Very Good what you wrote....We need more people like you.
    I'm. Totally agree with you.
    What's wrong with you people??? Stop defending a LYING COMPANY and a slowly dying one!!! Hope i am wrong but all signs show this from a long time now and the big change they wanted, didn't change anything... Its still the same things only in different format. Nothing revolutionary that would change things around. How can you be so blind?

If i invest money in a product (any kind of money- much or less it doesn't matter cause it's the customers money and its important for every customer individually in variable ways) of a Respectable Name Company...- i want quality, performance and support. It's not rocket science people!!! If you want to be a respectable company in the world and in your domain business you do quality products, make your products competitive against your competitors and support your products and your clients constantly. As a respectful company you need as many clients you can get cause they are paying you.. They give the financial stability and profit your company needs. SO you need to attract them with quality products and keep your customers happy so they will remain your clients and maybe will buy more of your products in the future. Its not a difficult thing to know this.. And they know it and their CEO knows it also and he knows with this move they lost some of their customers..

If you consider yourself a big company and want to compete with the BIG BOYS you have do deliver minimum what the competition does and surpass even that if you can, to try to beat your competitors for attracting customers + partners => money!!! If BlackBerry consider themselves a respectful and a quality firm they treasure their clients!!! Its not our fault (their clients) they promise something and then can't deliver... We don't have to defend them... We can support them if we like but defend them? when they didn't deliver? Its not about you '' fanboys''. Even if you ''care'' about the company, then you criticize it when you see it's not doing the wright things so they would know their customers are not happy and maybe they will try to resolve the problem somehow or at least not do the same thing in the future again. If you remain indifferent and criticize the people who are shouting that what the company is not doing things right, then the rest of customers in the end will leave to the competition where there they will have quality products and support for their money ( indifferent how much money we are talking about, cause its a constant client out of a whole big number of clients= money multiplied) and you ''fanboys'' will remain in a small number and you will not have the necessary financial possibility to sustain this company from falling.. !!! So think again fanboys what's better... A couple of fans who use the company products constantly indifferent of their performance and quality and support .....- or - a whole lot of people, satisfied customers that will make the company profit and be a leader in its domain and maybe expand in the future in other domains...

Plus as a big company in the whole world if you decide to enter on the tablet market you make a plan, study that market, invest a lot of money, efforts, time and you know in what you are getting in, or else you are not a big company, and only some dudes that think that this will be a ''good idea''. They risked entering this market and promised a lot of things... witch us buyers believed and buyed their products for their promises... AND they didn't deliver... In this way they lost a big chunk of faith in the eyes of consumers and future customers for their products. It's a big blow and if you can't see it, then you are blind. And those lost customers are not only the disappointed PB owners but also people who find out about this, from internet, magazines,from word to word etc. For example: I am a disappointed BB user wright? I wil not buy anymore BB products wright? But that's not all. I will complain to everyone i know.. and make bad publicity for BB products and if somebody wants to buy a BB product i stop him and influence him not to buy it cause they will regret that move like i did. This is an example remember and 'I' am one of those hundreds disappointed customers and will influence a whole lot more future customers.
    And BB is not looking good on customers and numbers right now and even in the last years, and even the future doesn't look good. They are losing customers constantly. Now with this move even more. You are saying to yourself.. well a little less customers is not such a big deal... Well it is... BB has a decent amount of customers because the rest of the world is not living at the tendencies of Good economic countries where people choose the best product cause the money is not a problem for them. In the rest of the world people buy for now basic phones and BB is known for its past glory and provides basic phones. I know that because i live in a modest country and i see how things work. But with every year people advance and they desire more... And in the future we will also choose the best product. Why do you think BB is so low in US? Even in Canada, its own country, its not the first product in its domain. In the future countries advance to new technology also and they will chose the best products for their money and i think it wont be BB cause they are way back from their top competitors products and service.

And also stop defending that PB does basic things for you.. There are cheaper tablets that do basic things also. The problem is that BB promised that PB will do a lot of things and they didn't deliver most of them. And the promise kept us all waiting and now when the wait is over its normal for us to rage. I also buyed the tablet and not chose an other talbet because of its promises and bright future.. In this 2 year existence this tablet was only promises. It didn't provided apps almost at all, only cheap, superficial apps; - and in the tablet world - APPS are everything!!! They promised android apps but another promise wasted, they promised new capabilities- wasted, new Os - wasted. We were promised a good tablet with lots of variety uses and you are satisfied with basic? If basic stuff if what you want then it belongs there with other basic products that offer the same thing from ''ghost companies''... ( even in Romania ,a country some of you don't even know it exists, there are 2 ghost companies that offer tablets Quad Core processors, 2gb Ram and even more and Android with all its apps for every use necesairy, and of course they are cheap)
    So now when all hopes of those promises are gone, i won't wait no more for a change. But now i can't sell it to someone, cause there are better product out there and cheap, can't throw it cause it will be a waste of money... it will stay in a closet somewhere. Thanks for your support BlackBerry and your care for your customers.. Maybe you had good intentions but the final verdict is you lost our confidence in you and at least for me, you lost a customer. In the future i won't buy from this company again and won't recommend someone to buy from BlackBerry. Sorry we were loyal and waited... but when you lie about everything thats the last straw. In those almost 2 years I could have used a better tablet from competitors and could have had better uses ( more apps in all categories for different uses ) and satisfaction using it.
    PB had its pros I admit but they were to few to count to the number of cons.

Sorry for writing this wall-text but i had to say it in the PB forums ( not at the samsung forums like said before) and i won't come back every time like said before by some fanboys. I just had to say it. Maybe someone feels the same way.. And fanboys please think more realistic and or defend your company with positive things than to attack the people who complaint about a real problem and they are right to do so..
    duty14 and waterman50 like this.
    07-17-13 03:46 AM
    Wow, talk about escalation. Seriously, why all the name calling. So people are rather unhappy with all that have went on, and they will be vocal about it, it's their rights, so don't go belittling them, likewise for those who still believe in BB.

Of course, this being the Internet, anyone can be brave and put down another's right to speak out, so what I said probably will fall online eyes, so to speak.

Ah well, I guess the crackberrian on crackberrian verbal assault will continue no matter what..
    07-17-13 04:06 AM
    They did say that they were considering "compensating" PB adopters.
    You can expect the compensation to materialise very soon.

Possible just after Christmas 2014.

I'll be a blackberry fridge magnet with Thortein signature on it.
    Hurray!
    07-17-13 04:36 AM
    I'm not going to go ad hominem (costas1966, looking at you buddy) because that's immature and frankly, we're here to discuss what to do as stiffed PlayBook users, not to throw mud at each others' faces.

We should be throwing mud at Heins instead What a lot of fanboys here don't get is that the PlayBook was promised a lot of things - native email soon after launch, Android app compatibility soon after that, and a big BB10 release soon after the new phones were launched to fix any remaining issues. All the issues that were supposed to have been fixed in incremental updates were pushed forward to one big BB10 update.

Now we know soon became never. That BB10 update is dead, incremental updates have been ruled out, so we're left with a buggy OS with no way to fix it because BBRY have it locked down tight. They abandoned the platform, its users and developers wholesale.

Not a lot of us have money to throw at a new tablet, accessories and apps, especially if we bought PlayBooks before the price drop. We just want to have the functionality we were promised by the manufacturer time and time again. Is that too much to ask for?
    07-17-13 04:40 AM
    They will give you some useless apps as a sorry or another free movie. Big deal.

Free gift should be the bb10 they weren't working on but said they were working on but was to sluggish. We all know they never had a team working on it since the bb10 devices launched.
    The pb served its purpose to them.

All the pb owners got the middle finger for supporting the hype and constant lies.

Keep moving is their motto. Apparently that's how they deal with issues. Run and turtle.

All the money they wasted on Alicia keys they could have polished off the 2x os at least. Hell even the 2 million wasted on the port a thon crap RSS feed apps.

Money well spent!
    07-17-13 04:42 AM
    I'd like to add that the Playbook was my first Blackberry device and I was really very excited about it. Eventually bought a BBRY phone and soon my 2 kids had BBRY phones as well. Have now helped the kids transition to new brands. May mean diddlysquat in the greater scheme of things, but multiply this effect, it's the customer disillusionment that's making Castle Blackberry crumble, not misunderstandings on tech spechs, BB10 compatibility, visions of tablet-less markets, and all that gobblydegook.
    07-17-13 04:46 AM
    Free apps? They can keep their lousy apps (respect to the devs). I paid $600 ++ for an incomplete tablet and worked for free as a BlackBerry BETA tester to create BB10! BlackBerry may think they could fool the users by offering $50 - $100 vouchers to buy the next BB product. I will pay BB $50 - $100 more give me the BB10 update as promised or refund me 50% money! I feel pity for my Z10 now.

The will give you some useless apps as a sorry or another free movie. Big deal.

Free gift should be the bb10 they weren't working on but said they were working on but was to sluggish. We all know they never had a team working on it since the bb10 devices launched.
    The pd served its purpose to them.
    07-17-13 04:53 AM
    @blueberrymerry

I agree wholeheartedly, but apparently it is way too much to ask for, which is most likely filing the lot of us up.

I do get the reason for BB wanting to move forward and be relevant again, but not when they're going to trample all over most of their long term customers.
    duty14 likes this.
    07-17-13 04:53 AM
    Didn't they do the $XX in free apps as compensation for their outages a couple years back??

I would like to know what exactly will the compensation be.
    07-17-13 05:09 AM
    You'll fund out

SOON
    Ragwan likes this.
    07-17-13 05:13 AM
    Lol, it'll have to be something really major to salve the wounds for a lot us...
    07-17-13 05:33 AM
    When they said no more BB10 on PB i was disappointed. But accepted in a way and was hoping they will support PB in the future with at least some patches and continuous apps. But if they won't support at all the PB with nothing in the future - that means PB is good as dead. No changes in the future won't apply to PB. Its an antique equipment witch everybody will forget about it and we owners will dump it eventually cause it will be outdated in every aspect. No future apps, no skype, no support, no tweaks, no BBM, no developers etc. Nobody will do nothing for this tablet. Nothing can replace a forgoten in hystory tablet and I personally am very disappointed because i had high hopes from those promises... and nothing can replace that for me.. I will eventually dump it and buy a tablet from Samsung or famous Apple. BB encourages the competition... Better be a satisfied Apple or Samsung customer than a loyal BB fan with nothing to use...
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    07-17-13 06:00 AM
    [warn]Please discuss the products and company, not the other members in the thread. DO NOT insult other members, DO NOT attempt to provoke other members into retaliation outside the rules, DO NOT think the moderators will ignore trolling and fighting.[/warn]
    07-17-13 06:01 AM
    I'd also like to chip in that high street chains were still selling the PB up until march of this year, and whilst the price was much reduced from BBRY's ridiculous original overpricing, it was in line with similar tablets on the stands.

Many people bought these tablets ( as can be seen from BBRY's figures ) and I don't think they would have if they'd realised that the tablet wouldn't be supported 3 to 6 months later.

By all means support BBRY all you like but stop peddling the lie that this was good business, and harsh realities drove this.
    07-17-13 06:02 AM
    Same thing I confirmed on a few weeks ago on my thread.
    07-17-13 06:08 AM
    after it was announced that BB10 would becoming to the PlayBook,
    then you got a great tablet. you were lied to

Fixed it for you

Some people just like to be deceived
    ...And some people just like to whine and complain like 5 year olds. GROW UP and except the fact that companies lie and deceive their customers to make more money every day.
    07-17-13 06:08 AM
    I hope Theins or someone from their team is reading this. We all, though aggressively, have valid points on where they went wrong and what they owe PB users. Sure, it's far-fetched, but maybe they'll take customers into considerstion.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    07-17-13 06:14 AM
    Guys remember what happened to THQ? Is PB on the same path?
    07-17-13 06:17 AM
    I do hope someone from BBRY reads this and sees what the real on-the-ground reaction is to their treatment of the PB. Just take a look at the long list of PBOS bugs and issues on the official BB website... they know those exist but they've done nothing to fix them.

Does that sound like a company that takes end consumers seriously?
    flyingsolid likes this.
    07-17-13 06:22 AM
    ...And some people just like to whine and complain like 5 year olds. GROW UP and except the fact that companies lie and deceive their customers to make more money every day.
    So we are the suckers..? Don't we count... If companies lie to their consumers they lose those consumers and those consumers invest their money into the competition. And as I see it BB needs every customer wright now with their financial bad news.. And by the way a company that respects itself, respects its clients so if they care about their brand and their reputation... than you care about what promises you make and satisfy you clients cause they bring you the money for your business.
    07-17-13 06:26 AM
    I'd like to add that the Playbook was my first Blackberry device and I was really very excited about it. Eventually bought a BBRY phone and soon my 2 kids had BBRY phones as well. Have now helped the kids transition to new brands. May mean diddlysquat in the greater scheme of things, but multiply this effect, it's the customer disillusionment that's making Castle Blackberry crumble, not misunderstandings on tech spechs, BB10 compatibility, visions of tablet-less markets, and all that gobblydegook.
    You are not alone. I got my pb first than Bold and now Z10. As I stated before I will continue to use all my devices until it no longer function. As for future, It's unlikely I will purchase from this company again. Nor will I recommend to anyone I know.
    duty14 and anon(4044683) like this.
    07-17-13 06:29 AM
    So we are the suckers..? Don't we count... If companies lie to their consumers they lose those consumers and those consumers invest their money into the competition. And as I see it BB needs every customer wright now with their financial bad news.. And by the way a company that respects itself, respects its clients so if they care about their brand and their reputation... than you care about what promises you make and satisfy you clients cause they bring you the money for your business.
    You and anyone that thinks like this is simply delusional. Every company in the world that sells something to consumers or other businesses, lies to their customers to make more money(Some are just more blatant at lieing then others, it's the others that people think are on the up and up that you really have to worry about, not a simple tech company that couldn't deliver on a previous promise even though they truly thought it was possible.). Making money is the name of the game and if they deceive their customers to make more of it, welcome to capitalism.
    07-17-13 06:45 AM
    I'm accepting the fact BB has to move on, but that doesn't mean I have to like it one bit, especially when the playbook is missing some key features and fixes that should have been included at the start. I don't know exactly how much cash goes into bug fixes and updates, but surely a lot of the issues could have been fixed (bridge for the 10 series users) before completely writing off the PB.

Now yes, the PBs are still functioning and most haven't blown up nor implode or what not. The PBs can and are being used as Web browsers, media players, and what not but in all honesty, they could be functioning better, even if the improvement is slight @ least. For me, I'm over the whole no Os10 thing, I will concede the fact that BB just can't make the whole OS run on the playbook, even though they had to have known this would have happened when they were planning the 10 series phones. I'd been fine with some of the modules and features, which many people have stated. What it all boils down for me is they're dropping their crippled product with constant mentioning of fixing and updating (note: I didn't say promise), well, beside the superficial app world name change update we gotten earlier this year.... Not a whole lot. I like my PB, it's the first tablet I ever owned, and I have studied up on it, so I knew what I was getting, but I also read how there were suppose to be fixes and updates too, can't provide exact sources as this was over a year ago.

So, long story short, I'm accepting what has happened, I, along with many other aren't happy about what had happened with our beloved PBs, if we wanted to vent and speculate, then we should without having to be bullied by some individuals. This IS the playbook section of the forums after all, don't like what you're seeing, fine, don't make go insulting comments, there isn't any reason for the insults @ all. If some of feel BB should be accountable in some ways, then so be it, after all its not the company per se that's being bashed, it's their handling, operations and implications that getting bashed.
    Last edited by Ragwan; 07-17-13 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Grammar fix
    Elite1, bob_tn, ghundiraj and 1 others like this.
    07-17-13 06:54 AM
    These forums need some mods to be active regarding etiquette. I don't see why users should be able to just verbally abuse eachother with no response.

Then again the top dog at BBRY is being broadly branded as a liar here, the whole company as incompetent, and not without provocation (I think). So between the BlackBerry fanboys/girls and those who feel BlackBerry have totally lost credibility there is no love, I guess.
    07-17-13 06:54 AM
    ...Like it or not, one factor pulling down BB10 sales, at least in the US, is that people don't want to buy phones that may be orphaned before the 2-year contract is up. Or they don't want to build apps for a platform that may not be around much longer than WebOS was. That may be unfair to BBRY, but it is the perception among a lot of people. That public perception, however unfair or wrong it may be, isn't helped by orphaning the Playbook right at this moment. ...
    Agreed - that hits the nail on the head. I have two playbook a (including a 64 GB model purchased on day one... fortunately I averaged down when I got my second 32 gb for $115 from Best Buy matching Staples' fire sale) and I have loved the tablet... except for some of the various reasons mentioned in this thread, in particular some missing business apps that work on the Android version in 10.1. If these small updates were done, including the critical Android runtime update, I would have been more than happy and wouldn't have any issues re. the promised BB10 upgrade... I work in tech and can understand the physical lack of memory barrier they ran into during their attempt. As it is now, I'm seriously loking at an iPad mini for the first time as the business critical apps I need don't work on the PB today (and I'm stuck running Citrix or Webex on my small iPhone 4S screen unless I want to pull out my laptop). I can tell you, as someone who paid over $1000 for their first Playbook (after extended warranty and taxes), it leaves a VERY bad taste in my mouth and seriously rocks my faith in BB... I DEFINATELY didn't spend that amount of money on a tablet expecting to be abandoned without the busines apps I counted on two years later, especially when I bought a business oriented tablet... I don't totally regret my choice, as the other option I was considering (same money) was the full sized iPad which was too big for me for travel, but I did buy at the time with the expectation of future support - don't forget, the Playbook was supposed to be the future of BB operating systems. I've been using a 4S for work for the past 1.5 years (my wife took over my personal 9900 + rate plan) and was looking towards a fall Blackberry upgrade when my contract renewal period arrives (both for work and personal phones)... and I'm not so sure any more... Given what happened with my playbooks, I'm now seriously considering a switch for my personal phone... and just staying with iPhone for work, even though I miss the BB communication strengths. It's a sad day when a BB die hard tips over the edge... and the even sadder part is that I think the same will be happening for many BB faithful. The only people who bought the PBs on day one were BB die hards... and if as a company they are losing that fan base one by one, its not a good sign. Even worse, it's people like that (myself included) who often educated others on the benefits of BB Playbook and encouraged people to consider it.... unfortunately that turned out to be a very poor recomendation as many of the recommendations I gave we're based on the upgrade path for the Playbook. Time will tell what happens... but a compete abandonment of any Playbooks updates could seriously come to haunt BB in the future... When you're trying to rebuild a platform you REALLY don't want to alienate your long time supporters and those who actively support the brand to friends and colleagues... that's just not good business practice. Period.
    07-17-13 06:55 AM
732 ... 45678 ...