Perfectly good reasoning. I'm sure you're enjoying your iPad which is what technology is all about.
    The iPad does what I want it to do, so it works. Would be nice to have the Bridge function to use with my 9800, again something that would be useful if I'm on a road trip so I can play around on the internet while someone else is driving, or when I'm waiting hours in an airport that doesn't have free wifi (I'm too cheap to pay for the 3G functionality on the iPad).

If only the PB had come in a 10" size...well, maybe there will be a surprise in February?
    12-21-11 07:57 PM
    That's the problem. The assumption that because YOU don't like it, or it doesn't serve YOUR purpose, it's a universal truth. It's obviously not, or there wouldn't be so many likes and praises of the PB as it is. And that too is ok. You have your opinion, but accept that others disagree with good reason, for themselves. Yes, the pdf reader would benefit with addition support and functions, and would therefore appeal to more people. BUT many owners are finding it works just fine for THEIR needs, not yours. Case in point; At my company, the PB works great for OUR needs as is. The pdf reader is used regularly here for tech manuals and documents and is considered acceptable as is. And I have a feeling that it WILL be upgraded. Since the announcement yesterday that we now have Citrix, we have ordered two more PBs, which will put seven PBs here that serve US better than competing pads, by far. As with the addition of Citrix, there will continue to be upgrades and additional apps. Your view works for you and others, but not me and others.

And your plan of action is EXACTLY the one that has been recommended time and again, as well as the common sense one; get the device that works for YOU. The PB obviously doesn't, and I agree, get rid of it. Now that you've made your decision, is there reason to continue to complain? I sincerely wish you luck
    An overworded and disguised swipe at me. Why? Where have I not accepted someones opinion? Where have I preached my opinion as universal truth? Did you not read my earlier comments in this thread as balanced?

Is there a reason to complain? Yes two mainly.

Firstly some one has asked for an opinion of the PB and as an owner I am as equally qualified as any other owner to express one.

Secondly I paid $800 for this device for it to drop to $450 within days. If it was a finished and complete product I'd take it on the chin. But it isn't.

You like your PB... bully for you. Get over the fact that I'm not happy with it, still own it and have an opinion about it. Because that is what it is... an opinion not a universal truth... as I read your glowing words regarding the PB as an opinion and certainly not a universal truth.

Again. I couldn't be happier for you. The PB clearly does what you need it do.
    Rickroller likes this.
    12-21-11 08:13 PM
    An overworded and disguised swipe at me. Why? Where have I not accepted someones opinion? Where have I preached my opinion as universal truth? Did you not read my earlier comments in this thread as balanced?

Firstly some one has asked for an opinion of the PB and as an owner I am as equally qualified as any other owner to express one.

Secondly I paid $800 for this device for it to drop to $450 within days. If it was a finished and complete product I'd take it on the chin. But it isn't.

You like your PB... bully for you. Get over the fact that I'm not happy with it, still own it and have an opinion about it. Because that is what it is... an opinion not a universal truth... as I read your glowing words regarding the PB as an opinion and certainly not a universal truth.

I'm sorry, wasn't intended as a "swipe" but a legitimate response. And I stand by what I said. You did state you would probably get a Windows pad and I think thats a great idea. And as I stated, you have your opinion and I mine, not insinuating mine was a universal truth, as stated earlier in the post, not all agree with me, and thats as it should be, period. As for it not being a finished product, i researched first and didn't buy mine until September and was aware it wasn't a finished product. You also have the right to complain about it, I just don't understand it. I've purchased products in the past that didn't live up to my expectations or didn't fill my needs, so I got rid of them. But that's me. Overworded? Your opinion, not mine.

I also apologize to readers of this thread and the OP for digressing from it's intent. I gave MY opinion earlier and fully intended to leave it at that.
    12-21-11 08:51 PM
    why didnt you say so in the first place? if i had known that i was having an argument with someone who can't handle browser bookmarks and would rather just search for a link again and hope for the best, i would have dropped this whole debate much earlier.
    By your definition, you DO NOT need a Playbook, nobody does. Need or want?

What you're saying is if PB doesn't support it, it's not needed. Perhaps that's just you, but most others disagree.
    Correct, I want a playbook, because I love it and it saves me time and money - I don't need it and I don't need bookmarks. YOU might need bookmarks and it is just fine for you to say so. Please don't tell me that I do. Is that ok? No I did not say "if PB doesn't support it, it's not needed" YOU said that and tried to stuff the words in my mouth. I'm not chewing.

If the site did not allow stupidity, I'm not so sure either of you would be allowed here either, but thanks for the compliment. Just my little way of teaching you how to speak for yourself. I thought you might need an illustration.

You don't have to edit my post in this childish way, in fact I'm surprised this forum even allows this sort of stupid act.

Keep playing blind and deaf, it will surely bring lots of improvements to PB in the future.

May I politely refer you twos to this thread - where people actually do speak for themselves which makes you look like lone wolves howling in the wilderness.I hope you are not too blind and deaf to read it. If so I can dig up some old polls for ya. I'm here to help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-word-677240/
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-21-11 at 09:30 PM.
    12-21-11 09:26 PM

wow why would anyone pay $800 for a product that's not finished enough for them? I would hit myself on the chin if I had done that. If you think that's a swipe you are rather sensitive.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-21-11 at 09:48 PM.
    12-21-11 09:32 PM
    I don't believe that criticism of the PB on Crackberry is going to influence what RIM does in the future. I know it can be frustrating when we want to believe in a product but feel it comes up short. The ONLY way we can create change is by our wallets. We also have to realize that some people may actually be happy with the same product we are unhappy with and accept that they won't agree with our assessment. The PB will change over time, hopefully for the better. I am willing to wait it out.
    I actually think it's rather self flattering to think criticism by a few in here will change the direction that RIM will head. Back seat CEO's?
    12-21-11 09:46 PM
    I actually think it's rather self flattering to think criticism by a few in here will change the direction that RIM will head. Back seat CEO's?
    I'm pretty sure the implicit criticism of the couple of million or so that did not buy it may be more powerful at persuasion. What supposedly 75 million bb phone users and before the fire sale, they sold what, 700,000 (being generous)? Seems like an awful lot of people sat on the sidelines. It would be nice if another million throw in their lot with rim when OS2 makes it out of the starting gate. We shall see....
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-21-11 11:38 PM
    I'm pretty sure the implicit criticism of the couple of million or so that did not buy it may be more powerful at persuasion. What supposedly 75 million bb phone users and before the fire sale, they sold what, 700,000 (being generous)? Seems like an awful lot of people sat on the sidelines. It would be nice if another million throw in their lot with rim when OS2 makes it out of the starting gate. We shall see....
    That is what will propel the PB forward. If os2 hits a home run, or at least a triple, then the ball game will change and many will see it as a viable contender in the tablet market. Perception is everything.
    12-22-11 04:57 AM
    That is what will propel the PB forward. If os2 hits a home run, or at least a triple, then the ball game will change and many will see it as a viable contender in the tablet market. Perception is everything.
    IF tech sites decide to do a second review, AND OS2 is a "home run", then I agree, it could change a lot of perception. However, until the Appworld really starts to boom, I just don't see a lot of the impressions changing right now, because imo, the lack of apps is what is hurting this thing the most (along with a few of the native issues).
    conix67 likes this.
    12-22-11 08:49 AM
    Correct, I want a playbook, because I love it and it saves me time and money - I don't need it and I don't need bookmarks. YOU might need bookmarks and it is just fine for you to say so. Please don't tell me that I do. Is that ok? No I did not say "if PB doesn't support it, it's not needed" YOU said that and tried to stuff the words in my mouth. I'm not chewing.
    You said it yourself there. You don't need bookmarks. It doesn't mean others don't need bookmarks. To some it's an essential feature. For a book reader I would say it is an essential feature most people *need*.

So one comes here complain about PDF viewer not having bookmarks. How does that become a problem of the person complaining??? And to suggest use pen and paper instead of bookmark??

If the site did not allow stupidity, I'm not so sure either of you would be allowed here either, but thanks for the compliment. Just my little way of teaching you how to speak for yourself. I thought you might need an illustration.

May I politely refer you twos to this thread - where people actually do speak for themselves which makes you look like lone wolves howling in the wilderness.I hope you are not too blind and deaf to read it. If so I can dig up some old polls for ya. I'm here to help.
    Polls on this forum full of blind and deaf people, is just that! There are numbers published all over the web that tells *true* polls among average consumers. If you're serious about bringing more users, you gotta entice them, not people here.
    12-22-11 08:58 AM
    OS 2.0 will definitely be an improvement, but judging from my experience with OS 2.0 beta, not counting stability issues, it is going to be far from a home run. It will be merely a catch up but still far from it from Apps point of view.
    12-22-11 09:03 AM
    Why don't they just have a "Jerry Springer Show" for Crackberry? However I believe I'm developing and learning a new perspective and that the trolls do inspire responses from those who react to the criticisms/bashings. I sways me to look forward to buying a playook in February or whenever they really come out with the upgraded ones.
    Maybe Crackberry implants these trolls (like when you get a new house and move in with your cat, you have to buy a bird). I appreciate the emphatic responses from the BB lovers as they have sold me the PB.
    rotorwrench and Chaddface like this.
    12-22-11 09:20 AM
    I agree with gladiator, go try out the PB at your nearest retailer. The front-facing speakers on the PB are nice for playing videos widescreen. Kindle has its two speakers aimed out the side of the tablet . IMHO a 7" tablet is just the right size to carry around. Unfortunately neither Netflix nor Hulu have streaming apps for the PB, so if you want to stream them the PB is a no-go. As for e-readers there is a Kobo reader preloaded on the PB, and I find the Amazon Cloud Reader works perfectly fine in the PB browser.
    Don't forget that YouTube movie rentals work perfectly well on a PB, and their selection is pretty good.

I've read several books on my PB now using the Kobo reader, and I find it pretty good (I especially like night mode so I can read in bed without disrupting my wife).

Android apps work surprisingly well in the PBOS 2.0 Developer Preview, so I believe RIM actually will meet their February release target.

I frankly love my PB, in large part due to Bridge integration. At current prices it's a steal.
    12-22-11 09:30 AM
    If OS 2.0 is a success, I still don't think any of the big review places are gonna review it again. That is the problem. When the update gets released it needs to be advertised good enough to make the public aware of the improvements and encourage consumers to give it a try. I am afraid of that day the same way I am excited about it. All this effort needs to be advertised properly.
    12-22-11 10:11 AM
    If OS 2.0 is a success, I still don't think any of the big review places are gonna review it again. That is the problem. When the update gets released it needs to be advertised good enough to make the public aware of the improvements and encourage consumers to give it a try. I am afraid of that day the same way I am excited about it. All this effort needs to be advertised properly.
    Considering that Apple is scheduling their new Ipad release around the same time it'll take some serious effort from RIM to get and keep the MSM attention let along not have them rip them in the process.

Won't say it can't be done, but it'll take every trick in the book.

Apple could help to by dropping the ball as well. -_-'
    12-22-11 10:22 AM
    Otherwise you can just tell them it�s European
    FYI, i snooped around to see what goodies my wife got me. i found out she got me a small murse to carry my PB around . She probably got sick of me sticking my PB in her purse along with hers when i don't wear a jacket..lol i'd hate to hurt her feelings but i think this one will is justifiable. there better be a gift reciept for this gift..
    12-22-11 12:09 PM
    I'm sorry, wasn't intended as a "swipe" but a legitimate response. And I stand by what I said. You did state you would probably get a Windows pad and I think thats a great idea. And as I stated, you have your opinion and I mine, not insinuating mine was a universal truth, as stated earlier in the post, not all agree with me, and thats as it should be, period. As for it not being a finished product, i researched first and didn't buy mine until September and was aware it wasn't a finished product. You also have the right to complain about it, I just don't understand it. I've purchased products in the past that didn't live up to my expectations or didn't fill my needs, so I got rid of them. But that's me. Overworded? Your opinion, not mine.

I also apologize to readers of this thread and the OP for digressing from it's intent. I gave MY opinion earlier and fully intended to leave it at that.
    Apologies accepted, I probably took the response too personally too. So apologies too.

In fairness of balance.

The PB has a lot going for it and I would be the first to champion some of it's redeeming qualities. In fact I did so in post 10 in this thread.

I want the device to work, I honestly do. If we are all honest we would all say RIM are dragging their feet, we would just differ on how far they are dragging them.

I response to your reply. I did check out reviews before purchase and was offered serious advice from the sales assistant I purchased it from. Certain questions don't come to mind however, and to extent are assumed to be naturally present in a professional tablet. Email spell check, contextual keyboard, saving email attachments, off line saving of bridged email to the PB (on that note I asked and was told yes it was possible) and a range of other things. Nearly all of which I assumed would be present. I expected it to be able to do at least what my BB curve could do and better.

So I am bitter, I sold my Ipad in frustration and moved to the PB.

I guess we all look to tick boxes against what we need from the device... and if it works for you or anyone else... I am really pleased, sincerely pleased.

Most of my boxes are unticked, and I honestly believe RIM could have had these fixed soon after launch. It was an $800 investment to act as a business tool, so being asked to wait for RIM to release fixes in OS2.0 in Nov then Feb is a bit frustrating.

But getting back on subject with the OP, my opinion is simply one of many... take a pinch of salt with it, go pick on up and give it a gander. Just understand what it is good at whilst having a knowledge of its limitations in mind. Again as said before... if you wish to buy a PB I'd honestly hold off till Feb if 2.0 gets pushed out, and see it is a complete OS update. I have a feeling it wont be but I want to be wrong.

Finally again, my apologies for taking things to personally.

Forums and discussion are rarely fun when we all agree.
    conix67, JK-PhD and rotorwrench like this.
    12-22-11 03:29 PM
    I am hoping there will be some serious advertising with the release of os2 (not holding my breath). That is how people will see what it can do and how it can help them in their everyday lives. Take a page out of the Apple advertising manual.
    12-22-11 04:29 PM
    One freaking Playbook television commercial in the northern hemisphere would silence all the hyenas who have been circling the RIM wagon train for much too long.
    12-22-11 04:48 PM
    One freaking Playbook television commercial in the northern hemisphere would silence all the hyenas who have been circling the RIM wagon train for much too long.
    A TV commercial isn't going to fix what is wrong with the PB though is it.
    12-22-11 05:30 PM
    A TV commercial isn't going to fix what is wrong with the PB though is it.
    Nothing wrong with the Playbook pal, just zero ad exposure. There are still folks out there who haven't heard of the PB...folks seriously looking into tablets and e-Readers.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    12-22-11 05:42 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I want it to work... I still have one and it's failings out weigh the positives.

Saying there is nothing wrong with it is way off the mark though.
    12-22-11 05:56 PM
    Nothing wrong with the Playbook pal, just zero ad exposure.
    Either you're a super ultimate fanboy or delusional, or a bit of both.

I'll confess I'm an apple guy but I prefer the playbook over my iPad. I really do. The 7' size factor has won me over.

But saying that there is nothing wrong with the playbook is just wrong. Who needs autocorrect? Who needs native mail when you can just rock the browser version like its '98.

Take the pro-RIM and anti-Apple blinders off and step into reality man!
    12-22-11 06:05 PM
    Either you're a super ultimate fanboy or delusional, or a bit of both.

I'll confess I'm an apple guy but I prefer the playbook over my iPad. I really do. The 7' size factor has won me over.

But saying that there is nothing wrong with the playbook is just wrong. Who needs autocorrect? Who needs native mail when you can just rock the browser version like its '98.

Take the pro-RIM and anti-Apple blinders off and step into reality man!
    Fair points, most of which will be addressed with V2.0.

The 'fanboy' in me is hoping for this: a BB10 preview at CES, along with new developer announcements for PB2.0. Preferably something major like Netflix or Skype. I know there's been some collaboration with Microsoft on a few projects, so it would be nice to see something like a SharePoint Playbook client or upgraded docs2go on the PB too.

We already know native e-mail will be there. Android compatibility looks very promising on the developer preview.

So, yes, lots riding on CES, and making sure PB2.0 launches on time. Fingers crossed.
    12-22-11 06:14 PM
    Fair points, most of which will be addressed with V2.0.

The 'fanboy' in me is hoping for this: a BB10 preview at CES, along with new developer announcements for PB2.0. Preferably something major like Netflix or Skype. I know there's been some collaboration with Microsoft on a few projects, so it would be nice to see something like a SharePoint Playbook client or upgraded docs2go on the PB too.

We already know native e-mail will be there. Android compatibility looks very promising on the developer preview.

So, yes, lots riding on CES, and making sure PB2.0 launches on time. Fingers crossed.
    Yes, all I want is native email, autocorrect, a better ereader alternative and netflix support. All of which are in the iPad.

iOS functionality (and apps) coupled with playbook hardware would be amazing.
    12-22-11 06:20 PM
114 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD