As some of you have may have heard, RIM has set up shop for a few weeks at a popular market in the Chelsea neighborhood in New York. Since I live in the area I stopped by and was amazed at how different the presentation of the Playbook was between this place and Best Buy. At Best Buy, you are lucky to find a working Playbook, and when you do it's often dirty and the salespeople don't know much about it. At this event, there were tons of nice salespeople on hand (and models, lol) and just about every Playbook was pristine and worked very well. You can buy a Playbook there and they will include the rapid charger, a case, and an HDMI cable.

The decor was attractive, with lots of blue neon and was overall a nice experience. I can't help but think that if the Playbook were introduced like this at the beginning, and had a complete OS, then it would have been a success. If RIM makes a similar effort when BB10 is finally released then there is hope.
    Ben1232, kbz1960 and hpjrt like this.
    07-13-12 03:22 PM
    That's great! I hate how tech stores doll-up the ipad stands infront of every other display and other brands/platforms are luck to have a charged working display infront of the information sheet with the device's picture...
    07-13-12 03:33 PM
    That's great! I hate how tech stores doll-up the ipad stands infront of every other display and other brands/platforms are luck to have a charged working display infront of the information sheet with the device's picture...
    Yeah, presentation is everything.
    07-13-12 03:53 PM
    As I've said before I'd like to go see that. Did you get any pics OP. Models & PlayBooks etc
    07-13-12 03:53 PM
    The models were hot---particularly the 64GB one.
    07-13-12 04:00 PM
    As I've said before I'd like to go see that. Did you get any pics OP. Models & PlayBooks etc
    I didn't get any pics unfortunately, but it's open until the 23rd. Maybe I'll go back later. Did I mention they are serving cocktails later? Lol
    07-13-12 04:12 PM
    I didn't get any pics unfortunately, but it's open until the 23rd. Maybe I'll go back later. Did I mention they are serving cocktails later? Lol
    Aha nice, for me its nearly worth the commute.
    07-13-12 04:14 PM
    How much were they selling the Playbook, rapid charger, case, and an HDMI cable packages for?
    anson1331 likes this.
    07-13-12 04:19 PM
    If they were giving the rapid charger, case, and HDMI for free with the purchase of the PlayBook at the new lower price.... im going to feel soooo jealous.... D;
    07-13-12 04:40 PM
    Me also

07-13-12 04:44 PM
    How much were they selling the Playbook, rapid charger, case, and an HDMI cable packages for?
    They said it will be $249 for 32GB bundle and $299 for the 64 GB bundle. So, same price as always only including the extras. Unfortunately, no bundle offer for the 16 GB model.
    07-13-12 05:14 PM
    WHHHHHHAT...I GOT RIPPED OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    but i should be grateful..cause those people who bought the playbook originally at the full price got even MORE ripped off so i shouldn't go all crazy..
    07-13-12 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD