Troll alert!!
    Don't know how I'm a troll. I had just got done trying to surf the Web, checking news banking etc and had just experienced all of the issues I stated and routinely see and experience these issues as well as numerous others. Other than the larger screen my Android cell phone using data is quicker with less problems. I think RIM has a great product here but software is surely lacking. As a previous BB owner this always seems to be the case with RIM.

On a more positive note playbook takes awesome video, comparable to higher priced camcorders. Also watching videos is great as well.

I have found on this Site that no one should be critical of RIM or the playbook or face being labeled a troll. I am glad that I bought this for $199 and not the $500 original price as its no where worth that in my opinion and that's what it is is my opinion.
    08-09-12 03:58 PM
    what an insulting comment to make, this site is getting so bad for that.

The two comments above you that started this thread both have genuine limitations and issues mentioned.

J
    Is that a fact? Seems to me post #2 contains no factual issues and is complete and utter drivel, troll seems a fair enough description
    luqman24 likes this.
    08-09-12 04:43 PM
    I totally regret my purchase as well of the playbook! Bought in January's and have come together to loath it. Sucks browsing the Web, slow browser and half the time it crashes. Can't sign into capital one since two updates ago, typing is painful due to lag 90% of the time.

Am hoping but not holding my breath that BB10 will fix things, but I doubt it.
    Don't know how I'm a troll. I had just got done trying to surf the Web, checking news banking etc and had just experienced all of the issues I stated and routinely see and experience these issues as well as numerous others. Other than the larger screen my Android cell phone using data is quicker with less problems. I think RIM has a great product here but software is surely lacking. As a previous BB owner this always seems to be the case with RIM.

On a more positive note playbook takes awesome video, comparable to higher priced camcorders. Also watching videos is great as well.

I have found on this Site that no one should be critical of RIM or the playbook or face being labeled a troll. I am glad that I bought this for $199 and not the $500 original price as its no where worth that in my opinion and that's what it is is my opinion.
    See the bold text? Your two posts are somewhat contradictory.
    You may have a legitimate problem with your banking site but the rest was just a rant about loathing the Playbook. Obviously most Playbook owners don't have the browsing, crashing, typing lag problems you seem to have so rather than just ranting about it try to find out what the problem is.
    08-09-12 05:31 PM
    See the bold text? Your two posts are somewhat contradictory.
    You may have a legitimate problem with your banking site but the rest was just a rant about loathing the Playbook. Obviously most Playbook owners don't have the browsing, crashing, typing lag problems you seem to have so rather than just ranting about it try to find out what the problem is.
    Most playbook owners dont have the browser crashing,typing lag problems that I seem to have!? Are you serious? That is one of the most complained about things on here. My last post I tried to give some of the positives that I DO see with the playbook as I realized my first post was all negative and I wanted to point out some of the positives that I did see. Realistically though I use my playbook to browse the Web ninety percent of the time and this is where the problem is that I have seen and reading numerous posts from others regarding the same issue. There are times where I have not used the playbook to search because it can be frustrating.

And to clarify its the hardware that I think RIM got it right,it's the software that is and has been lacking. I'm not pulling this opinion out of my hat, I have been a previous BB owner who had similar frustrations.

I am hoping that RIM can fix the problem that I and others have been having.
    08-09-12 06:10 PM
    Most playbook owners dont have the browser crashing,typing lag problems that I seem to have!? Are you serious? That is one of the most complained about things on here.
    Yes I am serious.
    Most Playbook owners are not Crackberry members and out of the owners that are members I doubt 50% have these problems. I don't.
    I'm beginning to wonder why some people have these problems, some don't and some have completely different problems. I wonder how many versions of hardware RIM has used with these.
    08-09-12 07:55 PM
    Yes I am serious.
    Most Playbook owners are not Crackberry members and out of the owners that are members I doubt 50% have these problems. I don't.
    I'm beginning to wonder why some people have these problems, some don't and some have completely different problems. I wonder how many versions of hardware RIM has used with these.
    Have to side with you on this one, have heard little or no complaints about browser crash since 2.0 and the only typing lag I experience is with my bluetooth keyboard.
    08-10-12 04:26 PM
    So did the op try to use bridge as many suggested? Was there a reason they could not do this? Am I missing the reasoning as to why they couldn't do this?
    I'd suggest files and folders too but I understand that buying software isn't always an option but bridge is built right in?
    crackberryjill likes this.
    08-10-12 04:58 PM
    Going to eat some crow now.

After I finally read the instructions on how to download the 2.1 beta version I finally installed it yesterday.

I have been using PB like crazy since then and almost every complaint I had has either been totally fixed or greatly improved upon. And even the ones that weren't completely fixed is livable due to the smoother UI.

If the final release had even more improvements THEN BB10 this will be one awesome tablet!

I knew problems I was experiencing was software related and it is being fixed and am much happier. When final release of 2.1 comes out with even more improvements I might even buy one for the wife and my two boys.
    08-11-12 11:04 AM
    OP, what exactly is your concern here?

You have 2 options already existing on the PlayBook.

1.) Download file directly on PlayBook, if Bridged @ 1.5 mbps max speed through 3G.
    - In 'Save to' dialog box, you can select the Bridged BB phone as save location.

2.) Download file directly on PlayBook, share from PlayBook to BB Phone via Files & Folders. Paid application, no alternate free app available.

I believe there is a Free and a Paid solution to your problem.

Let's close this thread because the disappointment is, like in most cases, because the user does not know how to go about.
    There is a cheaper one for bluetooth file transfer between the Playbook and a BlackBerry phone, similar to File & Folders, called PlayCloud.
    08-11-12 11:40 AM
    I just bought a blackberry two weeks ago and it works great. The graphics are good, surfs the net and pick up hotspots easily. I just installed the Blackberry software on my pc and now I can transfer files, movies, videos, pictures, documents etc. easily using the usb cord. The only problem I've had is trying to get file sharing to work on my home wireless network [without the usb cord] I've typed in my Blackberry ip address on my pc but it still won't recognize my Blackberry on the network [no problem using the cable] Any tips? This is my only disappointment but it's just a minor inconvenience. [I know the ipad has similar problems]

The blackberry playbook is about 50% the cost of the ipad mini and is a much better value for the money. I just have one other problem, my husband a apple user is always taking my Blackberry playbook and using it at starbucks for web surfing. He can fit it into his coat pocket and now he wants to buy one.

Maria
    12-02-12 12:23 PM
    I just bought a blackberry two weeks ago and it works great. The graphics are good, surfs the net and pick up hotspots easily. I just installed the Blackberry software on my pc and now I can transfer files, movies, videos, pictures, documents etc. easily using the usb cord. The only problem I've had is trying to get file sharing to work on my home wireless network [without the usb cord] I've typed in my Blackberry ip address on my pc but it still won't recognize my Blackberry on the network [no problem using the cable] Any tips? This is my only disappointment but it's just a minor inconvenience. [I know the ipad has similar problems]

The blackberry playbook is about 50% the cost of the ipad mini and is a much better value for the money. I just have one other problem, my husband a apple user is always taking my Blackberry playbook and using it at starbucks for web surfing. He can fit it into his coat pocket and now he wants to buy one.

Maria
    There's a blog on how to setup wifi sharing - unfortunately, my Crackberry Search keeps stalling at "Loading" and then stops.

A second pb would be cheaper than divorce so send him shopping!
    12-02-12 12:54 PM

Maria
    Just stating the obvious, in settings> storage & sharing is the wifi sharing turned on? Forgot to turn back on after a security wipe.
    12-02-12 07:16 PM
    To the OP, Download Files and Folders from the appworld, you should be able to browse the video on your phone and copy and paste to your playbook.

Ps. Make sure you bridged the devices befores doing that.
    Also, you cannot download anything from appworld when you are using bridge as your data source. You will need wifi. Be it hotspot on your BlackBerry or a regular wifi hotspot.

A good suggestion non-the-less.
    12-02-12 11:48 PM
    Hi

I also recently bought PB, i just wonder if u can help me, i wish to transfere my videos from my laptop via USB cable to my tap, what do i need, coz i tried it but nothint happens....
    02-23-13 07:14 AM
    I don't know what you mean by 'tap'.
    When you connect your Playbook to your laptop using the USB cable the Blackberry Device Manager should create a new drive on your laptop. By default it is drive Z:.
    Just copy your video files from the laptop to Z:\videos.
    02-23-13 09:11 AM
    Hi

I also recently bought PB, i just wonder if u can help me, i wish to transfere my videos from my laptop via USB cable to my tap, what do i need, coz i tried it but nothint happens....
    More info please. Did you install the Desktop Software or the new Link software? Drivers are generally needed so that the pb shows up as an additional "attached" drive (generally Z when the usb is plugged in.

There's also wifi-sharing which can do it without a cable.

WiFi Fileshare

once you have the wired connection set up go back to my computer and do the following (this is for windows 7, other versions should be similar)

before beginning, ensure your playbook and PC are both connected to the same wireless signal, and that "file sharing" and "wifi sharing" are both on in the storage & security tab of the settings menu

-just above the file explorer in the header or the my computer window there will be an option called "map a network drive"
    -click on it and in the new window that pops up select the drive letter you would like to correspond with your playbook's wireless connection (i used Z)
    -in the folder section you will type the ip address of your playbook followed by specifically locating the media folder. it should look as follows:
    \\111.111.1.11\media
    -replace the 1's above with the actual ip address of your playbook. This can be found in your settings menu, in the about section. there will be a dropdown menu in this section that has an option for Network.
    -once in the network section of the about tab you will find your ip address. it is the one referred to as IPv4. you can ignore the grayed out / and 2 numbers at the end. All you need it the number corresponding with the 1's showed above.
    -enter your ip address that you have now found into the map a network drive window and click ok. This drive will now be available in the my computer window.

your wireless file transfer is now setup

map wifi wi-fi

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/
    02-23-13 09:18 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD