The only update I'd like to see for my Playbook is Bridge like it did with my 9800. If I can't have BB10 I'd at the very least like Bridge. Right now all we can use is remote control and there's limited usages for that.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    EXACTLY!!!!

I will NOT buy a new BB phone because of this ONE reason. There are more reasons of course, but that's what's keeping me and my wife from buying the Z10.....

Hoot
    07-16-13 03:36 PM
    It's not a surprise that there will be no further updates to the PlayBook OS. Look on the bright side. At least they are being honest for a change.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 03:39 PM
    It's not a surprise that there will be no further updates to the PlayBook OS. Look on the bright side. At least they are being honest for a change.

Posted via CB10
    Especially since it happened like 5 days ago (even longer if you figured that would be the case after they announced no BB10) and only now that it's being spread around do people suddenly give a damn again lol.
    sheailewis1 likes this.
    07-16-13 03:46 PM
    after it was announced that BB10 would becoming to the PlayBook,
    While I think it's crappy that Thorsten did not keep his promise, I also believe that anyone who buys a product on the basis of future promises from any company is making a mistake. Buy it for what it has today, you'll be happier for it.
    Ask anyone with a Sega Dreamcast, Apple Newton, Apple Newton, Microsoft Kin, HP Touchpad, Commodore CDTV, Commodore C64 game console, HP Veer etc.

Companies have no problem canning a product if it turns out to be a big drain and money loser.
    07-16-13 03:49 PM
    EXACTLY!!!!

I will NOT buy a new BB phone because of this ONE reason. There are more reasons of course, but that's what's keeping me and my wife from buying the Z10.....

Hoot
    Then one has to ask - why are you wasting your time on a website called "CrackBerry.com" if you are "done with BlackBerry"?

This is something I don't understand about people who 'swear they are done'. If you are that angry with said company, why are you still here?
    07-16-13 03:51 PM
    Don't understand what all the fuss is about it's been that way since 2+ years with Playbooks.lol
    There was a PROMISE. There was more than one PROMISE. There were additional PROMISES. There was a rather unceremonious, afterthought announcement that the PROMISE was null and void.

And there are some, I have no idea of their number, but there are some who purchased the tablet based on that PROMISE.

People are bent out of shape. But it took more effort to bend them out of shape then it takes to deform the usb port which was designed to accommodate usb-to-go which is also OUT THERE UNFULFILLED.
    07-16-13 04:14 PM
    Then one has to ask - why are you wasting your time on a website called "CrackBerry.com" if you are "done with BlackBerry"?

This is something I don't understand about people who 'swear they are done'. If you are that angry with said company, why are you still here?
    Him being here is very important because his opinion matters and he like many of us are pis@ed. You been here long enough to know that many people swear off BlackBerry but don't really leave. Just because he doesn't agree is no reason for.him to leave. Good,so surround themselves with people who are always in agreement with them.
    07-16-13 04:14 PM
    Let me have a guess
    BB apologist will continue to defend the company and claim that DeadBook is a great tablet

Law suit is the way to go.
    Have you contacted Merchant Law Group yet?
    07-16-13 04:21 PM
    That was THE biggest problem of the Playbook. The hardware is still good, screen resolution, etc but apps matter. Apps count. Apps make or break a smartphone or tablet now. Doubt me? Look at the advertisements that the smarphone/tablet world releases... sometimes before even mentioning processor speed, screen resolution or RAM, titles like Skype, Kindle and Netflix are listed. Notice that such titles don't exist on the Playbook.

I've said so many times that companies only turn around from bad times by learning their lessons. Will BlackBerry? So far they haven't. Soon we will see. I would bet against it (and I mean literally, short BlackBerry stock).

I'm glad you came to a point of acceptance bla1ze, enough to tell others now to get over it. I remember not long ago on crack berry podcasts you being one of the most strongly outspoken critics of the Playbook's progress, one time even you even strongly stated "I am tired of being promised things and not getting them!"
    Oh, come on, you must be remember when the OTHER fanboys said "apps were not necessary, if you had the great pb browser!" We know how that turned out. You can play a game of checkers (chess might be too long) on the checkered browser screen. You still can't and never will SEARCH in the native browser nor will you ever save or reorganize or rename bookmarks. GREAT BROWSER, we don't need no "stinkin' apps!"
    NoraMelua and cckgz4 like this.
    07-16-13 04:23 PM

The poster did not say that he was "done" or "done with Blackberry." The poster indicated that there were current reasons "keeping me and my wife from buying the Z10....."

If your reading comprehension is so poor that you can't respond to someone without misconstruing his statements, what are you doing here?
    07-16-13 04:54 PM
    IT's sad , real sad and I have 2 playbooks.

Blackberry guys will be a bunch of losers if they can not update the browser,keyboard like BB10 and ofcourse flash, android 2.3.3 and other small things, because they can do it. The code is there and just make people happy with a final update when 10.2 is launched for Z10,Q10,Q5,A10. Start to make any goodwill because I loose my faith because like Thorsten complain about the US providers about everything I think it start with them because they do the same with us Playbook Users.

I love to see a 2.5.2 final update

Attachment 183200
    WTF!
    BlackBerry PlayBook Getting No More Significant Updates, Confirms Alec Saunders-kenny-omg-bastard.png
    thanks!
    -paul
    ppeters914 likes this.
    07-16-13 04:56 PM
    Saunders, Heins, all the rest of BBRY management can go to hell. What a bunch of liars, stringing along users for years until they finally realized hey, we're incompetent, we can't do any of this stuff!
    brother working hard! working hard!
    and not hardly working!
    i guess even with 30% success we will have android and coreboot on your lovely playbook in 2 months.
    are you ready to jtag?
    and others too. get ready to jtag!
    there is no hope now.
    thor has dug himself the deepest sh!tty hell hole!
    i cant see such an awesome device laid to rest because of incompetent management and incompetent managerial decision. sigh!
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-16-13 05:01 PM
    I'm kind of shocked @ the fact they couldn't/wouldn't update "simple" things such as the bridge, web browser, keyboard, and run times. I'm sure I'm missing more, but just listed the more important aspects that they could fix/update.

Granted the PB is 2yrs old, but hey we still love the thing.

The least they can do @ this point (even though its won't happens) is to unlock the PB, and or some tools/programs so we could tinker with the PB ourselves.

Guess, I'm going to keep using my PB as a web browser, and the newly acquired Nook hd+ for everything else.
    07-16-13 05:02 PM
    Let me have a guess
    BB apologist will continue to defend the company and claim that DeadBook is a great tablet

Law suit is the way to go.

They only understand a stick.
    Blind fan-boys are overfeeding them with carrots

Stop feeding fat cats at Waterloo
    Start hitting them with a stick until they understand they are for customers not customers for them
    Lol clearly you have a great stressful life...

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-16-13 05:03 PM
    after it was announced that BB10 would becoming to the PlayBook,
    then you got a great tablet. you were lied to

Fixed it for you

Some people just like to be deceived
    Or some people just like to worry about things that matter? And not go ape **** over stupid stuff?

ppeters914 likes this.
    07-16-13 05:04 PM
    Him being here is very important because his opinion matters and he like many of us are pis@ed. You been here long enough to know that many people swear off BlackBerry but don't really leave. Just because he doesn't agree is no reason for.him to leave. Good,so surround themselves with people who are always in agreement with them.
    Fair enough. I just find it odd that people so angry with BlackBerry, have tossed their products and have no plans to buy another spend so much time on a major "BlackBerry forum". Just me I guess

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:06 PM
    You really need to just let the PlayBook die! If you're bitter about it, then so be it.. don't buy another BlackBerry product if that's what makes you feel better about it all. But what's done is done and nothing anyone says or does is going to change that at this point.
    Why are you so angry @bla1ze? Calm down before you pop an artery. People have a right to be upset and express their opinion. If I remember correctly, you were one of the biggest PlayBook pushers at one time. How many purchased a playbook based on your advocacy? Have some decency. And if concerted criticism on the part of the fanbase causes BlackBerry to issue one last update to address some of the concerns... Why not at least try? What do we have to lose? Why not be a leader and help, instead of belittling people? Don't be such a small person.

If the concerns of the community are so bothersome to you, and if you couldn't care less about demanding that BB issues an update to PBOS then I suggest you stop visiting the Playbook forum. Because those topics are going to be occupying the minds of everyone visiting this forum for quite some time.
    07-16-13 05:07 PM
    Blaze is to the point and 100% correct. Just because it's a harsh reality doesn't make it less true.

sheailewis1 and LewLew23 like this.
    07-16-13 05:09 PM
    The poster did not say that he was "done" or "done with Blackberry." The poster indicated that there were current reasons "keeping me and my wife from buying the Z10....."
    Actually, I was just making a general statement. I've seen many posts like this lately, yet the people who are 'done' and 'will never buy another product' keep coming back

If your reading comprehension is so poor that you can't respond to someone without misconstruing his statements, what are you doing here?
    Apparently annoying you, chuckles.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    07-16-13 05:12 PM
    Let me have a guess
    What if the tablet meets their needs? Yeah, I'm bummed that it's not getting BlackBerry 10, but it was doing the things I needed it to do with 2.1 so I'm not clamoring for a replacement. If it dies tomorrow, I won't seek out another, but am I imagining it doing what I need it to do?
    07-16-13 05:14 PM
    There was a PROMISE. There was more than one PROMISE. There were additional PROMISES. There was a rather unceremonious, afterthought announcement that the PROMISE was null and void.

And there are some, I have no idea of their number, but there are some who purchased the tablet based on that PROMISE.

People are bent out of shape. But it took more effort to bend them out of shape then it takes to deform the usb port which was designed to accommodate usb-to-go which is also OUT THERE UNFULFILLED.
    # ln -Pv /dev/promise0 /dev/null
    # ln -Pv /dev/promise1 /dev/null
    # ln -Pv /dev/promise2 /dev/null
    # ln -Pv /dev/promise3 /dev/null
    # ln -Pv /dev/promiseXN /dev/null

# ln -Pv /dev/requests1 /dev/zero
    # ln -Pv /dev/requests2 /dev/zero
    # ln -Pv /dev/requests3 /dev/zero
    # ln -Pv /dev/requests4 /dev/zero
    # ln -Pv /dev/requestsXN /dev/zero

this sums about the QNX which is headed by swine management team.
    thank you and good night! RIM/Blackberry!
    thanks!
    -paul
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    07-16-13 05:18 PM
    For ####s sake can't people just get over this and do something more constructive?

I doubt many people paid more for their PB than me...I was so keen to get it, I bought it full price from the US and had it shipped to the UK in the week of release, and had to pay duty this end too. I've enjoyed it for two years, and yes I wish, like everyone, the browser was better blah blah blah.

But it still does more today than when I bought it, and for the people who bought it post PB OS2 in the hopes of OS10, it still does what it always did, and will continue to do so.

Life really is too short to get so f'kin angry about a 7" piece of plastic.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:22 PM
    For ####s sake can't people just get over this and do something more constructive?

I doubt many people paid more for their PB than me...I was so keen to get it, I bought it full price from the US and had it shipped to the UK in the week of release, and had to pay duty this end too. I've enjoyed it for two years, and yes I wish, like everyone, the browser was better blah blah blah.

But it still does more today than when I bought it, and for the people who bought it post PB OS2 in the hopes of OS10, it still does what it always did, and will continue to do so.

Life really is too short to get so f'kin angry about a 7" piece of plastic.

Posted via CB10

yes for petes sake have you gone to the rooting forum and checked our advancements. we are now not just close to jtagging but also writing our own bootrom, bootloader and OS. that 7" device is a-class and a-grade in the hands of 3rd-class CTO &/CTO.
    i am working on it. thats about it!
    i will not waste time on this thread anymore. loads of work to do.
    good night! sweet dreams!
    thanks!
    -paul
    bombastic likes this.
    07-16-13 05:29 PM
    Let me tell you why IMHO BB should update the pb os: to honor your word... Plain and simple... Did you discover now that bb10 isn't working great in pb? Then you make the executive decision to not bring it to pb but, since your customers are the most important part in your business, then you apologize and you offer a plan b... But if you treat your customers as they are expendable, then as a company you miss the reason for you being successful in business: respect of people that chose you... It's not yesterday sale that matters, it's the sale of tomorrow that will keep you as a winner or as a failure... And the way you treat your customers today will affect your sales tomorrow...
    07-16-13 05:42 PM
    I bet BB apologists claimed when $600 PB was released that
    nobody should have expected Playbook to include features like email or calendar

Shut up and give BB more money
    07-16-13 05:42 PM
732 1234 ...