I've seen several issues regarding charging a PB when completely discharged.
    However, not sure if the problem I'm having is the same.
    PB was completely discharged, had the notification, 0% red battery icon, noise, but it was connected (my kids).
    I connect it using the wall charger it was shipped with.
    1. After 3 seconds It shows a red led.
    2. After 15 seconds red led disappear and an icon (red battery and white volt) appears about 15 seconds.
    3. Then a green solid led appears.
    4. After aproximately 20 seconds the BlackBerry PlayBook icon appears in the screen, and it starts booting.
    5. It boots, and the battery icon says 100%, after a few seconds it says 0%. Sometimes it goes back to 100%.
    6. If I disconnect it from the charger, it turn off.

It has happened before, and I've been doing stack charging after the red battery icon disappears. And eventually, the led start changing colour, perhaps green but glowing, and eventually it displays 10% of battery when booted, and I complete charging it.

Any idea.

It seems to me I haven't seen this problem. Most of the problems are that it doesn't charge at all.

Thanks!.

Note: I know, this is an old product. But I use it a lot, to listen music, or browse the net.
    05-14-14 04:39 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

How long did you let it sit on the charger? I've had some wonky things happen with the PlayBook battery that in all honesty were fixed just by leaving the PlayBook plugged in, and alone, for a solid 24 hours.

Are you able to use it enough to give it a security wipe (factory reset)? (If so, back up your PlayBook first, this will wipe it!)
    05-15-14 08:06 AM