to their core business.

I bought my Playbook expecting a few years of usefulness... and I do not need my tablet and phone on the same OS.

People complain about Playbook yet most of us bought it when on fire sale for $100-200 which was under most equivalent tablets. It does what it needs to do.

And in 5 years you will be having hardware issues, broken USB ports, non-charging batteries, etc... I think the cost per year of usefulness is still good for Playbook, which can be used as...

- internet browser
    - video cam, pics
    - play lots of good games
    - media player with HDMI out
    - combined with bridge, a good option for powerpoint presentation
    - PDF reader, comic book reader
    - ebook reader
    - plus much more...

It was the best value for my needs at the time, with the installed OS it had... and did not expect any upgrade to BB10 to change my purchase decision.

I think people shouldn't have bought Playbooks thinking it would be updated to BB10 any time soon, if at all... Just like old iPad and iPhone can't be updated to the latest OS, and most Android tablets usually can't move up Android OS versions either.

Hardware limits upgrades.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    07-28-13 08:30 AM
    Actually, yes I do communicate...apologize...make amends...whatever it takes...lol...in the bb situation, I see a company under the gun, trying to desperately follow through until the end, but unable to put forward a quality product, so the direction changes.

This happens in business all the time...let's not forget,this company also has shareholders to report to...not just PB owners.

Give it a bit of time, and you'll see the wisdom of the decision. I'm certain of it.
    Yes but creating a lot of negative sentiment with some of your most loyal user base will cause to stop being advocates for the company, which in turn will likely hurt sales, and hurt the share holders. Happy customers likely means more sales which will translate into a higher stock price.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 09:36 AM
    No OS update for the playbook was plan A. BB 10 for playbook was plan B. Killing playbook was plan C. Keeping silence and let the company fall apart was plan D.
    Plan E
    Getting $$$$$ bonuses for a good job

07-28-13 10:39 AM
    And you are "blowing in the wind!" It is over other than the possible chance THE ROYAL HE comes out with his dumb tablet. But until he does folks are going to be switching to tablets that may be dead in five years but someone else has sold them a product that they want between NOW and FIVE YEARS. All lost sales and more than likely people who will also move their phones to that same OS.
    In a sense Google has come out with a dumb tablet which does not have a screen. They call it the Chromecast dongle. Use your TV for the display. The iFixit breakdown says it has 512MB RAM and 16 GB flash memory, wifi, bluetooth and a Marvell SOC processor. So a really dumb tablet does not even need a display. Of course what you can do now with the dongle is limited particularly from a mobile device, But this is only the beginning.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Chrom...ardown/16069/1
    07-28-13 10:42 AM
    In a sense Google has come out with a dumb tablet which does not have a screen. They call it the Chromecast dongle. Use your TV for the display. The iFixit breakdown says it has 512MB RAM and 16 GB flash memory, wifi, bluetooth and a Marvell SOC processor. So a really dumb tablet does not even need a display. Of course what you can do now with the dongle is limited particularly from a mobile device, But this is only the beginning.

Chromecast Teardown - iFixit
    So I or others now need a light weight 7 inch hdmi equipped tv that runs for 8-10 hours on battery.
    07-28-13 10:59 AM
    So I or others now need a light weight 7 inch hdmi equipped tv that runs for 8-10 hours on battery.
    You may have to make out with a six inch phablet until you get home or to your hotel. You might also get your TV but I'll have to check ln that.
    07-28-13 11:15 AM
    How many do you want?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/76...mobile_tv.html
    07-28-13 11:27 AM
    No apps
    No software updates

These TVs suck
    07-28-13 11:48 AM
    But in their defense: you know this beforehand. It's not as if someone promised you this is going to change...
    07-28-13 11:55 AM
    No apps
    No software updates

These TVs suck
    Do you have one? The PB has the apps. The TV is simply a monitor. A battery powered monitor with HDMI input would answer F2's question. Lilliput has plenty of small monitors with 7 inch screens, HDMI and 12 volt battery input . Not particularly light.
    07-28-13 12:34 PM
    Let me reword that slightly

Are you hearing, BlackBerry? You have an opportunity here! Too bad you're too busy Killing it.

PS: "BlackBerry Inc", you may think people will forget the PlayBook and move on and by killing the PlayBook you saved a few bucks by cancelling the BB10 OS update the PlayBook was supposed to get but by canceling the update BlackBerry has turned a LARGE number of people who could have been BlackBerry's BEST SALESMEN AND PROMOTERS into persons who remember buying a PlayBook ONLY because it was supposed to get the BB10 OS which would have brought it CURRENT into a body of persons who will A: Be looking at other vendors products= Tablet and CellPhones, B: Will be warning potential customers to stay away from anything that has a "BlackBerry" label on it as BlackBerry is a company that goes back on their WORD.

Have we heard that PLAN B is to fix issues that have been plaguing the PlayBook since day 1?
    Any info about updating Adobe Air, the Android run-time, Making it easier to "SideLoad" Android apps, etc?

NO, total silence.

(Boy that's a long sentence)
    Alec Saunders please read this post.

Posted via CB10
    lnichols likes this.
    07-28-13 12:38 PM
    Blackberry is unable to make profit on Playbook so they are doing what any company would do... move back to their core business.

I bought my Playbook expecting a few years of usefulness... and I do not need my tablet and phone on the same OS.

People complain about Playbook yet most of us bought it when on fire sale for $100-200 which was under most equivalent tablets. It does what it needs to do.

And in 5 years you will be having hardware issues, broken USB ports, non-charging batteries, etc... I think the cost per year of usefulness is still good for Playbook, which can be used as...

- internet browser
    - video cam, pics
    - play lots of good games
    - media player with HDMI out
    - combined with bridge, a good option for powerpoint presentation
    - PDF reader, comic book reader
    - ebook reader
    - plus much more...

It was the best value for my needs at the time, with the installed OS it had... and did not expect any upgrade to BB10 to change my purchase decision.

I think people shouldn't have bought Playbooks thinking it would be updated to BB10 any time soon, if at all... Just like old iPad and iPhone can't be updated to the latest OS, and most Android tablets usually can't move up Android OS versions either.

Hardware limits upgrades.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    What world do you live in? People like you I was talking about... You make excuses whatever will happen.. And doesn't matter how bad BB ****s up and how bad the situation is with BB you still make stupid excuses for anything... Do you really believe what you wrote? Did you read the posts until know? Do you know why people are demanding updates and what improvements are needed that have been from the beginning ? Do you know why people are unsatisfied with their current PlayBook OS?

I'm not even gonna discuss the capabilities you wrote because the most of them are wrong and its a lot to explain what a competitive tablet should do and what it was promised it would do... If you don't use the tablet so much and only have it around the house I could recommend you a cheaper tablet that does the same things and its released as a finished product and still has more apps than BB because it has the Android ecosystem ( OS +apps). And while being there don't you want also a phone that has Internet, office, pdf, games,makes calls, bluetooth, messages, emails and everything you need? I'll give it to you for free because i don't use it anymore, it's lying somewhere in the house and its dead to me but it works and does what it needs to do... But I forgot to mention that is 7-8-9 years old... At least this phone has an excuse for not be used and forgotten and it was a finished product at its release and it wasn't promised support in time and new capabilities to influence sales and after not deliver them...
    So if you want forgotten products that do basic stuff I could give you a product for free.... A 10 year old product... Not a 2 year one incomplete even after 2 years of its release with unfinished capabilities and poor ecosystem..

And to compare with Android and IOS like you said I'll give you an example of supported products. And those products weren't promised anything in the future like BB did....
    Examples: 1. Samsung Galaxy 2 witch was released in 2011, 2 years ago also like the Playbook and with similar hardware including the "limited" 1 GB RAM.. And guess what? It has the latest Android update. Surprise?
    Samsung Galaxy S II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    2. And the better example is IOS Iphone 3GS with only 256 RAM and it was released in 2009, that means 4 years old product with very very very little RAM and guess what? It has the latest update of IOS -> IOS 6. Most people even think this phone is ancient but still has the latest IOS version? That says enough? That shows how a serious company cares about their reputation and satisfaction of their clients?
    iPhone 3GS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So next time BB Fanboy pls document yourself better and don't defend BlackBerry blindingly because that doesn't help at all and shows how interested BB fanboys are in their products and in the competition to support quality and performance of the firm they support..
    If BB has fans that putt money in all their products blindingly indifferent of their quality or performance or support good for them. But I don't want to encourage that and I don't want to be fooled every time and being considered a fool who believes everything they say and invest blindingly money in their products indifferent how their products are and do...

How it's that saying ( it doesn't exist in my country but heard it somewhere )? : Fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me..(?)
    nova_8 likes this.
    07-28-13 02:08 PM
    Wow, that's quite a rant (and I actually do enjoy a good rant once in a while). But basically what you're saying is, he is not permitted to have an opinion and you obviously are? No matter how many "facts" you throw at the discussion, it's all about opinions in the end.
    Or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 07-28-13 at 02:29 PM.
    07-28-13 02:19 PM
    LOL that the conclusion you got from my text? I said he should document before defending BB. And before making excuses for BB he should search if the excuses are real or not, if they can or can't be backed up.

I'm not accusing him and want to atack him personally... But am tired of blinded excuses and blinded always supporting fanboys and wanted to open his eyes...

That makes sense?
    07-28-13 02:34 PM
732 ... 1920212223 ...