04-18-11 08:46 AM
    YES! Playbook, meet PS3...PS3, meet Playbook. Now you two play nice.
    04-18-11 09:02 AM
    Being that I am admittedly ignorant about this kind of stuff I will ask... does this mean that I won't need the micro HDMI cable to send movies from my PlayBook to my wireless capable HDTV?
    04-18-11 09:25 AM
    Being that I am admittedly ignorant about this kind of stuff I will ask... does this mean that I won't need the micro HDMI cable to send movies from my PlayBook to my wireless capable HDTV?
    Few TV's are DLNA compliant at this point but if your TV is networked or even your BluRay player is networked, it has a chance of being DLNA compliant. To check, have a look at Home - DLNA I'm not sure how up-to-date it is but I have checked it regularly to see if the PlayBook popped up
    04-18-11 09:34 AM
    #winning!
    04-18-11 12:13 PM
    sweet, this means ill be streaming stuff all over my house, and ill be able to do the same at work, good news!
    04-18-11 12:27 PM
    I have a wirelessly networked PS3 hooked up to my TV.

I would be able to stream videos from the PS3 to the Playbook, or from the Playbook to the PS3/TV...or both?

Also, I am a teacher and was looking forward to using the HDMI output to play PowerPoint presentations/videos for my class. Would there be a way to wirelessly do this?

Thanks in advance!
    04-18-11 12:39 PM
    Yep, I already mentioned this one coming in my BlackBerry PlayBook Review last week. During my briefing they mentioned it to me. They didn't say how soon it would be, but it definitely seemed like a sooner rather than later sort of thing. Definitely will add an awesome layer of functionality to the PlayBook.
    04-18-11 01:10 PM
    i thought this was already on the device and ready at launch?
    04-18-11 01:13 PM
    Any updates on this?

Is this really "coming soon" or
    is it more like the "coming soon"/rumors etc that Storm kept expecting that never came.
    06-03-11 03:21 PM
    Any news on this for OS2? I really hope they have this feature as it would really add some awesome functionality.
    01-02-12 11:58 PM
    I have a wirelessly networked PS3 hooked up to my TV.

I would be able to stream videos from the PS3 to the Playbook, or from the Playbook to the PS3/TV...or both?

Also, I am a teacher and was looking forward to using the HDMI output to play PowerPoint presentations/videos for my class. Would there be a way to wirelessly do this?

Thanks in advance!
    yea, you can. you'll just need a box for the TV that is compliant with the spec. google it and you'll find a few for not much cash. then your mobile with playbook in hand, very good.
    01-03-12 12:48 AM
    Kevin, do you know, will it perform as server, client or both? I'm really hoping for client. These are some cool featues, was excited to see mkv is supported in 2.0. Exciting news.
    01-03-12 01:33 AM
    Look Ma.... no wires!!! Good news indeed!

(Oh crap! I just noticed the date on the article! Oh well. Maybe with 2.0?)
    Last edited by sllock; 01-03-12 at 11:30 AM.
    01-03-12 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD