Hello all,
    I'm writing this for my step father. He has a Blackberry Playbook that's out of warranty so Blackberry won't help him. His blackberry hasn't turned on after the last time he used it. There's no lights saying it's charged and it won't power up. He's sat it in the charger all night, not turning on. I tried to stack charge it, but it's entirely possible I didn't do it for the correct amount of time and I've tried the reset button tips. Is there something I'm missing? Is there another way to try to bring it back to life, so to speak?
    Any amount of help would be greatly appreciated!
    02-21-14 03:46 PM
    Dear newbie this playbook has probably had. It so I recommend selling it for parts or buying a new one or you could purchase a new warranty for the playbook
    Hope this helps you.
    02-21-14 06:23 PM
    I wouldn't suggest you try it unless you know what you're doing but some have jump started theirs. Not sure if that's the term they used to search for but again if you don't know what you're doing don't attempt it and if you do it's at your own risk.
    02-21-14 06:43 PM
    Can you give us some more information? Do you know the approximate age of the PB? Does your step father know about what charge was left after he was done with it and placed it on the charger, e.g was the battery icon % charge indicator green, yellow, or red? How exactly did you do the stack charge, how many times and how long did you leave the charger on? Do you have a rapid or standard charger? What reset button tips did you try exactly? If it is a battery failure, stack charging won't help obviously and you might have to take it to a shop. Or just buy some replacement if repair costs are too great. If you are so inclined, there are DIY guides around.
    02-21-14 07:21 PM
    I'm wondering if the battery is super drained...

If you and/or step father have little time to try multiple methods, I would suggest these two methods:

1. Use the charger that came with the PlayBook and charge it overnight, making sure that after you plug it in, it doesn't power up even a little bit - plug it in and make sure the screen doesn't have a very low glow from the backlighting. (I see that you have tried this, but try again, making sure about the backlight.)

2. Plug the PlayBook into a USB port of a computer. This will charge the PlayBook very, very, very slowly. You may want to leave it plugged in this way for two days. The objective of doing this is to trickle charge the battery to a state where you can charge it with the normal charger afterward. What will hopefully happen is that after two days on the USB charger, when you plug in the normal charger, you will see the battery with lightning bolt indicator.

These two methods aren't the fastest, but they require no active monitoring/activity on your part.
    02-21-14 07:40 PM