IT's sad , real sad and I have 2 playbooks.

Blackberry guys will be a bunch of losers if they can not update the browser,keyboard like BB10 and ofcourse flash, android 2.3.3 and other small things, because they can do it. The code is there and just make people happy with a final update when 10.2 is launched for Z10,Q10,Q5,A10. Start to make any goodwill because I loose my faith because like Thorsten complain about the US providers about everything I think it start with them because they do the same with us Playbook Users.

I love to see a 2.5.2 final update

BlackBerry PlayBook Getting No More Significant Updates, Confirms Alec Saunders-no-significant-update-playbook-2rh.jpg
    07-16-13 11:07 AM
    IT's sad , real sad and I have 2 playbooks.

Blackberry guys will be a bunch of losers if they can not update the browser,keyboard like BB10 and ofcourse flash, android 2.3.3 and other small things, because they can do it. The code is there and just make people happy with a final update when 10.2 is launched. Start to make any goodwill because I loose my faith because like Thorsten complain about the US providers about everything I think it start with them because they do the same with us Playbook Users.
    Do you have a source to claim "confirms Alec Saunders"? Link?
    07-16-13 11:10 AM
    07-16-13 11:37 AM
    Saunders, Heins, all the rest of BBRY management can go to hell. What a bunch of liars, stringing along users for years until they finally realized hey, we're incompetent, we can't do any of this stuff!
    07-16-13 12:12 PM
    Thanks to Victor for getting the definitive response I was waiting for!To say they can't update the browser etc is rubbish.
    A full blown BB10 OK thats a lot of work but nothing nada nunca is not acceptable for such a cash rich company.
    What about those poor unfortunates who bought the LTE version!
    If ram was such an issue why didn't they update it then when they updated the cpu to 1.5 are they saying the ram issue has come as a surprise to them.
    They must be kidding surely!!!
    07-16-13 12:47 PM
    I completely understand BBRY not wanting to bring BB10 to the playbook. But what pisses me off is that from the twitter conversation Victor had with asaunders, BBRY seems to not give a damn about the existing playbook os anymore. Imagine how PB devs should be feeling.
    07-16-13 01:01 PM
    Yes Thor went back on his word an lied. I bet you would be the first one CRYING LIKE A BABY JUST LIKE YOU ARE NOW when BB10 didnt work like it does on the phones. People like you cry because you can you are never happy and can never be made happy.
    Isn't it truly heartwarming how much love there is on these forums even between users with different opinions?
    07-16-13 01:04 PM
    I completely understand BBRY not wanting to bring BB10 to the playbook. But what pisses me off is that from the twitter conversation Victor had with asaunders, BBRY seems to not give a damn about the existing playbook os anymore. Imagine how PB devs should be feeling.
    I may be wrong but I can imagine Alec Saunders painting a pretty picture to the developers when the PlayBook was released, how qnx is great and how they will all make lots of cash together.

He's told the PlayBook developers to do one!

Guess BBRY is spewing the same old lines to bb10 devs, except they knew this time they'd have to offer $10k but even that ain't making them come to the platform.

Well done for leaving a permanent bad taste guys, well done.

Posted via CB10
    BioDave1955 and crackofdoom like this.
    07-16-13 01:06 PM
    Why would PlayBook devs care? Most of them got free hardware for their efforts and on top of that, should they continue to support the platform, transitioning their app to BlackBerry 10 is a fairly easily process.
    Seems some folks tend forget that one of the PlayBooks biggest problems was the lack of great apps.

Assuming developers would be upset is a bit of a stretch of the imagination. Most just submitted junk apps for a free PlayBook anyway. Developers very committed to the PlayBook and building great apps for it were very few and far between and those that were, have pretty much all moved onto BlackBerry 10.

You really need to just let the PlayBook die! If you're bitter about it, then so be it.. don't buy another BlackBerry product if that's what makes you feel better about it all. But what's done is done and nothing anyone says or does is going to change that at this point.
    07-16-13 01:08 PM
    Remember what Thor said, One of the hardest decisions he had to make...
    We really already knew this.
    beamolite likes this.
    07-16-13 01:11 PM
    Isn't it truly heartwarming how much love there is on these forums even between users with different opinions?
    Yup. If you want to really feel the love, have a look at the A10 thread where people are being told to grow up when they lament the lack of 1080p and quad core.

I think Blackberry should go the whole hog and update the Playbook splash screen (you know, the one that appears for about 3 minutes while it is booting up) with a great big V-sign with the immortal quote from Animal House displayed below: "You ****ed up, you trusted us."

To go with that image, when the A10 comes out we can all go to Thorston Heins (having assumed the position): "Thank you Sir, can I have another!"

We could start another thread on appropriate film quotes. Much more fun than being rude to one another.
    Hirazi Blue, Donvald, FF22 and 9 others like this.
    07-16-13 01:12 PM
    Don't understand what all the fuss is about it's been that way since 2+ years with Playbooks.lol
    Eskibo and norm3206 like this.
    07-16-13 01:20 PM
    Can't say I'm surprised. Playbook is what it is and at least we still get a flow of BB10 games and apps. Better than nothing.

Tablets are cheap now, grab a Nexus for $200 or a Samsung for $150. It complements my Z10 perfectly. My Playbook is perfect for the bed night table now. Loving my N7 for every day.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:55 PM
    Well, they are smart.....they don't want to do any updates because the new phablet is coming this year. So, if they would make updates for playbook....not many would be interested in their new overpriced phablet....and many would prefer to get very cheap playbook with the same OS10 or even some new updates.
    I don't believe in their lies they couldn't.....I can't, means....I don't want.
    They wanna push new product. But they are will lose this way....People talking, media talking.
    Look at Microsoft.....they said last week that they will extend the updates for windows phones for another 2 years (if I'm correct )

PlayBook is my first BB product I own since last year, and I got it because they've promise OS10 on it. I was also planning to get Z10, but after their betray....I'm afraid it will happen the same with Z10. It's a expression....."Once cheats will cheat again"....and you can expect from BB.....It will happen again. This kind of people have no morals....
    07-16-13 01:57 PM
    Wow , I don't wish those guys to hell but like I said it's bull**** that they can not use the code from 10.0 to use the browser, mp3 player, videoplayer and keyboard. And of course update flash etc. the small things because the first things a mention are just apps. So saying ,Hell Yes it can work.

Blackberry had a good reputation and I love my Z10 and bought it because I also like my PB but ordering the Q10 for the wife i just canceled because she wanted to use the bold 9720 but i wanted to upgrade hers to 1000 Mb and EU 100 Mb but I figure out that there will be a new blackberry in the future and this PB mess makes me a little bit frustrated. So i wait for that or just go back to android but not right now because I think BB10 has better OS and love the way to get things done, not the PB way and it's my first BB phone and this brand is branded for me at the moment.

also because I just bought a 64 Gb voor 175 euro's last month in France thinking a update will come (not BB10 ) in a version with new mp3 player, browser etc. just the apps from BB10. argghh going to play COH2.
    07-16-13 02:04 PM
    Why would PlayBook devs care? Most of them got free hardware for their efforts and on top of that, should they continue to support the platform, transitioning their app to BlackBerry 10 is a fairly easily process.
    Seems some folks tend forget that one of the PlayBooks biggest problems was the lack of great apps.

Assuming developers would be upset is a bit of a stretch of the imagination. Most just submitted junk apps for a free PlayBook anyway. Developers very committed to the PlayBook and building great apps for it were very few and far between and those that were, have pretty much all moved onto BlackBerry 10.

You really need to just let the PlayBook die! If you're bitter about it, then so be it.. don't buy another BlackBerry product if that's what makes you feel better about it all. But what's done is done and nothing anyone says or does is going to change that at this point.
    I completely understand this way of looking at it. But does it really take that many resources to just tweak a few of the issues like the keyboard and browser for example. I don't need or want BB10 on my PlayBook. But it would be nice if just a few things like that were improved upon. But then I'm sure people will be like, "well if you can do that then why couldn't you do this this and that too"

I just don't know anymore. I got a great 2 yrs out of my PlayBook and still use it daily. It's not going to keep me from buying a BB10 phone here in the near future when SOMETHING comes to Sprint, but still have a bad taste in my mouth about it.
    07-16-13 02:11 PM
    Let me have a guess
    BB apologist will continue to defend the company and claim that DeadBook is a great tablet

Law suit is the way to go.

They only understand a stick.
    Blind fan-boys are overfeeding them with carrots

Stop feeding fat cats at Waterloo
    Start hitting them with a stick until they understand they are for customers not customers for them
    07-16-13 02:13 PM
    That was THE biggest problem of the Playbook. The hardware is still good, screen resolution, etc but apps matter. Apps count. Apps make or break a smartphone or tablet now. Doubt me? Look at the advertisements that the smarphone/tablet world releases... sometimes before even mentioning processor speed, screen resolution or RAM, titles like Skype, Kindle and Netflix are listed. Notice that such titles don't exist on the Playbook.

I've said so many times that companies only turn around from bad times by learning their lessons. Will BlackBerry? So far they haven't. Soon we will see. I would bet against it (and I mean literally, short BlackBerry stock).

I'm glad you came to a point of acceptance bla1ze, enough to tell others now to get over it. I remember not long ago on crack berry podcasts you being one of the most strongly outspoken critics of the Playbook's progress, one time even you even strongly stated "I am tired of being promised things and not getting them!"
    07-16-13 02:45 PM
    Let me have a guess
    BB apologist will continue to defend the company and claim that DeadBook is a great tablet

Law suit is the way to go.

They only understand a stick.
    Blind fan-boys are overfeeding them with carrots

Stop feeding fat cats at Waterloo
    Start hitting them with a stick until they understand they are for customers not customers for them
    If you bought it when it came out, you wouldn't have expected BB10 to be on it in the first place and now you're just complaining because you feel its justified.

If you bought it when it was $150 or whatever the price was after it was announced that BB10 would becoming to the PlayBook, then you for the price, you got a great tablet.

Some people just like to complain.
    07-16-13 02:49 PM
    If you bought it when it was $150 or whatever the price was after it was announced that BB10 would becoming to the PlayBook, then you for the price, you got a great tablet..
    after it was announced that BB10 would becoming to the PlayBook,
    then you got a great tablet. you were lied to

Fixed it for you

Some people just like to be deceived
    07-16-13 03:01 PM
    I am disappointed, but not surprised. They haven't done anything major with the PB, and the brand as a whole. BlackBerry is done.
    Robert Roger and kabelace like this.
    07-16-13 03:07 PM
    Very disappointing. The way they have handled the PlayBook the past year has really been a joke. Terrible PR for them with some of their best customers. The Playbook for me was a good $130 tablet that does basic things fairly well, but I would not buy another BB product given how this went down. I was hoping at least for a keyboard tweak and some browser work. Too bad, so sad!
    Robert Roger and califlefty like this.
    07-16-13 03:12 PM
    Well finally some truth thats all people ask for.

The next question should be do they have any intention of releasing other tablets.Tell him again to tell the truth no bull**** answers,no stalling.They have already proved to us that they can't release products outside of phones.So its best he tells the truth on the tablet front.Instead of continue to bleed even more users then release a product no one wants end up with stock inventory and repeat the same failure.But yeah this would be the perfect time to let people know where BB stand on the tablet front once and for all.This was a nice earner but with every silence they **** it down the drain.

We need answers and we prefer the truth now its best for him to clarify this.And manage to still keep a nice money earner cause these users are moving elsewhere.We we would like clarification if BB admit defeat in this space,This way people can stop asking about the playbook and just move on to other well priced tablets like the fires and nexus.

So someone just tweet him if BB will continue to create new tablets.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 07-16-13 at 05:40 PM.
    madman0141 likes this.
    07-16-13 03:13 PM
    The fate of PlayBook is a bad omen for the fate of BlackBerry or RIM as a company. I feel bad these days reading all these bad news regarding this company and their products. Other products will face the same treatment as the PlayBook if they can one day survive. They can't make BB10 run smoothly, what a joke and bad lie from a CEO that I used to trust. If you can't, find and hire someone(CEO or developers) that can!

P'S: I own two PlayBook and two Z10s.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 03:14 PM
    The only update I'd like to see for my Playbook is Bridge like it did with my 9800. If I can't have BB10 I'd at the very least like Bridge. Right now all we can use is remote control and there's limited usages for that.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    07-16-13 03:16 PM
732 123 ...