...And some people just like to whine and complain like 5 year olds. GROW UP and except the fact that companies lie and deceive their customers to make more money every day.
    Don't tell me to accept evil.

I feel sorry for people who think
    lies and deception should be accepted.

I feel even more sorry for people who
    feel it's appriopriate to defend liers and deceivers.

Just because murders for money do happen every day and murderers exist I will not accept it nor will I understand their apologists .

It may be naive but 5 or 105 year old I will not accept it.
    07-17-13 06:59 AM
    Yes companies lie sometimes about details of their products or don't mention about some stuff. But could you imagine IF APPLE promise a thing and not keep their promise? They will lose a good bunch of customers and public confidence... Big Companies can't afford to lie like small ones because there are lot of people involved compared to small companies where their little customers can't make such a big fuzz about it.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-17-13 07:11 AM
    Yes, it sucks, but if it was a poor user experience, and they lost money on it, why would they spend resources on it? Every company operates in this manner. Shareholders come first. Apple does it, MS does it, they all do it.

Can you imagine if they released it? Likely continue to perpetuate the image that BlackBerry can't make good devices anymore. It wouldn't lead to new sales.

They say 3-4 is the avg life span of a electronic device. It's approaching its end either way.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 07:12 AM
    Not owning a z or q10, I dont browse their respective forums, however, I wonder how many of them are 'bithcing' and 'moaning' about features that have been promised and not yet delivered - I'm primarily thinking about the android 4.x runtime.

I also wonder how many of them are being unreasonable to want these features ?? and how much stick they getting for asking for promised stuff for what is 'old' technology.
    Ragwan and playbook_swiper1 like this.
    07-17-13 07:21 AM
    A pity. I'm done with Blackberry.
    07-17-13 07:21 AM
    Yes, it sucks, but if it was a poor user experience, and they lost money on it, why would they spend resources on it? Every company operates in this manner. Shareholders come first. Apple does it, MS does it, they all do it.

Can you imagine if they released it? Likely continue to perpetuate the image that BlackBerry can't make good devices anymore. It wouldn't lead to new sales.

They say 3-4 is the avg life span of a electronic device. It's approaching its end either way.

Posted via CB10
    This is true, but they could at least fix the existing problems that they've known about for ages - and turn on the USB port properly.

That would cost little and provide an olive branch to the PB community.

Who knows, it may even push PB owners to purchase BBRY products in the future, but i'm and ex-customer, so what do I know
    07-17-13 07:24 AM
    I'd also like to chip in that high street chains were still selling the PB up until march of this year, and whilst the price was much reduced from BBRY's ridiculous original overpricing, it was in line with similar tablets on the stands.

Many people bought these tablets ( as can be seen from BBRY's figures ) and I don't think they would have if they'd realised that the tablet wouldn't be supported 3 to 6 months later.

By all means support BBRY all you like but stop peddling the lie that this was good business, and harsh realities drove this.
    I'm not a lawyer and this is untested, but ISTM several officers of BlackBerry/RIM may be guilty of crime. Here in UK I suspect they may find it difficult to defend against a case brought under Fraud Act, 2006. It is almost beyond doubt that they lied, and/or failed to disclose project cancellation in a timely manner. A UK resident buying product or shares on the basis of the statements now demonstrated to be false would have a valid complaint to police if those who made the misleading statements are ever stupid enough to put their lying rumps within the scope of a European Arrest Warrant. (Similar laws probably apply in other jurisdictions)
    07-17-13 07:26 AM
    If they would just tweak the bridge a lot of us would be happy. I don't think it predicts doom. It shows a company is trying to focus and do one thing well. There's always the possibility they try again, but for now they are a phone, communications, enterprise company. The same thing that made their name in the past. Anyways, Go Blackberry and throw us a bone on the Bridge.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-17-13 07:34 AM
    this is why i left blackberry. for good.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-17-13 07:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    The problem is they haven't released a finish product from the start and promised to give the full experience to the consumers in time. And we waited 1 year for a calendar and email? They released a alpha-test tablet with promises into the future and after we waited so long, now they are shutting down? So NO. This electronic device isn't just even released properly, even now, and it wasted our patience and confidence. In all this time I could have used a better product, a finished product with more features and apps. SO THAT'S NOT OK HOWEVER YOU PUT IT. If i knew this will happen i would have sold this tablet at least a year ago, put some more money and buy a Apple Tablet with great user experience and support, and they care about their customer satisfaction. Now what could i do with this dead tablet? Sell it? No. Throw it? What? It's incomplete with very very little apps and usable apps and it won't get support in the future. ITS DEAD. Waste of money, time, and false hopes.
    Robert Roger and bodjor like this.
    07-17-13 07:41 AM
    I'm not a lawyer and this is untested, but ISTM several officers of BlackBerry/RIM may be guilty of crime. Here in UK I suspect they may find it difficult to defend against a case brought under Fraud Act, 2006. It is almost beyond doubt that they lied, and/or failed to disclose project cancellation in a timely manner. A UK resident buying product or shares on the basis of the statements now demonstrated to be false would have a valid complaint to police if those who made the misleading statements are ever stupid enough to put their lying rumps within the scope of a European Arrest Warrant. (Similar laws probably apply in other jurisdictions)
    Other than articles in tech mags, I did not see any BlackBerry point of sale material that said it would be upgraded to bb10.

Sorry but move on. I still use my PB if I want to type on a bigger screen. And I can blue tooth my PB Keyboard to my z10. All have their utility.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 07:51 AM
    Other than articles in tech mags, I did not see any BlackBerry point of sale material that said it would be upgraded to bb10.

Sorry but move on. I still use my PB if I want to type on a bigger screen. And I can blue tooth my PB Keyboard to my z10. All have their utility.

Posted via CB10
    Lol if you are happy with that, good for you. But I want to use my playbook more than to write on a bigger screen. I want to use in many situations like we were promised...
    I'll bet you will also buy in max 1-2 years another tablet and forget about this one even if you use it to type with your screen or your keyboard. Maybe you will want more than that as technology progresses and softwares and apps diversificate... Maybe a skype to talk with somebody? Maybe you want to watch a movie on popular movie streaming apps? Maybe read magazines from famous publications on your tablet? Maybe a office app that's better for writing and editing? Maybe app for learning? Or who knows what apps you will use in different purposes.... PB for sure will not have them...... That's ''confirmed''
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-17-13 08:18 AM
    Get over it already. no amount of crying is going to change anything. whats done is done and it will never change. Just be grateful they didnt release a new pb a month or two after launch like apple does to its customers.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    07-17-13 08:19 AM
    Wow, talk about escalation. Seriously, why all the name calling. So people are rather unhappy with all that have went on, and they will be vocal about it, it's their rights, so don't go belittling them, likewise for those who still believe in BB.

Of course, this being the Internet, anyone can be brave and put down another's right to speak out, so what I said probably will fall online eyes, so to speak.

Ah well, I guess the crackberrian on crackberrian verbal assault will continue no matter what..
    1) There'a a reason why people do complain
    2) You can get over this reason or not

...but why the hell do you and others need to post in such threads as this...telling us we should get over and don't go against BBRY?

I see no other logic than "fanboys wanting to live in their fanboy world"...and then you come and ask why people get mad against each other? I do not care if you and many others are happy with BBRY and their
    - lousy support
    - false promises
    - cheap excuses and
    - bad PR
    So please just keep silent and let others complain. No one forced me to stick to BBRY and follow their company propaganda when I bough their products - if you do so, then it's your own problem!
    07-17-13 08:23 AM
    This thread is clearly off of the rails. You guys need to keep the insults, flaming, trolling, name calling, etc out of it. MANY posts have been removed already, lets not keep that trend up shall we?

As for the PlayBook, if you have legal recourse in your area, and justification, why not take that route? It would be a hard sell on that I am sure, but if you are truly upset, there are ways (other than making ridiculous posts) to address that. I am not saying you do not have a right to vent, but what I am saying is you need to follow forum rules and policy. Consider this a warning.
    07-17-13 08:25 AM
    Get over it already. no amount of crying is going to change anything. whats done is done and it will never change. Just be grateful they didnt release a new pb a month or two after launch like apple does to its customers.
    Its my right and i use it... And not only me.... As can you see... I won't cry all the time.. I only ''cry'' now because now i was announced of this disappointment and i feel betrayed. In the end i will get over it and BUY a Ipad, or Samsung tablet. And will never buy a BB product and would recommend people to not buy hopes from a certain company.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-17-13 08:32 AM

Company CEO making repeated statements live on national TV isn't good enough ?
    07-17-13 08:43 AM
    after it was announced that BB10 would becoming to the PlayBook,
    then you got a great tablet. you were lied to

Fixed it for you

Some people just like to be deceived
    Some people just like to be butthurt. As Bla1ze pointed out....the PB is dead to BBRY. Am i angry and disappointed? Sure....I have 4 PlayBooks in my house so why wouldn't I be.....but what is trashing them in a tech blog going to get you? Exactly...nothing.

-Sent by my QNX powered 64 GB PlayBook that has just as much utility today as it did prior to the "No BB10" announcement
    07-17-13 08:56 AM
    You really need to just let the PlayBook die! If you're bitter about it, then so be it.. don't buy another BlackBerry product if that's what makes you feel better about it all. But what's done is done and nothing anyone says or does is going to change that at this point.
    Well the last time I checked, the PlayBook is still a BlackBerry product. So I can see why people are still upset especially if they still like the company. That being said, if all of us PlayBook owners should just let it "die", why does this site even bother still having a PlayBook forum? Maybe CrackBerry should follow it's own advice? /:

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 09:06 AM
    I really wonder how many IT Departments got burned buying PlayBooks... that are right now trying to decided if they want to go with BB10??
    07-17-13 09:07 AM
    If you're bitter about it, then so be it.. don't buy another BlackBerry product if that's what makes you feel better about it all. But what's done is done and nothing anyone says or does is going to change that at this point.
    That's exactly what I intend to do. BlackBerry has convinced a reasonably long time BlackBerry user (8900, 9900, 64GB PlayBook), supporter, office guru, and zero commission recommend-er, to say enough is enough. They strung me along for 2 years on my PlayBook and I convinced more than a few to enter the BlackBerry world. In previous posts, before the murder of PlayBook, I stated quite clearly that we did not need BB10 on it. We simply needed a browser update, the BB10 keyboard, updated Android engine, and Cascades so it could run BB10 apps. PlayBook users never needed the Hub. I am absolutely convinced that these updates are possible, and since we were CONTINUALLY told we would be getting an update to full BB10, they are still expected.

If I had told you two years ago, a year ago, or even six months ago, that you would see BBM on iPhones and Androids before you saw it on your PlayBook, I would have been laughed off the forums. BlackBerry should be hiding their heads in shame. A complete and total fail.

Is the Z10 a good phone? Yes. Will I be recommending it to anyone? No. Will I be getting one next month when my two years is up on my 9900? Not any longer.
    07-17-13 09:08 AM
    Lol if you are happy with that, good for you. But I want to use my playbook more than to write on a bigger screen. I want to use in many situations like we were promised...
    I'll bet you will also buy in max 1-2 years another tablet and forget about this one even if you use it to type with your screen or your keyboard. Maybe you will want more than that as technology progresses and softwares and apps diversificate... Maybe a skype to talk with somebody? Maybe you want to watch a movie on popular movie streaming apps? You mean like with Crackle, Flixster, or Amazon Prime like I do today? Maybe read magazines from famous publications on your tablet? You mean with the Zinio and PressReader apps...like I do today? Maybe a office app that's better for writing and editing? You mean like the SmartOffice 2 app that I use today? Maybe app for learning? Or who knows what apps you will use in different purposes.... PB for sure will not have them...... That's ''confirmed''
    07-17-13 09:09 AM
    Lie is a very strong word to use. Did BlackBerry have intentions of bringing BB10 to the PlayBook yes. Were they ultimately able to? No. This does not constitute a lie, rather a failure in their engineering teams and a failure to communicate this to their customers. Should they and could they have handled it better? Yes absolutely.
    07-17-13 09:11 AM
    Sorry but move on.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you're giving legal advice.

In what jurisdiction(s) have you established competence in the areas of corporate or similar fraud, potential corporate or similar fraud, and the remedies (including monetary damages) available to plaintiffs who can prove injury?

My guess is that the answer to the jurisdictions questions is ZERO.

If that is the case, the value of your advice to "move on" merits another ZERO.
    07-17-13 09:16 AM
    Lie is a very strong word to use. Did BlackBerry have intentions of bringing BB10 to the PlayBook yes. Were they ultimately able to? No. This does not constitute a lie, rather a failure in their engineering teams and a failure to communicate this to their customers. Should they and could they have handled it better? Yes absolutely.
    I agree 110 percent. BBRY/TH saying they were going to bring BB10 to the PB without actually having any intent to do so is a lie. Them saying they were and then deciding not to because of member experience, etc. is not. I get why people are frustrated because I'm frustrated as well....but lets be real about the situation. Plus, do people complain to Microsoft when they buy a laptop and in a year, it isn't compatible with the newest Windows OS? SMDH
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-17-13 09:17 AM
732 ... 56789 ...