Hm, might be true, but here's how I see it, customers feedback.

Now, this might sound stupid to some, but all the frothing and gnashing of teeth could be considered as customers feedback, some pretty extreme, while most are tolerable.
    Agree with this

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 05:37 PM
    Good luck. Let us know if you get a response.

Have to wonder how much we're going to see RIM execs on here anyway.

People complain they aren't transparent, so Alec Saunders shows up and answers questions.

People complaint they don't cut to the chase, so Alec Saunders gives a "to the point answer".

Then folks like Kill9 insult him personally, calling him an "SOB" because they don't like Alec doing this.

Here's a hint: If we want RIM to be more open with our community, calling people a "son of a b*&%$" is not a good way to foster it.
    I called him an SOB because he played a pivotal role in the deception orchestrated by his boss, Thorsten Heins. Not because he said something I didn't like.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    blueberrymerry and Carl Estes like this.
    07-19-13 06:04 PM

If any BB execs came on here read the thread, they'll probably be traumatized.
    Good. Let them be traumatised.

07-19-13 06:09 PM
    I want something fantastic in return for their incompetence.
    07-20-13 05:43 AM
    I want something fantastic in return for their incompetence.
    At this point "something in return" would be "fantastic" in itself...
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-20-13 05:55 AM

Is that like being gelded?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-20-13 12:15 PM

A quick glance at their paycheck will get them relaxed
    Bor Navas likes this.
    07-20-13 01:04 PM
    IPad 2 came out the same year as the playbook and it's getting update to ios7

2 yrs old hardware shouldn't be an excuse.

Posted via CB10
    bodjor likes this.
    07-20-13 07:40 PM
    At this point "something in return" would be "fantastic" in itself...
    You have a point there!
    07-21-13 04:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can ios7 run iOs apps and android apps? BB10 is heavy on memory for a reason. Hub is loaded with all your emails, texts and anything(always running) android player I'm sure also takes a chunk.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-21-13 12:28 PM
    By the way everyone in this thread needs to download origami browser on BlackBerry World for their playbooks!!!!!!!

07-21-13 12:29 PM
    Can ios7 run iOs apps and android apps? BB10 is heavy on memory for a reason. Hub is loaded with all your emails, texts and anything(always running) android player I'm sure also takes a chunk.

Lol. It can run believe me... But of course ios7 won't want to downgrade themselfs and use applications from the competitors. And yes the emails make all the difference. So heavy are the emails and messages. OMG. Stop it. Stop defending blindly. Normal phones have emails and messages but they are not integrated in a ''hub'' format. Trust me or any developer that email, messages don't eat so much RAM as you think. Phones before the smartphones had very very little ram. With 1 GB of RAM on a computer with Windows OS you can do a lot of things... Emails would be very little to run on a computer... I had a 512 RAM on a computer and could do a lot of things... Then i upgraded it to 1 GB and it was more than enough for everything.. For what tablets use... trust me that 1 GB or ram is enough. The only inconvenience will be the applications as they will progress more and more and will occupy more memory. But that is in the future, because for now, applications are made for all tablets and require decent memory.
    07-21-13 01:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Interesting to see in the "final" release what features will be disabled on the load. As AI recall the original iPad is not supported.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-21-13 01:20 PM
    Lol. It can run believe me... But of course ios7 won't want to downgrade themselfs and use applications from the competitors. And yes the emails make all the difference. So heavy are the emails and messages. OMG. Stop it. Stop defending blindly. Normal phones have emails and messages but they are not integrated in a ''hub'' format. Trust me or any developer that email, messages don't eat so much RAM as you think. Phones before the smartphones had very very little ram. With 1 GB of RAM on a computer with Windows OS you can do a lot of things... Emails would be very little to run on a computer... I had a 512 RAM on a computer and could do a lot of things... Then i upgraded it to 1 GB and it was more than enough for everything.. For what tablets use... trust me that 1 GB or ram is enough. The only inconvenience will be the applications as they will progress more and more and will occupy more memory. But that is in the future, because for now, applications are made for all tablets and require decent memory.
    I'm not defending... I'm stating the reality... and the hub doesn't just contain emails... it's everything related with messaging, notifications, even third party apps. Bb10 dev devices ran on 1gb of ram but the experience wasn't good enough so they added 1gb for the final release of bb10 devices.

07-21-13 01:24 PM
    And I like how you said iOS could probably run android apps yet... you have nothing to back that statement up.

07-21-13 01:26 PM
    I called him an SOB because he played a pivotal role in the deception orchestrated by his boss, Thorsten Heins. Not because he said something I didn't like.

I don't think its such a bad thing that Alec got to convey to the powers that be that there are a lot of very pissed off people who were previously loyal users. Think that might light a fire under their asses?

Oh and pcshun fixed the browser problem for them: https://sites.google.com/site/origamibrowser/
    07-21-13 01:52 PM
    And I like how you said iOS could probably run android apps yet... you have nothing to back that statement up.

Have you read? I said.. And if you were a Apple user you would have understand...
    Apple is all about exclusives... They will force you use their products if you buy from them...
    They have their exclusives in everything. They do their own hardware, their own computers, monitors, laptops, ipads, iphones, ipods, all with their internal hardware ( ex: theirs special processors, their specail retina screens etc. ), their own mosuse, headphones, keyboards, their own software, OS, itunes, quicktime player, safari browser, their own cloud , tv streaming, their own office - iWork etc. etc.
    They have their own industry and their trademark is that they are exclusive.
    If you had been an Apple user im sure you would have noticed or annoyed by that. They are exclusive and closed to their stuff.
    So to recognize that the competition ( Android ) has more apps and you want to use apps from the competition you recognize that your brand is not so good... They will never do that...
    Apple is Apple... They will always try to be the best in everything and have their exclusives all the time.

This is enough now? Do you understand now? Its enough to back my statement?
    07-21-13 02:09 PM
    I don't think its such a bad thing that Alec got to convey to the powers that be that there are a lot of very pissed off people who were previously loyal users. Think that might light a fire under their asses?
    There's a difference between complaining and over the top histrionics...

When someone starts screaming at you, do you think that person is a little unstable or you do you think "This person must be a really passionate customer!"?
    07-21-13 02:32 PM
    When someone lies to you,
    Do you think he is a really passionate CEO,
    or just a p#$!%
    07-21-13 02:50 PM
    There's a difference between complaining and over the top histrionics...

When someone starts screaming at you, do you think that person is a little unstable or you do you think "This person must be a really passionate customer!"?
    I think that people become upset when they realize their new smartphones will never sync with their tablets when they were told that it would.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-21-13 03:18 PM
    I think that people become upset when they realize their new smartphones will never sync with their tablets when they were told that it would.
    And that's not even all.... Do you even realize what no support is from now on? No apps at all, no upgrades to necesary software ( adobe air, hmtl, flash etc. ), no what they promised ( android apps, BBM, bridge etc.) no nothing... your PB will be forgotten and you will too. It will be a support cup in your house.
    We all paid money for a forgotten tablet that was suppose to do many things and now it would do only one thing... occupy space in our appartments. If were lucky and inventive maybe we will find a use for it.. a cup support, a plate, toy for kids to play with it and wreck it etc.
    Or better yet keep it 20-30 years and sell it as a antique masterpiece, a piece of hardware not used only 2 years with a lot of promises and forgoten in history. Do you know how valuable it will be in the future. We can't sell it now (for nothing) so better leave it to your kids and when they will be 40 they will be able to sell it for good money.
    07-21-13 04:30 PM
    Thanks, those are both great examples of over the top histrionics

07-21-13 04:46 PM
    Whatever man... what makes you feel better.... go buy their products and act like nothing happen..
    If you let this go and forget it even happen than what makes you certain it won't happen in the future.
    I hope you give RIM a lot of money and get fooled like this every time
    07-21-13 05:14 PM
    An unsatisfied has to show why he is frustrated... It's normal when you pay for something and you were mislead to show your frustration or else they think its not a big problem and they can get away easy... and they will do it next time because they got away easy the last time.

If you like being treated like this every time then by all means tell the frustrated customers they exagerate... cause there is nothing to exagerate about wright? Its a little problem and we exagerate.

Hope it happens to you more than this time and then i will see you what you will do...
    07-21-13 05:30 PM
    Whatever man... what makes you feel better.... go buy their products and act like nothing happen..
    If you let this go and forget it even happen than what makes you certain it won't happen in the future.
    I hope you give RIM a lot of money and get fooled like this every time
    Duty14, the point here is that you are exaggerating which undermines the point you are trying to make. The PlayBook will continue to connect to the Internet and you can continue to surf the web in it, indefinitely. Insisting otherwise is, in a way, a lie. No one cares what liars want because generally people don't like liars.

The simple fact is PlayBook owners were promised something great, and the promise was broken, but no attempt was made to try to do SOMETHING , when it became apparent the promise could not be delivered in full. Instead of doing something that might have cost BlackBerry a few hundred thousand bucks, maybe up to a million, to compensate for breaking the promise, we suspect their attitude was "they're going to be upset, so why bother spending even a few hundred thousand bucks to make this right? Let's spend that money on something "more useful".

Why should I continue to believe that in the future, should BlackBerry do wrong by a constituency, shareholders, consumers, developers, whomever.... why should I trust that they will feel remorse enough to try to make amends?

I don't need to lie or exaggerate about their actions and subsequent inaction to make my point, and if you do, your position is weak and unworthy of serious consideration.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 07-22-13 at 08:49 AM.
    07-21-13 05:31 PM
732 ... 1516171819 ...