Why is it so unreliable? Why do I keep getting the message "network not available"? Screw you! My network is available! I have other things connected to the web! Why does it crash every time I stall at a page for at least 5 seconds to read something and then hit the back arrow???
    An for example, after I finished writing all this crap, I copy / paste it so that when I hit submit, it wouldn't disappear and had to write it all over again!!!!!
    02-25-13 04:10 PM
    Why is it so unreliable? Why do I keep getting the message "network not available"? Screw you! My network is available! I have other things connected to the web! Why does it crash every time I stall at a page for at least 5 seconds to read something and then hit the back arrow???
    An for example, after I finished writing all this crap, I copy / paste it so that when I hit submit, it wouldn't disappear and had to write it all over again!!!!!
    It is your provider. I have never had problems like that.
    02-25-13 04:52 PM
    The title should read "what is wrong with MY playbook browser".

Have you attempted to fix it? Is there anything else you can add to help people help you?
    Router type? Settings?
    02-25-13 05:02 PM
    well, ok, MY PB browser! but no, it is not my provider! I got 5megs, I can play COD BO 2 with no problem and no "lags" and the PS3 is serious when it comes down to "eating band width"!!! my wife's "tablet" browser works awesome. I have taken the PB to other places, ie Hotspots, friends house wifi connections etc... and it keeps doing the same... i have the latest update! and before the udpate it used to do it once in a wile, but after the update it has worsen!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using my fingers O.o
    swadarshan likes this.
    02-25-13 05:13 PM
    I have no issues with MY PlayBook...is it only when you use the browser? What about apps that use the network connection? What about if you are transferring files wirelessly? Do you still get the message? If you do I would guess it is a bad WiFi adapter in your PlayBook...if not and it only happens in the browser I would guess it is a software issue and would do a security wipe and see what happens.
    02-25-13 05:19 PM
    I also have this issue. I'm fairly certain it is caused by a memory limit or something, because only the native browser suffers from this issue. App World and any other applications that are heavily network bound function perfectly fine.

Interestingly, this issue is far more noticeable when many tabs are open from the same website (same hostname). That makes me very suspicious BlackBerry has made an oversight with regards to HTTP keepalive, pipelining, or even just connection pooling.

My PB is the 16Gb Wi-Fi model.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 05:44 PM
    I can transfer files using the wifi w/o any problems, app are running flawlessly, app world is running smooth! everything is good to go!!!! I will follow your advice, Security Wipe the SoB!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using my fingers O.o
    02-25-13 05:51 PM
    Have you tried "clear all" in the privacy and security settings of the browser. You might leave the cookies and clear everything else.
    02-25-13 05:53 PM
    I also have had those issues,especially when going back (arrow ) and somewhat similar problems when trying to watch a vid that is embedded.
    02-25-13 06:14 PM
    I always have over 5 tabs open at any one time with no problems. Although the checkerboarding gets old sometimes on heavy site's such as CrackBerry, I deal with it because if it gets too bad I can turn off java and or flash. I'm really looking forward to the BlackBerry10 browser on this beast
    02-25-13 06:35 PM
    must admit have ne er normally had problem wit the pb browser till the last few days but am gettin the same network errors as well...tis only minor issue as a quick refresh usually solves...but still, strange...
    02-25-13 06:42 PM
    I had a playbook for over a year and the browser has had solid performance never had connectivity issues at all.
    02-25-13 06:56 PM
    Make sure flash and java is enabled under settings, I got this error lots because I disabled them for faster loading, but got this error a lot and I mean a lot.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    02-25-13 06:59 PM
    Haven't experienced any of those issue. Only issue is checkerboarding on Crackberry.
    southlander likes this.
    02-25-13 07:36 PM
    I do also have the browser crash and switch it self off too, atleast once or twice a week. Not sure why because evweything else is pretty stable?
    Enyigma likes this.
    02-25-13 07:44 PM
    Lets see... could be the Playbook... your router... your internet connection.... your ISP or it could something as simple of your Playbook settings....
    02-25-13 07:56 PM
    The OP might benefit with a refreshed OS...I know that I'll get this error on occasion, but can usually blame my WiFi repeater more than any other element in the network.

And it's not unusual, with the PlayBook Crackberry app, to load 5, 6 or even 7 tabs, depending on how many forum threads interest me in the scrolled list.
    02-25-13 08:29 PM
    It could be your router. My PB causes my router to crash if it's broadcasting wireless n. So am only using g.
    02-25-13 09:22 PM
    Wipe it reload os problem solved.
    02-26-13 01:28 AM
    Make sure flash and java is enabled under settings, I got this error lots because I disabled them for faster loading, but got this error a lot and I mean a lot.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    02-26-13 07:03 AM
    JavaScript is NOT Java.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 08:09 AM
    I don't have that problem with mine.
    You may have a poisonous app in there.
    How about wiping your PlayBook clean, and start from scratch?
    02-27-13 07:57 AM
    If you spam the try again button the page will eventually load. I've given up trying to fix that problem
    02-27-13 03:03 PM
    It could be your router. My PB causes my router to crash if it's broadcasting wireless n. So am only using g.
    Guarandamtee this is the problem.
    02-27-13 10:13 PM
    The PlayBook browser is probably the most disappointing feature of the device itself. Whilst it's still decent, it doesn't compare at all to anything iOS or Android has out there. it's just absolutely slow, unresponsive when clicking links and is prone to random crashes. It's not a subjective issue on the whole (although the OP's problem may be sporadic), but rather a serious concern that most PB owners have. Hopefully the BB10 browser will improve this.
    02-27-13 11:08 PM
34 12