You only get the red followed by green pulsing when turned off. At least you would know it's working properly.
    Any way you do it, leave it on the charger for a few hours and see what happens.
    03-28-12 02:20 PM
    You *should* drain the battery to the point that the tablet shuts down by itself. The BlackBerry PlayBook has a built-in mechanism to prevent a true full discharge but the automatic shut-off when the tablet drains to 0% (not simply the reading you currently read on the battery meter) is not the same as a full discharge, therefore it is safe and will not damage the battery.
    Oh, Okay. But this one really gives me a headache.
    I really appreciate your help!
    03-28-12 02:23 PM
    You only get the red followed by green pulsing when turned off. At least you would know it's working properly.
    Any way you do it, leave it on the charger for a few hours and see what happens.
    Is it safe to leave it overnight? Like, its 3 am now and about to go to bed then I'll check it again after 8 hours?
    03-28-12 02:25 PM
    Yes it's fine to leave it on the charger.
    03-28-12 02:27 PM
    Yes it's fine to leave it on the charger.
    Thank you! I appreciate your help!
    03-28-12 02:28 PM
    You *should* drain the battery to the point that the tablet shuts down by itself. The BlackBerry PlayBook has a built-in mechanism to prevent a true full discharge but the automatic shut-off when the tablet drains to 0% (not simply the reading you currently read on the battery meter) is not the same as a full discharge, therefore it is safe and will not damage the battery.
    How would you drain the battery if you can't get past the setup screen? Assuming its really charged now and just not recognized. It would take most of the day if you were able to keep the screen on.
    03-28-12 02:32 PM
    I have experienced similar. To me, this is more like an electrical contact problem. Get Radio Shack contact cleaner or equivalent, soak q-tips in it, and gingerly wipe the (unplugged) charger only. Dry it with warm air. Retry. Good luck!

Just not willing to clean PB without talking to RIM. Doc Neutron

I cant call RIM. Should I do that?
    03-28-12 02:37 PM
    How would you drain the battery if you can't get past the setup screen? Assuming its really charged now and just not recognized. It would take most of the day if you were able to keep the screen on.
    We tried to set it up first. Then we had a problem with the blackberryid. Its a long story. But hey!!! its 1 percent already!! Thank you so much for your help!
    03-28-12 02:41 PM
    Thank you so much for all the help everyone! I really appreciate it.
    03-28-12 02:46 PM
    1% is good news. Now leave it plugged all night. You should be good in the morning.
    03-28-12 03:04 PM
    1% is good news. Now leave it plugged all night. You should be good in the morning.
    It's all good now! I'm using it right now. Thank you!
    Chaddface likes this.
    03-29-12 12:35 PM
    It's all good now! I'm using it right now. Thank you!
    Good to hear. All charge up & rocking the PB.....
    Laruhhh likes this.
    03-29-12 12:37 PM
    Just got my second PB today and it is finally charging. At 4% now. It was funny that I was able to get my wifi set up and BB id and then it totally died.

I have my rapid charger on it so it should do good now.

Great tips on this post
    02-02-13 04:37 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD