Just checked out if it's still possible to buy a new PlayBook here in the UK and it seems like it's no longer stocked anywhere!

Curry's, PC world, car phone warehouse even the official blackberry shop doesn't stock it on its website!

So is this the official end!? Need an update from BlackBerry!

Crackberry: let's see an article about this!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:15 PM
    its been like this for at least 6 months in Canada... and only some retailers selling refurbished models.

Is it the end?

No, BlackBerry 10 is the beginning! Bring on PlayBook V2!
    06-26-13 12:17 PM
    Expansys have 100+ in stock. 129 for the 64Gb model. That was the same price PC World were selling it at.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:47 PM
    I always thought they quit making them a long time ago. They had millions of them that weren't selling.
    06-26-13 12:53 PM
    Just checked out if it's still possible to buy a new PlayBook here in the UK and it seems like it's no longer stocked anywhere!

Curry's, PC world, car phone warehouse even the official blackberry shop doesn't stock it on its website!

So is this the official end!? Need an update from BlackBerry!

Crackberry: let's see an article about this!

Posted via CB10
    If I recall, the did officially discontinue the 16gig. I do not believe there's ever been any announcement on other models but they are definitely in short supply and probably only found on some forgotten shelf in a real store.

They apparently do still have the lte (cell equipped) model available in Canada.
    06-26-13 02:48 PM
    If I recall, the did officially discontinue the 16gig. I do not believe there's ever been any announcement on other models but they are definitely in short supply and probably only found on some forgotten shelf in a real store.

They apparently do still have the lte (cell equipped) model available in Canada.
    Well you know how it is? They "continue to evaluate our tablet strategy, but we have not made any shifts in the short term. When we have new info, we will share it."

As that appears to be the official 'CTRL+C, CTRL+V' whenever we ask about the Playbook, I intend to help them propagate the message in every Playbook thread with this. If its good enough for them Blackberry . . .
    06-26-13 03:51 PM
    This is the end....

06-27-13 07:58 PM