+1

So what do you do as the CEO if you found out soon after you stated all PlayBooks would get the BB10 OS .... more money or manpower was needed to make it happen (and they told you it was coming out of YOUR bonus check), OR if was found out the new OS is a ram hog a week later?

Simple, you keep your mouth shut- This accomplishes several things
    A: It allows you to sell off as much as the Dead PlayBook stock as possible.
    B: The more Dead stock sold, the better retailers feel about stocking your stuff.
    C: The longer you wait, the less impact it will make on BB10 OS powered device sales.
    D: The longer you wait, it allows all those "trouble tickets" to start piling up on the new OS (BB10 OS) which can be worked to your advantage, or be used as a reason for killing off the BB10 OS for the PlayBook.
    What a great CEO he is.
    Give him some applause.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-26-13 03:44 AM
    I really don't buy their bull**** at all... The hardware of PlayBooks is very good good and competitive even know after 2 years... And I said before 1Gb of RAM is more than enough for a handheld device OS that does limited stuff. Don't say that its a complicated OS cause it is very limited. On 1 GB of RAM works an Windows OS with a lot of stuff on it on a computer . You just even compare the Windows OS with all its capabilities with PlayBook OS, or BB10 OS or any other handheld OS out there ( that are very limited in comparison ). An Windows Xp occupies in general 3 Gb of space, an Windows 7 occupies in general 11 Gb of space and they work with a 1GB of RAM. So a handheld OS (witch I repeat is very limited compared to a Windows OS) that ocuppies 135 Mb or a couple of hundred of Mb- can't work with 1 Gb of RAM because its too complex? That is bull**** and who believes it is a fool. Especially you BBRY fans that make excuses for BBRY whitout thinking and when its very clear that BBRY is guilty and they treat their customers like they are nothing.

Even lets believe that lie with RAM and that it's a heavy OS that doesn't work well on a tablet with 1Gb of RAM... Wouldn't it be in their interest to work on it and make it easy, to tweak it, so for the future products will work with a better OS and more lite?So their new devices could work much better and much easier and won't have problems in the future with more and more demanding applications?

Nothing on PlayBook OS or BB10 OS looks demanding and that excuse with RAM is for idiots.. Sorry.... And that's what they think of us....

So its your choice if you keep making excuses for their treatment when they don't care about you and think you are idiots that believe anything what they say... If you want to be fans to this company still after this treatment, then go ahead and support them still and invest all the money into them.
    Personally I think after waiting 2 years with an unfinished product and promises and now not only they don't accomplished their promises but they forget about this product for good, and that they have customers that believed them and invested money into their products, - I think they don't deserve loyal customers and that they deserve their fate... Hope they end up like Palm..Cause they don't deserve nothing more...( they sell themselves as time passes... Look at the example of BBM, it will exist on all devices but not on some of their own devices? )

My advice people... Forget about this company and move on to a more serious company cause in the end nobody cares about customers but some companies know how to satisfy their customers and keep them and as a result make a profit. So do whats best for you cause nobody cares about you, only their numbers, statistics, money. But some companies know what to do to keep their customers and some don't . And BB10 not only that doesn't know but it looks like they don't even want loyal customers...
    07-26-13 04:03 AM
    Perfect, perfect, absolutely perfect!

I really don't buy their bull**** at all... The hardware of PlayBooks is very good good and competitive even know after 2 years... And I said before 1Gb of RAM is more than enough for a handheld device OS that does limited stuff. Don't say that its a complicated OS cause it is very limited. On 1 GB of RAM works an Windows OS with a lot of stuff on it on a computer . You just even compare the Windows OS with all its capabilities with PlayBook OS, or BB10 OS or any other handheld OS out there ( that are very limited in comparison ). An Windows Xp occupies in general 3 Gb of space, an Windows 7 occupies in general 11 Gb of space and they work with a 1GB of RAM. So a handheld OS (witch I repeat is very limited compared to a Windows OS) that ocuppies 135 Mb or a couple of hundred of Mb- can't work with 1 Gb of RAM because its too complex? That is bull**** and who believes it is a fool. Especially you BBRY fans that make excuses for BBRY whitout thinking and when its very clear that BBRY is guilty and they treat their customers like they are nothing.

Even lets believe that lie with RAM and that it's a heavy OS that doesn't work well on a tablet with 1Gb of RAM... Wouldn't it be in their interest to work on it and make it easy, to tweak it, so for the future products will work with a better OS and more lite?So their new devices could work much better and much easier and won't have problems in the future with more and more demanding applications?

Nothing on PlayBook OS or BB10 OS looks demanding and that excuse with RAM is for idiots.. Sorry.... And that's what they think of us....

So its your choice if you keep making excuses for their treatment when they don't care about you and think you are idiots that believe anything what they say... If you want to be fans to this company still after this treatment, then go ahead and support them still and invest all the money into them.
    Personally I think after waiting 2 years with an unfinished product and promises and now not only they don't accomplished their promises but they forget about this product for good, and that they have customers that believed them and invested money into their products, - I think they don't deserve loyal customers and that they deserve their fate... Hope they end up like Palm..Cause they don't deserve nothing more...( they sell themselves as time passes... Look at the example of BBM, it will exist on all devices but not on some of their own devices? )

My advice people... Forget about this company and move on to a more serious company cause in the end nobody cares about customers but some companies know how to satisfy their customers and keep them and as a result make a profit. So do whats best for you cause nobody cares about you, only their numbers, statistics, money. But some companies know what to do to keep their customers and some don't . And BB10 not only that doesn't know but it looks like they don't even want loyal customers...
    07-26-13 04:20 AM
    What a great CEO he is.
    Give him some applause.
    Indeed great in making loyal fans stupid. CB also supports them blindly on everything!
    07-26-13 04:24 AM
    CB also supports them blindly on everything!
    Of course. It's their job. They are payed for this.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-26-13 05:26 AM
    I really don't buy their bull**** at all...
    Yes, for all those who experienced the lightness of QNX a while ago, transforming it into a resource hog so demanding that it can absolutely not work under 1 Go seems very unlikely.

Either they lie, or they coded the thing with their feet. In both cases they are humiliated.
    07-26-13 06:04 AM
    Either they lie, or they coded the thing with their feet. In both cases they are humiliated.
    But if they did actually code it with their feet, that would be quite an achievement and one they should advertise... (sorry, couldn't resist)
    07-26-13 07:01 AM
    You really need to just let the PlayBook die! If you're bitter about it, then so be it.. don't buy another BlackBerry product if that's what makes you feel better about it all. But what's done is done and nothing anyone says or does is going to change that at this point.
    I don't think anyone is overly surprised that the Playbook is a dead product. All products run their course. I also own a Torch 9800 and am not surprised that the OS will not be updated.
    The difference is, BlackBerry didn't announce that they would bring BB10 to all Torch models like they did with the Playbook.
    The problem is the lie.
    Either BlackBerry lied on purpose to convince potential Z10 buyers of how committed BlackBerry is to the BB10 platform or the CEO of the company knew so little about his products that he thought he was telling the truth.
    It doesn't bother me that OS requirements have surpassed the existing hardware but it does concern me when the CEO doesn't know that. Neither the Playbook or the BB10 OS has changed significantly since January.
    Personally I don't fully believe the explanation of why BB10 development was discontinued for the Playbook. It is more likely that someone finally pointed out how financially unsound continued development for a dead product would be.
    Playbooks have been very difficult to find on store shelves long before the announcement of the Z10.

BB10 aside, the Playbook is still a viable product. Look at the OrigamiBrowser for and KalemSoft Media Player examples of how BlackBerry could have advanced the platform.

By the way, is this how BlackBerry is announcing end of life for products now? A tweet?
    Last edited by Angus_CB; 07-26-13 at 09:21 AM.
    FF22 and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    07-26-13 08:23 AM
    It would take few months for indie devs to put BB10 on PlayBook.

If there's a will there's a way.
    07-26-13 09:23 AM
    And who will do that... ? What will they gain for their work..? No that will never happen..

BB had to deliver... Or at least to give us the chance to use 3rd party apps from android. There, in android , are enough apps for almost everything. I don't need BB10 apps... There are very few apps in general at BB App World even for BB10. So I'm not nervous I won't get BB10 apps but at least deliver the promise with Android Apps and so the Playbook will have a much longer life if it depends on Android App diversity...

At least that's what I was expecting the most. A good tablet with the possibility of bringing all the apps you need from Android ( and there is everything you need and want to use )
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-26-13 10:13 AM
    B = bankruptcy

Nokia stopped Symbian^3 development years ago but they still release updates for even the first-generation devices. BBRY can't even fix simple Facebook status updates and fix the browser after two years on one device?!
    In 2010, I bought a Nokia smartphone running Symbian. The last update Nokia released for that phone anywhere in the world was in 2011. Even worse for me (maybe) was that my carrier (TMobile USA) wouldn't even provide the last two of these updates to its customers.

The reason I say "maybe" is that TMobile was using updates on other phones to take away their "free" tethering capabilities. I'm not sure this was legal in any or all cases, but that's what TMobile reportedly did with several phones.

I still tether my first Playbook to that Nokia device when necessary--at no extra charge to me. (I've not been able to tether my second Playbook--perhaps because I bought the second one after TMobile started changing its free tethering policies. I haven't brought this up with TMobile cuz I prefer tethering under the radar with the first Playbook.)
    07-26-13 10:41 AM
    I think some of you guys are living in a bubble. Is there any tablet maker out there at all who continues to support 2 year old tablets besides Apple? If not, then why expect BB to somehow be different?
    Considering this was supposed to be the "iPad Killer", Apple would be the most appropriate comparison.

I call *BACON*. Thus, your argument is invalid.
    07-26-13 11:07 AM
    My request is simple - BB just needs to open up whatever software - Playbook and BB10, that would allow one of Crackberry's obviously better coders than exist at BB, to create an emulator that would allow the Playbook to connect to BB10 phones and function as a large screen. Would give us the best of both worlds.
    07-26-13 11:12 AM

Latest stock price $8.82.....it looks like they don't even have loyal stock holders.....last one out the door please turn off the lights....
    07-26-13 11:22 AM
    BlackBerry PlayBook Getting No More Significant Updates, Confirms Alec Saunders-images1.jpg

"We will continue to be in the tablet market. Making money with a tablet is difficult. We will provide BlackBerry 10 software updates for all of the PlayBooks that are out there. So, the wifi and the 4G versions, they will all be upgraded to BlackBerry 10. "

BlackBerry PlayBook Getting No More Significant Updates, Confirms Alec Saunders-blackberry-playbook-update-1-.jpg
    07-26-13 11:25 AM
    I don't think anyone is overly surprised that the Playbook is a dead product. All products run their course. I also own a Torch 9800 and am not surprised that the OS will not be updated.
    The difference is, BlackBerry didn't announce that they would bring BB10 to all Torch models like they did with the Playbook.
    The problem is the lie.
    Either BlackBerry lied on purpose to convince potential Z10 buyers of how committed BlackBerry is to the BB10 platform or the CEO of the company knew so little about his products that he thought he was telling the truth.
    It doesn't bother me that OS requirements have surpassed the existing hardware but it does concern me when the CEO doesn't know that. Neither the Playbook or the BB10 OS has changed significantly since January.
    Personally I don't fully believe the explanation of why BB10 development was discontinued for the Playbook. It is more likely that someone finally pointed out how financially unsound continued development for a dead product would be.
    Playbooks have been very difficult to find on store shelves long before the announcement of the Z10.

BB10 aside, the Playbook is still a viable product. Look at the OrigamiBrowser for and KalemSoft Media Player examples of how BlackBerry could have advanced the platform.

By the way, is this how BlackBerry is announcing end of life for products now? A tweet?[
    Again, well said.

And of course, all professionally run corporations announce their demise, ahem, their product demise via twitter.
    07-26-13 02:43 PM
    In 2010, I bought a Nokia smartphone running Symbian. The last update Nokia released for that phone anywhere in the world was in 2011. Even worse for me (maybe) was that my carrier (TMobile USA) wouldn't even provide the last two of these updates to its customers.
    You probably have a C7 Astound? Nokia screwed North American customers with Symbian, unfortunately, because NAM variants of all their S^3 phones were the last to receive updates. Carriers are partly to blame because they didn't approve those updates but it's also because Nokia didn't have any North American marketshare by then.

You could flash a Euro variant to get the latest firmware. On my E7 and N8, I've been getting regular firmware updates up to 2012 and app updates and bug fixes until now.
    07-26-13 08:52 PM
    And who will do that... ? What will they gain for their work..? No that will never happen..

BB had to deliver... Or at least to give us the chance to use 3rd party apps from android. There, in android , are enough apps for almost everything. I don't need BB10 apps... There are very few apps in general at BB App World even for BB10. So I'm not nervous I won't get BB10 apps but at least deliver the promise with Android Apps and so the Playbook will have a much longer life if it depends on Android App diversity...

At least that's what I was expecting the most. A good tablet with the possibility of bringing all the apps you need from Android ( and there is everything you need and want to use )
    +1
    Update the Android runtime from 2.3 to 4.xx
    Simplify the Android side loading process.

If you want to "protect" BlackBerry App World" sales, "Add Value" to apps sold thru App World. (Gasp!)

*Add value= Hey you can get Android apps anywhere, but the apps on App World have been extensively tested, we certify they will run 110%.+ Additionally they are SECURE.... They have had all the data mining and tracking el-crap-ola stripped out of them. You can be ASSURED with any app you purchase thru BlackBerry App World your DATA and PERSONAL info is PRIVATE.

Add to this, we stand behind apps sold thru App World. If you are unhappy with the app for any reason we will do a No-hassle Double your money back refund.

Copyright 2013 WeAreNotAlone- Above ideas are not to used without compensation.
    07-27-13 01:35 AM
    +1
    Update the Android runtime from 2.3 to 4.xx
    Simplify the Android side loading process.

If you want to "protect" BlackBerry App World" sales, "Add Value" to apps sold thru App World. (Gasp!)

*Add value= Hey you can get Android apps anywhere, but the apps on App World have been extensively tested, we certify they will run 110%.+ Additionally they are SECURE.... They have had all the data mining and tracking el-crap-ola stripped out of them. You can be ASSURED with any app you purchase thru BlackBerry App World your DATA and PERSONAL info is PRIVATE.

Add to this, we stand behind apps sold thru App World. If you are unhappy with the app for any reason we will do a No-hassle Double your money back refund.

Copyright 2013 WeAreNotAlone- Above ideas are not to used without compensation.
    Don't worry - you will be "without compensation!"
    07-27-13 08:31 AM
    I was seriously considering a Z10, but every time I look at my PlayBook, I am reminded of BlackBerry's deception and/or utter incompetence. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

As of Wednesday, I'm thoroughly enjoying my iPhone 5.
    FF22, BB_Bmore and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    07-27-13 10:10 AM
    I was seriously considering a Z10, but every time I look at my PlayBook, I am reminded of BlackBerry's deception and/or utter incompetence. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

My fear - they won't be around to support it even if they decided not to support it like they did with the pb. (got that linguistic mess!)
    07-27-13 10:41 AM

It was too late for me to make this move. I bought the z10 a month before the announcement. But now I've stop buying apps and accessories for them until BlackBerry fixes this fiasco.

Posted from my ??????
    07-27-13 11:35 AM
    I'm off to get a Nexus 7, 2013 - it kicks the Playbooks behind and it has all the apps I need especially for my career - aviation.
    Had the Playbook for a year - never worked well for me and always had crappy apps and no BB 10 is disappointing. No Skype on the Playbook, No free voice guided navigation?

The Playbook hardware is incredible and packed with features but shame on BB for rubbish software development and useless marketing. They could have made this tablet really stand out in the 7" market but what did the geniuses do...kill it.

Thank you Thorsten Heins for making me realize BB is a sinking ship that nobody gives a rats *** about. Putting my playbook up for sale next week. Next I'm off to get rid of my BB 9900 and move to Android. Sick of the shortfalls and lack of apps every other platform offers the whole world. Haven't you guys noticed that nobody even bothers to say there is a BB version of an app these days..everything is Android or IOS.

I'm sick of side loading, writing to developers with issues and waiting for apps like Skype and now no BB 10. Go to Hell BB.

Scrap your Playbooks people - BB doesn't care about it's loyal customers.

For more on the features of the Nexus 7, 2013, click here . It's on sale for $250 in Canada, Best Buy Canada, Futureshop and Staples are all allowing pre-orders. You can get yours by next week. By Bye BB.
    bodjor, WeAreNotAlone and duty14 like this.
    07-27-13 10:11 PM
    Ok.. seriously. What would it take to develop a tablet to handle bb10???? More ram, faster processor???? Then DO IT!!!!!

Sent via CB10 from my KICK AZZ-Z10
    07-27-13 10:43 PM
    I'm off to get a Nexus 7, 2013 - it kicks the Playbooks behind and it has all the apps I need especially for my career - aviation.
    Had the Playbook for a year - never worked well for me and always had crappy apps and no BB 10 is disappointing. No Skype on the Playbook, No free voice guided navigation?

The Playbook hardware is incredible and packed with features but shame on BB for rubbish software development and useless marketing. They could have made this tablet really stand out in the 7" market but what did the geniuses do...kill it.

Thank you Thorsten Heins for making me realize BB is a sinking ship that nobody gives a rats *** about. Putting my playbook up for sale next week. Next I'm off to get rid of my BB 9900 and move to Android. Sick of the shortfalls and lack of apps every other platform offers the whole world. Haven't you guys noticed that nobody even bothers to say there is a BB version of an app these days..everything is Android or IOS.

I'm sick of side loading, writing to developers with issues and waiting for apps like Skype and now no BB 10. Go to Hell BB.

Scrap your Playbooks people - BB doesn't care about it's loyal customers.

For more on the features of the Nexus 7, 2013, click here . It's on sale for $250 in Canada, Best Buy Canada, Futureshop and Staples are all allowing pre-orders. You can get yours by next week. By Bye BB.
    What kind of Video OUT does it support? HDMI? Other? None?
    07-27-13 10:47 PM
732 ... 1819202122 ...