Hi guys. I need your help! So my blackberry playbook is in a critically low battery situatio. But when I try to charge it, it stays as 0% after charging for a long time. I tried to plug and unplug the charger for the nth time and it still doesnt work. What should I do now?
    And does it charge when the BP is on or off?
    03-28-12 11:02 AM
    *Additional:
    So I tried to switch it on, then the red light turned on and then the green light blinks then it stopped. Now, I cant really open it. Please! I really need your help
    03-28-12 11:17 AM
    Um, so I presume that you're using the charging cable that came with your PB ... right? Has it ever charged your PB? If you have a BB phone, try plugging your BB phone charger into the wall and then the PB. This will charge the PB albeit more slowly, but it will give you an indication of whether or not your charging cable is working.

Conversely, if you have a BB Phone, try using your PB charging cable to charge your phone. Again, this will indicate whether or not the cable itself is an issue.

HTH
    03-28-12 11:19 AM
    Have you tried the three button reset?
    03-28-12 12:47 PM
    Um, so I presume that you're using the charging cable that came with your PB ... right? Has it ever charged your PB? If you have a BB phone, try plugging your BB phone charger into the wall and then the PB. This will charge the PB albeit more slowly, but it will give you an indication of whether or not your charging cable is working.

Conversely, if you have a BB Phone, try using your PB charging cable to charge your phone. Again, this will indicate whether or not the cable itself is an issue.

HTH
    Yup. Actually, this is the first time that I used my playbook. I just got it 2 days ago. And, I don't have a BB Phone. This is my first time to use a Blackberry.

*I'm charging it again. 30 minutes have passed but it is still 0%
    03-28-12 01:18 PM
    Have you tried the three button reset?
    Yes. So when I opened the BP the playback logo started playing and it just stayed like that for about 10 minutes then it turned off. Is that normal?
    03-28-12 01:20 PM
    Can you post a picture of the USB port on your device?
    03-28-12 01:24 PM
    I recommend letting the tablet drain to the point that it automatically shuts down and will not reboot without a recharge using the original wall charging unit which shipped with the tablet. Let the tablet recharge for at least 2 hours before attempting to reboot while still plugged into the wall charger. Often new batteries need to be calibrated. Also, it is highly recommended that you download the Battery Guru application from BlackBerry AppWorld to monitor the health of the battery.
    03-28-12 01:28 PM
    Can you post a picture of the USB port on your device?
    Hi! I dont really know how to attach a picture here. So this is the link for my BP.

I know you love me.
    akown10t likes this.
    03-28-12 01:37 PM
    I recommend letting the tablet drain to the point that it automatically shuts down and will not reboot without a recharge using the original wall charging unit which shipped with the tablet. Let the tablet recharge for at least 2 hours before attempting to reboot while still plugged into the wall charger. Often new batteries need to be calibrated. Also, it is highly recommended that you download the Battery Guru application from BlackBerry AppWorld to monitor the health of the battery.
    I actually didnt know that it is bad to drain it. And this is my first time to use it so yeah. Thanks for the tip!
    03-28-12 01:41 PM
    Hold the power button down until it powers off completely. Open Desktop Software and connect your device, an error will appear, select Update. Let the device complete the software reload and once complete connect to the charger and place it in standby and let it charge overnight.
    03-28-12 01:42 PM
    Hold the power button down until it powers off completely. Open Desktop Software and connect your device, an error will appear, select Update. Let the device complete the software reload and once complete connect to the charger and place it in standby and let it charge overnight.
    Is it okay to do that even if you haven't done the whole setup thing? 'cause I just finished it until the registering of blackberryid.
    03-28-12 01:50 PM
    yeah that is ok. It will reload the most up-to-date software and you will have to complete the setup after.
    03-28-12 01:52 PM
    Also, I have seen my device completely dead take up to 3-4 hours to reach 10%. I would plug it in and tap the power button so it enters standby mode and leave it for at least 4 hours and check the status then.
    03-28-12 01:54 PM
    Is it okay to do that even if you haven't done the whole setup thing? 'cause I just finished it until the registering of blackberryid.
    What Ajax suggested is referred to as a de-brick and will wipe and reinstall the OS.
    If that doesn't work I would call RIM support. The debrick is probably something they will have you try so it wouldn't hurt to try.
    03-28-12 01:56 PM
    yeah that is ok. It will reload the most up-to-date software and you will have to complete the setup after.
    I connected my BP to my laptop. It still says that the battery level is critically low. What am I gonna do next?
    03-28-12 01:58 PM
    I have experienced similar. To me, this is more like an electrical contact problem. Get Radio Shack contact cleaner or equivalent, soak q-tips in it, and gingerly wipe the (unplugged) charger only. Dry it with warm air. Retry. Good luck!

Just not willing to clean PB without talking to RIM. Doc Neutron
    Also, I have seen my device completely dead take up to 3-4 hours to reach 10%. I would plug it in and tap the power button so it enters standby mode and leave it for at least 4 hours and check the status then.
    I remember someone else mentioning that. It was a few hours before the meter moved off 0%.
    Is it really that long? Ha! I didnt know that. And this is just a gift from dad.
    03-28-12 02:03 PM
    Try this:
    Turn it off, wait a few(maybe 5) minutes to be sure it's off, then plug in the charger.
    If it's working correctly you should see a red led followed by pulsing green. It will be solid green once it's completely charged.
    If you continue to have problem where the light just stops pulsing just call RIM.
    03-28-12 02:04 PM
    What Ajax suggested is referred to as a de-brick and will wipe and reinstall the OS.
    If that doesn't work I would call RIM support. The debrick is probably something they will have you try so it wouldn't hurt to try.
    I cant really call RIM. I'm from the Philippines and I dont think they have a technical support here. My dad bought this in Canada and he just shipped it.
    03-28-12 02:07 PM
    I connected my BP to my laptop. It still says that the battery level is critically low. What am I gonna do next?
    It need to be plugged into the wall charge not the PC. Leave it plugged in for about 2 hour.
    03-28-12 02:11 PM
    Try this:
    Turn it off, wait a few(maybe 5) minutes to be sure it's off, then plug in the charger.
    If it's working correctly you should see a red led followed by pulsing green. It will be solid green once it's completely charged.
    If you continue to have problem where the light just stops pulsing just call RIM.
    I tried it awhile ago and yeah, there's a red and green light. Then its says that it is critically low battery.

* I tried it again. But it was not followed by a pulsing green.
    03-28-12 02:16 PM
    I actually didnt know that it is bad to drain it. And this is my first time to use it so yeah. Thanks for the tip!
    You *should* drain the battery to the point that the tablet shuts down by itself. The BlackBerry PlayBook has a built-in mechanism to prevent a true full discharge but the automatic shut-off when the tablet drains to 0% (not simply the reading you currently read on the battery meter) is not the same as a full discharge, therefore it is safe and will not damage the battery.
    03-28-12 02:18 PM
    It need to be plugged into the wall charge not the PC. Leave it plugged in for about 2 hour.
    I plugged it again to the wall charger. It is plugged in for about 2 hours now.
    03-28-12 02:19 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD