Seriously folks, as someone who has owned both the iPad 2 and the Playbook, the girls love the iPad way more. They see that apple logo and you have a new best buddy. It's cool and hip to them, the Playbook is not.

Girls would ask if the Playbook was an iPad, but upon finding out it wasn't interest was gone.

Apple is where it's at with the ladies. Now geeky men are probably a different story.
    Keep telling yourself that.. maybe you'll get lucky.
    (and yeah, i have both (ipad and playbook) too)

i know i'm a minority but i don't go out everyday parading my gadgets to the subway, coffee shop, gas station etc
    05-17-11 08:16 AM
    That makes sense. Why pull out your BB phone and check it when you can get your PB out and connect to the slow bridge. And then try to type an email on it without making any mistakes that you have to manually go back and try to fix b

Read above and I wasn't criticizing him. If you think it's cool to pull out a tablet at a baseball game to check email then by all means please do so. If you think that's not lame then have at it. I wouldn't do it (besides being counter productive) it's not something you need at a sporting event. And you need to get more of a life if you feel you have to pull the PB out while walking home.

Well it seemed like criticism to me. I don't care about sporting events, so I won't ever have that problem. If I did though, and I needed to check something quickly, I would pull it out. That's your choice. How does that mean I need more of a life? I don't have to pull it out anywhere, just like I didn't have to buy it. I pull it out while I walk home so I don't have to just stare the direction I'm walking for half n hour.
    05-17-11 08:38 AM
    I think it is cool that as I am typing this on my playbook, I have 40 GB of HD movies I got from the cool Sweeds of The Pirate Bay, syncing to my playbook, from my laptop. I think it is cool that RIM could pack all this technology into 425 grams.

Does the playbook make me cool? I could care less, but I take it with me where ever I go. Most people have no idea what it is here, but some who do notice want one, but they cant buy one here yet, so maybe those people think I am cool.

Anyway the cool thing to say here is that, I do love the fact that the playbook is fully functional while you are syncing, so I will say that RIM is very cool for adding this feature to the playbook.
    Last edited by Schlymer; 05-17-11 at 09:50 AM.
    05-17-11 08:48 AM
    Seriously folks, as someone who has owned both the iPad 2 and the Playbook, the girls love the iPad way more. They see that apple logo and you have a new best buddy. It's cool and hip to them, the Playbook is not.

Girls would ask if the Playbook was an iPad, but upon finding out it wasn't interest was gone.

Apple is where it's at with the ladies. Now geeky men are probably a different story.
    WTF does one get girls these days by having certain electronic gadgets? I must be getting old, LOL.
    05-17-11 09:10 AM
    WTF does one get girls these days by having certain electronic gadgets? I must be getting old, LOL.
    Simple statement of fact.

Way more people, including women, are interested in the iPad.

Doesn't matter to me since I'm married with kids, but it is what it is. It's called marketing.
    05-17-11 09:34 AM
    You know what would make someone cool? If they stream an old school hip hop channel on Slacker and carry the PlayBook on their shoulder like a ghettoblaster.
    Research In Motion is waiting to release the BlackBerry GhettoBook just in time for the summer. The GhettoBook will be a whopping 25-inch tablet to appeal to the "bigger is better crowd." Just kidding!
    05-17-11 09:58 AM
    Way more people, including women, are interested in the iPad.
    Women are still waiting for Apple to release the MaxiPad with extra protection. Oh that is so bad...
    05-17-11 09:59 AM
    If you go out and walk around with it, does it make you cool?

What about girls?

If you walk around with an iPad, does it make you cool?
    Move to Alaska--you'll always be "cool". No purchase necessary.
    05-17-11 10:04 AM
    Damn it:
    05-17-11 10:31 AM
    I'm not sure about "cool", but a PlayBook in public is way less douchey than an iPad.

The size is more subtle, the look is more unassuming, and if you put it in a case book-style case it's very, very unassuming.

So maybe not cool, but definitely way more usable in every day real world life. Busting out an iPad in public makes me feel like a dork. PlayBook in public more acceptable.

Give it a couple more years and you'll see it everywhere that it won't matter anymore.
    kbz1960 and bryanhayn like this.
    05-17-11 10:48 AM
    I'll tell you how cool it is.

I've been a smartphone buff since the Handspring Treo 180 (yeah, you read that right. Go Google it you youngsters!)

And all that time I've been hearing people on forums and magazines etc. talking about getting Vaja cases for their gadgets. And every time I go over to Vaja - Leather Products and look at the item in question... and then the price tag...

And I laugh and think to myself "Some idiots have more money than sense, mayne" (yes, I add an accent too. Don't know why.)

But today, guess what? I became one of those idiots and ordered a Vaja case for my PB.

I know it is dumb. But it looks soooooo cool!
    05-17-11 10:53 AM
    You and me both! Back in my day you hid your gadgets when girls were around and laughed at the dorks who carried them (openly).
    05-17-11 10:57 AM
    I'll tell you how cool it is.

I've been a smartphone buff since the Handspring Treo 180 (yeah, you read that right. Go Google it you youngsters!)

And all that time I've been hearing people on forums and magazines etc. talking about getting Vaja cases for their gadgets. And every time I go over to Vaja - Leather Products and look at the item in question... and then the price tag...

And I laugh and think to myself "Some idiots have more money than sense, mayne" (yes, I add an accent too. Don't know why.)

But today, guess what? I became one of those idiots and ordered a Vaja case for my PB.

I know it is dumb. But it looks soooooo cool!
    I LOVED Handspring! Had a Visor for years!
    05-17-11 11:06 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD