Hey,

yeah it�s a really bad situation. And judging by the reaction of the other users we seem to be a rare species of having the boot problem.

There must be somebody in this forum who can help us:
    Here is where I am at at the moment....
    - same problem as you: If I leave the PB longer than around a minute on the rapid charger it tries to boot. Which will be abondoned after around 1 - 4 minutes (tried switching off WIFI on my router and tried booting in different light conditions)
    - my battery state: pretty constant at 3.97Volts measured on the three little connectors to the motherboard or 4.12Volts measured on the battery itself. Should that be enough to boot usually?

- Stack charging: Does not have any effect as far as I can see as voltage does not augment. I do it with the rapid charger and for around 55 secs cause after that it will try to boot. I get the red light, then a longer (not pulsating) green light and if I take it off the charger it shows the plug with the lightning on screen. Once the green light disappears I can leave it on for around 20 to 30 secs more until I take it off to avoid the booting

-DEBRICK: No success either although at start it seemed promising as I got the permanent GREEN LIGHT during the whole connection and download of update to 2.10.xxxx
    Buuuut when the BB Desktop tells me that a connection to the playbook is trying to be made - the playbook just does its strange booting process again and from there on no more green light or connection is possible.

PLEAAAASE HELP!! I do not think BB support will know anything about this...

Sadly, no.
    I really dont understand the behaviour of my pb.
    1. If the battery dont have enough juice, why the pb going to boot up halfway whenever I connect it to rapid charger.
    2. If theres a software, where it is still the same after several time software repair via BlackBerry dekstop manager and now new os update?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:45 AM
    Maslowest,

I had called BlackBerry support and what they had told me to do what is so called debricked method.

I read somewhere in the CB forum that his PB having the same booting problem like us. Luckily his still under warranty, sent it back to BlackBerry and after that been told the PB cant be repaired and replaced with a new one.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:59 AM
    Obviously, it is possible that there are hardware problems on these pb's and that none of the normal RECHARGING methods will work. If that's the case, I'm not sure what else can be done other than a paid-repair, warranty or a new/used pb. Or a cell/tablet repair shop that might be able to key on the faulty aspect.

Good luck
    09-18-13 11:15 AM
    I had the same issue with my Playbook. I contacted Blackberry and they issued me an RMA to see if they could fix it. Of course, this was after they had me reload the OS via the Desktop Software which I thought was a strange idea since I have several years of IT support knowledge, but I figured, "What's the worst that can happen?" I mean, I am only using my Playbook for Evernote to sync my notes at work and for the Apollo App.

I tried Stack Charging and nothing... This sucks. I hope that since BB has given up on the PB that they will at least fix whatever small issue it is and send me a fully charged, fully functional Playbook so that I can have it back for work. I haven't posted in a while because quite frankly, I'm still pretty disappointed in BB's decision to give up on what I truly believe is a FANTASTIC Tablet. Even without the Bridge use since I have an Android phone & a Nexus for everything else... I love my Playbook and would like to keep using it...
    09-18-13 12:32 PM
    I had the same issue with my Playbook. I contacted Blackberry and they issued me an RMA to see if they could fix it. Of course, this was after they had me reload the OS via the Desktop Software which I thought was a strange idea since I have several years of IT support knowledge, but I figured, "What's the worst that can happen?" I mean, I am only using my Playbook for Evernote to sync my notes at work and for the Apollo App.

I tried Stack Charging and nothing... This sucks. I hope that since BB has given up on the PB that they will at least fix whatever small issue it is and send me a fully charged, fully functional Playbook so that I can have it back for work. I haven't posted in a while because quite frankly, I'm still pretty disappointed in BB's decision to give up on what I truly believe is a FANTASTIC Tablet. Even without the Bridge use since I have an Android phone & a Nexus for everything else... I love my Playbook and would like to keep using it...
    So they give you a new PB or they are able to fix that for you.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:23 PM
    Obviously, it is possible that there are hardware problems on these pb's and that none of the normal RECHARGING methods will work. If that's the case, I'm not sure what else can be done other than a paid-repair, warranty or a new/used pb. Or a cell/tablet repair shop that might be able to key on the faulty aspect.

Good luck
    F2, I still believe this problem caused by the famous depleted battery design by so called BlackBerry engineer. My pb work fastastically before the battery went zero.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:26 PM
    Then all you can do is keep trying the Stack charge. Did you open your pb and take the battery connectors OFF, then reconnect?
    09-19-13 12:16 AM
    Then all you can do is keep trying the Stack charge. Did you open your pb and take the battery connectors OFF, then reconnect?
    F2, did that as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 02:33 AM
    Here is the battery charging behavior reference.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...pl#documentTop

Have you seen light flash sequence which would help tell you what the problem is?
    09-19-13 11:56 AM
    My Playbook started doing the same thing 6 months after I bought it! I've tried everything said on all of these posts! A little insight to the problem first when I tried to charged it the battery only got to 90% charge after 8 hours charging on the original PB charger it came with, then to 80% , then 70% and so on until it only got to 5% after 8 hours of charge, after that everytime I plugged it to charge the PB would turn on fully and then quickly turn off!! I was extremely disappointed with RIM (BB) as my Torch 9860 died that same week, after having it for less than a year! So I tossed the PB to one side and forgot about it for about 4 months... I then decided to started reading the related threads and post about this problem and I've tried everything Stack Chargin, Debrick and many other methods (I've still have not teared it open though) I've even though in buying a PB battery but they cost US$ 77 on Amazon With the regular charger that came with the PB it fist turns on a RED light, followed by the Battery Lighting Symbol and then a Yellow Light, it keeps doing this over and over again in an endless cycle! Recently I bought the Rapid Magnetic Charger and the PB does the same the only thing is that after the Yellow Light it boots up (when I saw this I literally jumped as I thought it magically fixed it self!) only to be disappointed once again as it dies in the process of booting up! I literally don't know what to do and I've even tried installing the PB OS again which through the hour long process a Green Light is shown and in the finally stages when the Desktop Manger tries to connect to PB it says that there was an error in connecting with the PB and the Green Light turns off! Honestly I've never though RIM (BB) could sell such crappy products! I've still have two Curves 8250 which are working just fine after having them for nearly 4 four years! Please help me cause it's a shame that all that money that I spent buying the PB and accessories are going to waste! Any one with a better solution please chip in! Worst part I live in Dominican Republic and there is NO RIM (BB) help line that I can talk to!!
    10-30-13 07:26 AM
    This is the best explanation that I have had for recovering a dead playbook. The main lesson that I have learned from it is to use the correct charger!!! In my household we have so many micro USB chargers from phones, cameras etc. and most of the time any one is fine for simply charging. However, when the Playbook gets too low it is essential that you use a charger that puts out at least 2mA, not USB to computer and not most phone chargers. Check the output on the charger.

Thanks again.
    11-09-13 09:16 AM
    My Blackberry Playbook wouldn't charge so I tried stack charging it. I have been plugging it in for 60 sec. unplugging it for 1-2 sec. plugging it in for 60 sec I have been doing this for over 1 hour now and still nothing. Does anyone know how long this could possibly take? Before I started the stacking process, I was getting th efalshing red lightfollowed by the flassing yellow lights on my PB.I have not tried to restart the PB as the post stated that this would drain the battery again. However, I'm still not getting the charge icon on my PB. It's just black and nothing is happening. Does anyone know if this stacking method actually works and how long it could possibly take? If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Just wanted to add that the charger I am using is the original BB PB charger and it is 1.8. Will that work?
    11-20-13 02:24 PM
    SAME issue

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 12:32 PM
    Hi Isham,

I have the exact same issue as you. Can stack charge up to the point were the Playbook tried to reboot. Its attempt at rebooting uses every bit of power available. So have to start stack charging all over again. Did you resolve your issue? Is there a way to get the Playbook Fully off so I can recharge it?

Many thanks 2berry
    12-14-13 06:10 PM
    Instead of plugging in and unplugging the power cable to stack charge, I used a power bar to cut off and on the power.

I was able to successfully revive my playbook, after being completely discharged for 2 months.

Good luck.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-07-14 11:38 PM
    What is power bar, if I may ask.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 05:32 AM
    What is power bar, if I may ask.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry playbook dead battery,did Stack charging, playbook boots but dies in process to nothing.-sockets_power_cube_bar_smart_power_strip.jpg

Use the button on the strip.
    01-08-14 06:00 AM
    Similar problem to many in this thread:

I've had a BlackBerry Playbook since late 2011. Never any problems until now. Left the battery run low, then left in it a bag where the swipe-activate probably forced it to continue to draw power.

The situation:
    - The OS will boot, but the battery indicator at top right is red with no lightning bolt, and when tapped shows 0%.
    - Upon shutdown, the red light goes on for 8-10 seconds and the large red battery symbol appears with the lightning bolt, after which point the screen goes grey (lit, not black) and the yellow/green light flashes.
    Initially this was encouraging, as this is normal charging behaviour as described elsewhere.

But, the problem:
    - Instead of continuing to charge until fully battery is fully charged (indicator LED green) at a certain point the OS boot sequence will begin (BlackBerry Playbook logo with different color circles).
    - OS boot will completely successfully, and here we are again with the battery indicator at 0% and not charging (no lightning bolt).

I have only ever used the factory charging cable, and have had no charging problems to date. Clearly the PB is drawing power as I left it plugged in all day and while the battery indicator remained at 0%, it downloaded all of my emails over the course of 12 hours.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

EDIT: So one thing I hadn't tried was unplug from power source and see what happens. I've been running battery intensive stuff (Madden '12, video, audio) for about 45 minutes and it's still going. Incorrectly showing the battery at 0% is an annoying but possibly less terminal class of problem.
    Last edited by jonovision1; 01-08-14 at 09:30 PM.
    01-08-14 08:31 PM
    my PB has been dead for almost 6 months. tried all the stack charging method, repair the software and even open up the back cover to disconnect the battery with no success.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 10:42 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I've read this forum for a while and never really got around to posting.

I'm hoping for some help.

My partner has a Playbook, 64gb. A few weeks ago I went to use it and found it completely dead. I tried to charge it but it wouldn't charge, so I've purchased a Rapid charger.

Now, The problems i'm seeing are this;

1 long red light followed by 5 blinking yellow lights
    1 red light for 5 seconds then a red battery symbol on the screen for 6/7 seconds, followed by the blackberry loading page for about a minute before starting again.

It's one or the other of the above depending how the Playbook feels i'm guessing.

It did the blackberry loading screen last and is now off, but still plugged in, will this be charging? Will this work? Or do I need to do more to get this working?

Thanks
    10-06-14 04:35 AM
    It will have a flashing yellow light which will flash green when fully chargered if it is charging and not booted.

Posted via CB10
    thechew88 likes this.
    10-06-14 06:41 AM
    My PB was at about 40% then gave an error message (which I unfortunately did not record). I powered off then on, the red light came on, then a red battery symbol with a lightning bolt, then a green light, at which point it got to the "Blackberry Playbook" screen with a black background.
    Tried to Debrick. Got a error message " there was an error updating your software" "An error has occurred while downloading the BlackBerry� Desktop Software. Please try again."
    11-09-14 06:33 PM
47 12