Nope. Not that either.

I just find it odd when people have complete utter hatred of a company and no interest in using any current or future products that they waste their time here. If BlackBerry pissed me off as much as it has some people here, I'd just drop their product and go to the forum of my next device.
    No hatred. You don't expect me to throw my playbook and Z10 away now do you? As long as I still use and own BB products, I still have an opinion about the company. Until such day that all my BB devices deem useless will I move on. Does not mean I will purchase anymore product from the company. Nor will I sell like he'll for the company. No one should be holding hands and sing kumbaya either.
    the_sleuth, Cynycl, duty14 and 1 others like this.
    07-16-13 09:14 PM
    Oh, come on, you must be remember when the OTHER fanboys said "apps were not necessary, if you had the great pb browser!" We know how that turned out. You can play a game of checkers (chess might be too long) on the checkered browser screen. You still can't and never will SEARCH in the native browser nor will you ever save or reorganize or rename bookmarks. GREAT BROWSER, we don't need no "stinkin' apps!"
    Oh boy do I remember. I remember first one major app then another never showing up and the apologists repeatedly replying with the same line, "I dont need that app anyway, its not important to me." Aside from Angry Birds, not one popular app came to the device that was on the tablet consumer's high demand list.

The handwriting on the wall was when the third party developers were quick to spit out an Apple or android app on their websites and customer support having little more than "maybe later for you QNX guys" for an answer. You gotta laugh at the futility when you hold a BLACKBERRY device in your hand that never got a real BBM client yet they are hot and heavy making one for the competitor's devices?! HUH?!?!" Why would chevrolet forgo putting their best motor in their cars but ship them straight to Ford?

At this point you seriously have a case for questioning Blackberry's competence.
    Ragwan, FF22, cckgz4 and 6 others like this.
    07-16-13 09:20 PM
    The best thing for blackberry is concede they failed sell out and let a big company actually run it. As the months go by the short bus throws up fail after fail. By years end if Thor is still talking out of his arse with no real results time for the shareholders to pull the plug on the so called turn around.

The A10 will be another pb wait and see..
    Last edited by SparkyBC; 07-16-13 at 10:11 PM.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-16-13 09:32 PM
    no more furture for PB!!!

Sent from BlackBerry 9900
    07-16-13 09:36 PM
    They A10 will be another pb wait and see..
    yeah, thinking about the PB, the A10 does seem like another really bad idea.

I totally understand why they needed two phones, but that should have been it at least for a full year.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-16-13 09:45 PM
    and you expect the unHappy customer of Blackberry go to Samsung forum to complain
    That isn't what I said. Let me try another way: If you hate BlackBerry, vow never to buy another product, and plan to switch to something else, you've already made up your mind to leave. A lot of these people are still here posting, long after they swear they are 'done'. ;-)

you waiting i dance on roof by happiness
    If it doesn't meet your personal needs, it doesn't meet your needs. I bought a 64 GB model (loads of space!) for $200, eighteen months ago. Long before there 'was a BlackBerry 10'. I use it daily for a range of tasks. It does the same tasks today as it does the day they canceled BlackBerry 10 as the day before they canceled BlackBerry 10. And it does it well enough for me that I don't feel a pressing need to split. If it doesn't meet yours, it doesn't.

no app's at all and even for read my eBook
    My current app count is 151 on mine.

But for sure before i buy a new BB i will think twice : you lie ounce you will lie twice
    Fair enough, but if you take that view, I think you'll ultimately be let down by every company on the planet that doesn't keep a promise.
    07-16-13 09:47 PM
    No hatred. You don't expect me to throw my playbook and Z10 away now do you?
    You weren't the type of person I was directing this post too.

bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-16-13 09:48 PM
    And people still defend this company?? I will never recommend BlackBerry products or any thing related to this company to anyone. Even if the company is sold out I wont buy anything from them! No BB10 and absolutely no support to the default OS? What is the guarantee they wont do the same to Z10 and Q10? And people are having high hopes on A10!! All the people defending the move are delusional fanboys! SHAME ON YOU! AGAIN SHAME ON YOU!
    cckgz4, duty14, Nyrup and 2 others like this.
    07-16-13 09:53 PM
    I continue to use both of my PBs and will until they go to sleep for the last time. Like mentioned above, there are still some developers supporting and adding apps. Including a new browser I'm sure most have read about. OrigamiBrowser.

As long as your PB is able to do what you're used to doing with it keep it alive.

I do want to add an observation though. When the no BB10 coming to the PB announcement was made, I believe there was another one made that they would continue to support the PB.
    That sure didn't last long.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 09:55 PM
    They did say that they were considering "compensating" PB adopters.
    So hopefully it doesn't mean we get a sh*t load of random useless apps on the PB, but instead something actually useful
    On top of that, why not just stick a new android runtime on it. Problem solved, everything works with debug
    Ragwan likes this.
    07-16-13 09:55 PM
    Yes Thor went back on his word an lied. I bet you would be the first one CRYING LIKE A BABY JUST LIKE YOU ARE NOW when BB10 didnt work like it does on the phones. People like you cry because you can you are never happy and can never be made happy.
    SO why can't they provide normal PB OS updates? These guys running the company are bunch of greedy losers! Never trust them, you are defending a company who has lied, betrayed and continuing to fool their loyal fans.
    duty14 likes this.
    07-16-13 09:58 PM
    You're a real Cassandra, aren't you?

Can't blame you though. BBRY brought this whole mess upon themselves. As for the A10, it's looking up to be another PlayBook disaster - overpriced at launch, few apps, something few would want.

What's galling for me is not that BB10 isn't coming for PB, but the fact that even basic updates and support have been stopped. BBRY have successfully washed their hands clean of the PB. They've also p!ssed on the customers they can ill afford to lose.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-16-13 10:10 PM
    I understand that there will eventually have to an EOL day for the PB
    But from the start, PB was always playing catch up, and it really hasn't caught up to anything....
    I do feel a bit cheated from RIM.
    I'll still support them, because BB10 is still one of the best platforms out there
    However, I do not support their business ethics if they are cheating and lying, especially when they publicly made a statement that they will commit to something. I have my uses for the PB, but to be honest, apart from a video player when I'm travelling, and occasionally using it to surf the net, it usually sits in the drawer, not doing anything. That shouldn't be what RIM envisioned the PB to be, so they should do something about that.
    I think that is what everyone ultimately wants. Some of us are just a bit more verbal with a bit more edge and anger. I don't think we should be fighting, because ultimately we just want the same thing
    07-16-13 10:13 PM
    I continue to use both of my PBs and will until they go to sleep for the last time. Like mentioned above, there are still some developers supporting and adding apps. Including a new browser I'm sure most have read about. OrigamiBrowser.

As long as your PB is able to do what you're used to doing with it keep it alive.

I do want to add an observation though. When the no BB10 coming to the PB announcement was made, I believe there was another one made that they would continue to support the PB.
    That sure didn't last long.

Posted via CB10
    I hope the developer bring Origami Browser to the app world soon. I'm not gonna side load anything.
    07-16-13 10:16 PM
    Fanboys here wont understand these things. They will never stop defending. If we express our disappointment they will label us trolls.

Marty, with respect, if you had skimmed the forums in the past few days you would know exactly why people are upset (besides the fact that the CEO came out and gave his word that BB10 would be coming to Playbook):

1) No one is asking for BB10 anymore. We just want basic updates to the Browser, Adobe Air, Android and Flash runtimes, USB-To-Go (which is already built in, they just need to turn it on), and a few other small updates. The Playbook's 1GB of RAM is perfectly capable of handling these updates. They were planned for 18 months now, ever since the 2.1 update. However, Blackberry has indicated that they just don't want to update the Playbook anymore. This is salt in the wound of the broken BB10 promise.

2) There are many indications that PB can actually handle BB10 just fine. For example, a number of people have sideloaded BB10 to Playbook and achieved acceptable levels of performance. There is no reason why Blackberry can't leak the last build of BB10 for Playbook and let US decide if we want it or not.

3) Many knowledgeable people have commented that the issue is not the 1GB or 2GB or RAM, but the memory-hogging nature of BB10, and the fact that Blackberry has not implemented effective memory management into the OS. This means that as apps become more memory-hungry, even your Z10 and Q10 (and soon the A10) will have trouble keeping up. Optimising BB10 for Playbook NOW would have solved the problem once and for all. It would also have allowed BB to put out cheaper 1GB RAM devices to compete with bargain Android models.

Again, go read through some of the forum threads before spouting off. And taking the CEO's word as the holy grail... well, a few of us were burned doing just that.
    07-16-13 10:23 PM
    Oh Please...My PLayBook works the same today as it did April 19th 2011 if not better, stop whining! As Bla1ze said, if you aren't happy don't buy another BBRY product. The whining on the Forums of late is really getting to me. For anyone visiting our site, if they are currently using a different Mobile OS, reading some of this ******** ain't helping...............
    07-16-13 10:25 PM
    I'd just like to point out, a month ago, before the playbook betrayal, I saw people like Arvind on BGR defending BlackBerry in every article. The one thing that sites like BGR and Engadget always noted was the strong passion of BlackBerry fans. They would get a ton of complaints for every hit piece on BlackBerry.

Arvind, can you imagine going back to BGR and fighting for BlackBerry's good name after all this? What a difference two weeks make. It seems that Janika and Jaime, the anti-blackberry super-trolls, were right after all.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-16-13 10:27 PM
    You're a real Cassandra, aren't you?

Can't blame you though. BBRY brought this whole mess upon themselves. As for the A10, it's looking up to be another PlayBook disaster - overpriced at launch, few apps, something few would want.

What's galling for me is not that BB10 isn't coming for PB, but the fact that even basic updates and support have been stopped. BBRY have successfully washed their hands clean of the PB. They've also p!ssed on the customers they can ill afford to lose.
    That is what is really upsetting. The line handed out was that once again, rather than dribbling out updates to fix or enhance the OS2 system, they would move us to BB10 and so stopped doing anything for the pb. At this time my speculation is that there is no one in house capable of moving OS2 forward or tweaking it. What's ironic is because they are producing a new OS7 device, updates for that OS are still coming out periodically.
    the_sleuth and cckgz4 like this.
    07-16-13 10:43 PM
    There is no need for anyone to be an apologist for any company, be it Blackberry, Apple, Sony, whatever the case may be. The sole reason these companies/corporations are profitable is laregly due to their consumer base. They need us a whole lot more than we need them. There will always be another company eagerly waiting to step up to the plate. Not having BB10 to preserve usability of the Playbook, fine. I was upset intially also, but I realized I bought the Playbook not for BB10, but because I was impressed by the product and package it presented. However I feel to completely brush off any update though is a bit harsh for those who supported the company in its "darkest hours". Why can iPad owners whom purchased a tablet in the same time frame as when the Playbook released expect an update to the latest OS, and us Playbook owners not even a mere browser and runtime update. It is what it is I guess.

At the end of the day, I want Blackberry to be sucessful as I'm sure many of you do also. They need to give their user base some love. End rant lol
    cckgz4 and ppeters914 like this.
    07-16-13 11:12 PM
    Fanboys here wont understand these things. They will never stop defending. If we express our disappointment they will label us trolls.
    Yesterday's fanboy is tomorrow's troll wherever you look. I think the real loser here is common-sense. Both in the mobile computing business and in the reactions of the consumer. While we're at it, let's throw out another disgusting reference to the Jonestown Massacre as if it isn't a tragic blot in the stain of American History.
    07-16-13 11:25 PM
    just like what they did to OS7 and Theme builder 7, not surprised
    flyingsolid likes this.
    07-16-13 11:34 PM
    So what we've really learned is that BlackBerry just doesn't want to update the PlayBook at all. They just want to abandon it, and hope that suckers who are left with a never finished device will come back for more.

You defenders can keep protecting your website (CB staff), your jobs (the loudest apologists), your shares, or whatever, but I can't get behind this company anymore. I have two apps in App World, I defended BB to anyone who would listen, but this move was for me the final straw.
    Bro, look at this way. Thorsten knew that it was never going to be a good product...so he had the conviction to say no to the project...that to me shows character to bring Blackberry forward into brave new worlds and higher plateaus.

Posted via CB10
    FCSC likes this.
    07-16-13 11:43 PM
    As I remember Thor was talking about dumb tablet using BlackBerry 10 device to run it.
    It seems to me that the playbook is smart enough for that.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-16-13 11:54 PM
    Actually I like the way Alec Saunders basically just says "Confirmed". At least he did not try to weasel his way of saying something like, "We will not port BB 10 for PlayBook, but we will continue to provide enhancements in the months to come although the hardware cannot really run BB 10 proper...bla...bla..bla..", therefore fueling more speculations again down the road, more angst and such. PlayBook was a failed product, now a dead product. I bought the device at $499, paid the price of early adopter.
    07-16-13 11:59 PM
    You are right my friend. Lesson learnt in a hard way. A lot of people think its just an update, and claims why to bother for a 2 year old device? actually its not just about BB10. Now, there won't be any update for PB. As some one pointed in this thread, BlackBerry purposely killed PlayBook because of A10. If BB10 is available for PB a lot of users will go for PB instead of the over priced 5" A10! This a very smart suicidal move. Most of the people complaining here are those who bought PB for full price before the fire sale. There was nothing expect the Browser. No usefull apps, lack of email, calenders and no android runtime support. We continued to believe in BlackBerry and trusted every time BB said they were working on significant updates and will make the tablet a wonderful device. Email client and lots of apps, BBM were promised to arrive "soon". We all know BlackBerry "soon". It took nearly an year to get email and calender! That was the last useful update PB ever received. Do you think this is the way to treat the customers? 2 years we were fed with nothing but hopes. Hopes that one day PB will be a great tablet. BlackBerry always informed that they were "committed" in tablet market and BB10 will be available for the existing PlayBooks. Being a sincere BlackBerry customer I even bought a Z10 trusting the company again. If the fanboys and defenders here think people complaining here are against BlackBerry then they are wrong! Just open your eyes and see what BlackBerry is doing to the community!

I'd just like to point out, a month ago, before the playbook betrayal, I saw people like Arvind on BGR defending BlackBerry in every article. The one thing that sites like BGR and Engadget always noted was the strong passion of BlackBerry fans. They would get a ton of complaints for every hit piece on BlackBerry.

Arvind, can you imagine going back to BGR and fighting for BlackBerry's good name after all this? What a difference two weeks make. It seems that Janika and Jaime, the anti-blackberry super-trolls, were right after all.
    Last edited by arvind1983; 07-17-13 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Typos
    07-17-13 12:02 AM
732 ... 23456 ...