It looks like Blackberry and FutureShop are doing a promo event to show off the Playbook and the 9900. I work in Downtown Toronto and as of yesterday I spotted a BlackBerry booth with the 9900 and Playbook set up to show the bridge. The Playbook had video playing (it looked great) BlackBerry are giving away vouchers to get $50 off to get a new phone (Bold 9900).

I went over to the booth this morning to chat to them... (I have the 9900 and Playbook) and said it was about time we saw more of this... the Playbook in particular because many people don't know it exists. Though it wasn't a huge crowd (Time of day, it will be busier at lunch time) it was good to see people curious about the Playbook and Bold come up the to booth and the BB people show them what it could do. They were mainly promoting the 9900 however it was a fairly prominent booth.

I'd have liked them to show the multi-tasking of the PB more (rather than just the video) but at least they were showing off the Playbook in a way I never saw in the stores. They also offered the chance to win Blue Jays tix by scanning and becoming BB Messenger friends, which I did... if I win (doubtful) I'll give them to my husband.
    It was just nice to see BlackBerry out and about.
    Last edited by JiveGirl14; 06-15-12 at 11:02 AM.
    kbz1960, Spencerdl and CeeXTwo like this.
    06-15-12 08:51 AM
    That would be something nice to see. Promotional BlackBerry stands are extremely rare if ever in my location. Glad to hear (read) some places still promote BlackBerry products.
    06-15-12 10:05 AM
    That would be something nice to see. Promotional BlackBerry stands are extremely rare if ever in my location. Glad to hear (read) some places still promote BlackBerry products.
    It was great to see - and quite the surprise. The booth was very distinctive - not massive but distinctive - and had a huge Blackberry Bold 9900 image on the side, hard to miss and people were stopping and having a look. The Playbook video rendering was superb. I think BlackBerry should do more of these on-site promotions.

Enough of leaving it to disinterested stores, they need to take their promotion into their own hands and get out there themselves in some key high foot-traffic locations and show off the 9900 and Playbook pairing in situ.
    06-15-12 11:14 AM
    And why have you not taken any pics and posted them here hmmmm?
    06-15-12 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD