Either you're a super ultimate fanboy or delusional, or a bit of both.

I'll confess I'm an apple guy but I prefer the playbook over my iPad. I really do. The 7' size factor has won me over.

But saying that there is nothing wrong with the playbook is just wrong. Who needs autocorrect? Who needs native mail when you can just rock the browser version like its '98.

Take the pro-RIM and anti-Apple blinders off and step into reality man!
    Get a grip sonny, no need to be an azz for a 6 post newbie. One more thing kid, don't call me a fanboy.
    12-22-11 07:14 PM
    Yes, all I want is native email, autocorrect, a better ereader alternative and netflix support. All of which are in the iPad.

iOS functionality (and apps) coupled with playbook hardware would be amazing.
    I don't need any of those things. Can I say there is nothing wrong with the PB?
    12-22-11 07:22 PM
    Apologies accepted, I probably took the response too personally too. So apologies too.

In fairness of balance.

The PB has a lot going for it and I would be the first to champion some of it's redeeming qualities. In fact I did so in post 10 in this thread.

I want the device to work, I honestly do. If we are all honest we would all say RIM are dragging their feet, we would just differ on how far they are dragging them.

I response to your reply. I did check out reviews before purchase and was offered serious advice from the sales assistant I purchased it from. Certain questions don't come to mind however, and to extent are assumed to be naturally present in a professional tablet. Email spell check, contextual keyboard, saving email attachments, off line saving of bridged email to the PB (on that note I asked and was told yes it was possible) and a range of other things. Nearly all of which I assumed would be present. I expected it to be able to do at least what my BB curve could do and better.

So I am bitter, I sold my Ipad in frustration and moved to the PB.

I guess we all look to tick boxes against what we need from the device... and if it works for you or anyone else... I am really pleased, sincerely pleased.

Most of my boxes are unticked, and I honestly believe RIM could have had these fixed soon after launch. It was an $800 investment to act as a business tool, so being asked to wait for RIM to release fixes in OS2.0 in Nov then Feb is a bit frustrating.

But getting back on subject with the OP, my opinion is simply one of many... take a pinch of salt with it, go pick on up and give it a gander. Just understand what it is good at whilst having a knowledge of its limitations in mind. Again as said before... if you wish to buy a PB I'd honestly hold off till Feb if 2.0 gets pushed out, and see it is a complete OS update. I have a feeling it wont be but I want to be wrong.

Finally again, my apologies for taking things to personally.

Forums and discussion are rarely fun when we all agree.
    Same here, and my apologies also. I have many wishes also for the PB, but even in it's current state, it works better for ME than any competing pad out there. And I realize that doesn't hold true for everyone, which is fine. I also came on strong due to the total bashing and negative comments of late and should have realized that yours were more balanced than I originally thought. I have no problems with disagreement or honest gripes, but there are other forums for brand and model bashing, and this isn't it. Fair evaluation and advice is what we need. Apology accepted and please accept mine. BTW your post seems to be overlyworded. JOKE!!
    Fmar likes this.
    12-22-11 07:34 PM
    Get a grip sonny, no need to be an azz for a 6 post newbie. One more thing kid, don't call me a fanboy.
    what do you expect when you throw out ridiculously wild statements.

On a lighter note, I think Apple will be bought out by RIM in less than a year. The playbook will sell 20M units in 2012 and RIM will drop the iPhone and iPad lines and move a flash enabled version of iOS to the playbook.
    12-22-11 07:50 PM
    I don't need any of those things. Can I say there is nothing wrong with the PB?
    Those are just a simple listing of the things I want, not a comprehensive list of everything that would make the playbook a perfect tablet.
    JK-PhD likes this.
    12-22-11 07:52 PM
    what do you expect when you throw out ridiculously wild statements.

On a lighter note, I think Apple will be bought out by RIM in less than a year. The playbook will sell 20M units in 2012 and RIM will drop the iPhone and iPad lines and move a flash enabled version of iOS to the playbook.
    Look pal, you have already called another good member a fanboy, and now he's banned. You think you can fly under the radar, but you're not getting by me that easy. Give up the trolling and name calling, and stop the backhanded BS fake praise you have for the PB.
    12-22-11 08:09 PM
    One freaking Playbook television commercial in the northern hemisphere would silence all the hyenas who have been circling the RIM wagon train for much too long.
    If a TV commercial is all that takes, RIM would have done it many times by now. They are a little smarter than that.

What do you suggest them to show in the TV commercial, if they launch one now?

I would say making the product really difficult to resist for an average consumer, such that employees in large electronic stores can demo the strong points quickly and easily to potential customers, will be far more efficient than the TV commercial.
    12-22-11 08:16 PM
    Either you're a super ultimate fanboy or delusional, or a bit of both.

I'll confess I'm an apple guy but I prefer the playbook over my iPad. I really do. The 7' size factor has won me over.

But saying that there is nothing wrong with the playbook is just wrong. Who needs autocorrect? Who needs native mail when you can just rock the browser version like its '98.

Take the pro-RIM and anti-Apple blinders off and step into reality man!
    I can deal with you disagreeing with opinions posted, but calling people names, that express their support for PBs, on a PB forum, is unnecessary and uncalled for. You've done it twice in 8 posts now. Are you trying to incite something? It would be appreciated if you could restrain yourself.
    12-22-11 08:51 PM
    Look pal, you have already called another good member a fanboy, and now he's banned. You think you can fly under the radar, but you're not getting by me that easy. Give up the trolling and name calling, and stop the backhanded BS fake praise you have for the PB.
    well Im typing this on my playbook so, fake praise, not so much.

I apologize for offending you although I wouldn't consider the term fanboy a total insult.

It really doesn't have to be all or nothing. Technology can be enjoyed across brand lines.
    12-22-11 08:57 PM
    that express their support for PBs, on a PB forum
    I felt that most people on this forum, even those who have problems with PB, still support PB. But bashing people for complaining about simple features expected out of a quality product shouldn't be allowed either.
    12-22-11 09:02 PM
    I felt that most people on this forum, even those who have problems with PB, still support PB. But bashing people for complaining about simple features expected out of a quality product shouldn't be allowed either.
    agreed. I really want the playbook to succed. It has great potential.

Blind loyalty, however, is counterproductive to progress and improvement.
    12-22-11 09:22 PM
    I agree, most do. But unfortunately there are some that have nothing but negative comments, obvious baiting and insults to share. I've seen three banned recently, but we both know they can appear again under new accounts. It would be nice if we could share opinions, advice,information and even dissenting views without the malicious PB bashing. If you search and read the posts of obvious bashers, you will see a very obvious pattern. Many are trying to ignore these posts, but human nature kicks in and it's hard not to retaliate. I myself am guilty of that. I fear it will continue as long as there are those here whose sole purpose is to incite trouble.
    12-23-11 12:46 AM
    I use Bookreader to read books on my Playbook. I remove the DRM from eBooks first. In my opinion the PB is most conveniently sized for my use.
    Excellent video playback and passable browser.
    DRM rights are a nonissue. Every tablet has the same restrictions, though.
    12-23-11 01:13 AM
    I agree, most do. But unfortunately there are some that have nothing but negative comments, obvious baiting and insults to share. I've seen three banned recently, but we both know they can appear again under new accounts. It would be nice if we could share opinions, advice,information and even dissenting views without the malicious PB bashing. If you search and read the posts of obvious bashers, you will see a very obvious pattern. Many are trying to ignore these posts, but human nature kicks in and it's hard not to retaliate. I myself am guilty of that. I fear it will continue as long as there are those here whose sole purpose is to incite trouble.
    I'm not sure who those are but at the same time, as some already vented on this forum but quickly got deleted, fanboism on PB is unbelievable.
    12-23-11 07:49 AM
114 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD