I don't get it. BlackBerry has 3 billion dollars in the bank and yet they can't invest 5-10 million dollars to fix some of the key issues with the playbook. This translates to $2-4 dollars per playbook customer.
    Something is not adding up here. Maybe they don't care about customer loyalty because they are positioning the company for a takeover.

Posted from my ??????
    FF22 and anon(4044683) like this.
    07-17-13 12:17 PM
    ...And some people just like to whine and complain like 5 year olds. GROW UP and except the fact that companies lie and deceive their customers to make more money every day.
    First, it's "accept". Second, just because that is the way it is does not make it right. Third, if we don't complain, the company does not know what to fix.

It's called constructive feedback.
    07-17-13 12:20 PM
    It Is What It Is!!!

The PB is still very comparable to many of the high-end tablets out there (minus the apps, of course). I get plenty of usage from my PB every day. I would like to see some sort of good will offering from BB, but the PB is a solid device and I plan to ride it until the wheels fall off.
    dphjeff likes this.
    07-17-13 12:30 PM
    Lie is a very strong word to use. Did BlackBerry have intentions of bringing BB10 to the PlayBook yes. Were they ultimately able to? No. This does not constitute a lie, rather a failure in their engineering teams and a failure to communicate this to their customers. Should they and could they have handled it better? Yes absolutely.
    So, if I tell you - you WILL be getting blackberry pie for dessert, then I give you an empty plate, I haven't lied?

Wow. We are in a world without ethics...
    JeepBB, OMGitworks and bodjor like this.
    07-17-13 12:30 PM
    Mr. Heins was the coo under the previous "management team" . So, he was a key player under the old administration...not much has changed with blackberry/rimm. I purchased a playbook due to his comments that a software upgrade would be available..
    tekware, FF22, ssbtech and 1 others like this.
    07-17-13 12:39 PM
    In my case, I understand but I hate it all the same.

As an shareholder, I still think they may have underestimated the value that the little number of people who bought in on the playbook were early adopters, die-hard fans that are an important part of any successful turnaround story, like it or not.

I own four playbooks, two Z10 and two 9800 on top of buying shares.. maybe I overdid it, but then again, maybe I didn't. I still get some enjoyment from my Playbook.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-17-13 12:42 PM
    Don't know why this BB story sounds similar to Palm and their webOs software... And look what it has become with Palm and their webOs.... They have even now fanboys and people who hope.. and for what?

Ok i get it... let's say that they had good intentions but were shocked that Playbook couldn't handle BB10 OS because it only has 1 Gb. OK let's say we buy that.
    But after 2 years of expecting to get a better product and services like they promised.... now they tell us they won't even support the PB at all with nothing? No patches, no updates, no apps, no support... That is outrageous for me and shameless for a company that promised quality and care for their customers...

Shame on you BB...
    P.S. If we don't say anything probably they think that they can get away easy... We at least have to let them know if we care about BB that this is unacceptable and their customers are unhappy. ( and who knows - People also raged after this years E3 about the Microsoft Xbox One policies and after those many complaints , they changed their policies.-maybe we have a voice and maybe we can change something...- better than doing nothing and accept their mockery or false promises or whatever you want to call it.. and smile and say to our selfs that's the way it is , we don't count, thanks RIM for 2 great years and your beautiful product and software ).
    FF22, bodjor and anon(4044683) like this.
    07-17-13 12:55 PM
    Just to let everyone know, we're taking the Playbook issue one step further - from venting your frustration and disappointment into getting something accomplished. Some of you contacted me directly to ask what YOU can do. Others have been venting on the forums every other minute for days. Well, here's our chance to actually make an impact and attempt to convince Blackberry to issue a Playbook update that brings our tablets back to life.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thread-829470/
    RubberChicken76 and jfguay2 like this.
    07-17-13 12:57 PM
    But after 2 years of expecting to get a better product and services like they promised....
    They did make updates to the OS over those two years. At least ten, including a major one last year. And they released a faster product later summer. It's not like the people who bought PlayBooks in April 2011 are still running PlayBook OS 1.0 with no improvements.
    now they tell us they won't even support the PB at all with nothing? No patches, no updates, no apps, no support.
    Except they didn't say "no patches", "no support" etc.

I get people are frustrated, but exaggerating is silly.
    neefer likes this.
    07-17-13 01:07 PM
    not much has changed with blackberry/rimm.
    Yeah - he only gutted the entire executive management team pretty much. Same old players otherwise. ;-)

I purchased a playbook due to his comments that a software upgrade would be available..
    What were you expecting you would get as a result of the software upgrade, other than having a software update?
    07-17-13 01:08 PM
    So, if I tell you - you WILL be getting blackberry pie for dessert, then I give you an empty plate, I haven't lied?

It is more akin to this.

You tell me I am getting BlackBerry pie for dessert (All PlayBooks will get BB10)
    You burn the pie horribly while cooking it and decide it cannot be served in such a fashion (BB10 does NOT run anywhere close to well on the PlayBooks)
    You tell me that you cannot offer me BlackBerry pie (Killing BB10 development for PlayBooks)

You did not lie, circumstances changed. It was not your intention to go back on what you said, there was no malice of forethought. It is not an ethical dilemma at all.
    07-17-13 01:15 PM
    Just to let everyone know, we're taking the Playbook issue one step further - from venting your frustration and disappointment into getting something accomplished. Some of you contacted me directly to ask what YOU can do. Others have been venting on the forums every other minute for days. Well, here's our chance to actually make an impact and attempt to convince Blackberry to issue a Playbook update that brings our tablets back to life.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thread-829470/
    Victor - this is a terrific initiative! Admire you passion here!
    flyingsolid and anon(4044683) like this.
    07-17-13 01:22 PM
    This thread is clearly off of the rails. You guys need to keep the insults, flaming, trolling, name calling, etc out of it. MANY posts have been removed already, lets not keep that trend up shall we?

As for the PlayBook, if you have legal recourse in your area, and justification, why not take that route? It would be a hard sell on that I am sure, but if you are truly upset, there are ways (other than making ridiculous posts) to address that. I am not saying you do not have a right to vent, but what I am saying is you need to follow forum rules and policy. Consider this a warning.
    What is the forum rule against 'ridiculous posts'? Who gets to decide that?

If there are no insults or name calling in any post, kindly refrain from deleting them because YOU find them ridiculous.

Nobody's gonna have the stomach for a bitter legal battle over a tablet.
    07-17-13 01:24 PM
    It is more akin to this.

You tell me I am getting BlackBerry pie for dessert (All PlayBooks will get BB10)
    You burn the pie horribly while cooking it and decide it cannot be served in such a fashion (BB10 does NOT run anywhere close to well on the PlayBooks)
    You tell me that you cannot offer me BlackBerry pie (Killing BB10 development for PlayBooks)

You did not lie, circumstances changed. It was not your intention to go back on what you said, there was no malice of forethought. It is not an ethical dilemma at all.
    Well than offer me cherry pie (OS updates for the PlayBook). Sorry I dropped it on the floor and stepped in it (Thor).
    Here have a piece of peach pie ( Z10,Q10,Q5). Its better (Thor).
    But I would like a piece of berry pie.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-17-13 01:27 PM
    If you tell me that I WILL be getting blackberry pie for dessert, you sent your staff to the grocery store to buy supplies for blackberry pie, they were currently in the kitchen sifting flower and cracking eggs at the time you told me about your plans for blackberry pie, and based on that knowledge you fully intended to give me blackberry pie for dessert -- but then when you took it out of the oven it fell on the floor leaving you the choice of giving me Floor Pie, or No Pie... and so decide that floor pie would not be the best plan, especially since you're attempting to maintain your reputation as a baker, thus you choose to give me No Pie because you don't want me getting on the internet and tell everyone what a horrible baker you are while bashing you for the crap-a$$ Floor Pie you served me -- are you a liar?

Grow the bleep up, people.

I have a PB too. I paid full retail price for the 64GB version. I fully expected BB10 to come to the PB. I eagerly awaited the Q10, and also bought BB stock based on my experience with and love of the PB.

But BB did NOT "lie" to me, or any of you egocentric crybabies.

The next person who claims BB "lied" about BB10 on the PB had better accompany their post with details about their vast career experience in software and hardware development lifecycles.

Every time you cry "lie, lie, lie" you just sound like a bunch of ignorant children who (a) have yet to grow up enough to fully grasp proper usage of the English language, and (b) have zero clue about how the real world works.

If anyone needs proof that BB is no longer "just for business users", all they need to do is read any recent PB thread on CB for the vast amount of proof that there are plenty of people with no business sense using BB products.

lie
    noun
    1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
    2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression

verb (used without object)
    1. to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive. Synonyms: prevaricate, fib.
    2. to express what is false; convey a false impression.

So please, for the love of gawd, show me exactly where BB intentionally made a false statement with deliberate intent to deceive. And, as they say, "video, or it never happened". If you can't produce such proof, then pick a new word. Because "lie" is the wrong one.

They had plans, they made their best efforts, and came to the difficult conclusion that it was a futile pursuit given their current resources and overall corporate roadmap -- and then they TOLD us soon after making that business decision.

That does not a "lie" make.

So find a new horse to beat. This one died weeks ago, and continuing to beat it just makes you look foolish.
    07-17-13 01:28 PM

Only if you intended not to give him a pie.
    You kept telling him all morning and afternoon that the pie is coming, almost ready and smells great.

Tea time and you tell him the cooker was too small so desert has been cancelled.

How could you know?
    You have never been to your kitchen before.
    07-17-13 01:33 PM
    Total crap. Apple is updating to iOS7 devices all the way back to the iPhone 4 and iPad2. The iPad2 has 512MB of RAM!

This is a choice by BlackBerry.... they could have given us a decent tablet update, but chose not to.
    07-17-13 01:33 PM
    Total crap. Apple is updating to iOS7 devices all the way back to the iPhone 4 and iPad2. The iPad2 has 512MB of RAM!

This is a choice by BlackBerry.... they could have given us a decent tablet update, but chose not to.

For sure. if time and money and resources were unlimited, we'd probably have it too.

But alas, they are.
    neefer likes this.
    07-17-13 01:51 PM
    So find a new horse to beat. This one died weeks ago, and continuing to beat it just makes you look foolish.
    You omitted one definition of the word lie from your insulting, condescending rant:

noun
    3. an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.

If Thorsten Heins was not 100% certain that BB10 would be coming to the PlayBook when he stated that it would, he made an inaccurate or false statement, which by definition is a lie.

If he was led to believe that BB10 would be coming to the PlayBook, then he was lied to and perpetuated that lie without knowing it.

If BlackBerry didn't lie, as you claim, then they are utterly incompetent. I'm not sure that explanation is any more desirable.
    07-17-13 01:58 PM
    Hey it's not all about BB10. The title is about not providing updates in the future for the current OS.

Let's say we get it. It couldn't be done : BB10 doesn't work on PlayBook. Ok. How do we know. If they say it doesn't work than who are we to say otherwise?

I was very disappointed when I heard the news but didn't comment on that. In time I will accept that my PlayBook won't have BB10 OS on it. Fine...

But now they are saying they won't support the current OS either? That implies the concept that PlayBooks are left to die. No updates means it's left in this state that PlayBook it is now. And now is an unfinished product. A product that was promised a great future and didn't deliver. And more than that you will have to deal in the future with what you've got on your PlayBook because next apps will be BB10 apps, and even those apps we have now on PB won't be supported by developers in the future because they will focus on BB10 apps counterparts and other platforms they have their apps on..

So you will have a product that is forgotten by all and will do just basic stuff on it and you think our waiting and hope for a better promised product and you don't think we have the right be disappointed and frustrated and that we need to grow up?
    dphjeff likes this.
    07-17-13 02:09 PM

Blackberry OS 10.x no! Forget about it!
    Blackberry OS 2.x no updates! Forget about it!
    Move on people. There is more to life than w@nking about it.
    RIM/Blackberry forget about! this is my free advice. take it. or throw it down the drain.
    Trust and faith on RIM/Blackberry? Forget about it! Buncha absolute 100% BS.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-17-13 02:10 PM
    There is this really good book that really addresses so many of the issues discussed in this thread and on this forum:

BlackBerry PlayBook Getting No More Significant Updates, Confirms Alec Saunders-who-move-my-cheese.jpg
    neefer likes this.
    07-17-13 02:20 PM
    There is saying "what goes around comes around"

In time Herr Thor will want us PB owners back, but we will remember how we were treated.

Interestingly, these are words from an Alicia Keys song. By the time these lyrics come true, Alicia, like us will also be gone and not long after so will Herr Thor.

What goes around, comes around
    What goes up, must come down
    Now who's cryin, desirin' to come back to me
    What goes around, comes around
    What goes up, must come down
    Now who's cryin, desirin' to come back
    07-17-13 02:24 PM
    What is the forum rule against 'ridiculous posts'? Who gets to decide that?

If there are no insults or name calling in any post, kindly refrain from deleting them because YOU find them ridiculous.

Nobody's gonna have the stomach for a bitter legal battle over a tablet.
    Posts are deleted when there is cause to delete them. The ridiculous posts comment is regarding petty bickering between the two or more sides. Nearly the entirety of those posts are intact. Also there is much that goes in behind the scenes that you are not aware of. This is a large and diverse community, and what may bother you may not bother someone else, or vice versa. As mods we have to take all that in to account. If you look back the majority of PlayBook forum posts have gone very down hill recently. And I have stated multiple times, people have a right to vent within the community guidelines.

And I also said if you feel you have legal recourse by all means go for it. If you don't have the stomach for a legal battle I am unsure what you want to happen here. Either you are angry enough to do something about it, or you join others here with similar ideas and collectively vent your frustration. But there are limits.

All that being said, back to your regularly scheduled posting/venting.

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff and OMGitworks like this.
    07-17-13 02:39 PM
    That video has another use:

When BlackBerry will release future products I will say: '' Forget about it '' !!!
    07-17-13 02:41 PM
732 ... 7891011 ...