Blackberry Playbook from an Android user perspective | Apps @ Burlock.org

"Overall, it’s an excellent device and it will be replacing my Galaxy Tab for daily use."

A great review!
    Last edited by playbookster; 03-06-12 at 09:00 AM.
    zma15 likes this.
    03-06-12 08:48 AM
    Nice review!
    03-06-12 08:58 AM
    I lol'ed about him having to buy his own app just to test it in his device
    Hawkeberry likes this.
    03-06-12 09:10 AM
    I lol'ed about him having to buy his own app just to test it in his device
    Although it wouldnt actually cost him anything haha.. the 2 dollars goes back to him anyways :P
    03-06-12 09:21 AM
    an app developer liking the playbook is terrific expecting more awesome apps from the guy
    03-06-12 09:24 AM
    He stated something we have know all along. The Playbook is awesome. I agree that if the Playbook had three critical apps: Kindle, Skype, Netflix it would just surge. Being the better tablet is great but these three are missing.
    Why? Not because the Playbook can't handle them but because competitors know that if they get them, the Playbook would be a game changer.
    As for me, I love my Playbook. Kobo works great, Video Chat and AV from AOL allow me to chat with anyone, and I'm cancelling my Netflix subscription on the 15th, once they confirm they don't care about my business.
    I don't miss these apps at all and enjoy watching TV shows for free and the new Movie store. However, I believe, many people that would get a Playbook don't because they lack these three apps. Never mind that you can read just about anything on Kobo, watch tons and tons of tv show and movies easily, and that you can video chat with anyone with a computer and have a great VC with other Playbooks for the incredible price of 199.00!
    Smart consumers are taking notice of how awesome the Playbook is and are picking it up. For the handful of things the Playbook does not do (and may do in the near future), it does tons of things better then the competition.
    03-06-12 09:25 AM
    Although it wouldnt actually cost him anything haha.. the 2 dollars goes back to him anyways :P
    I'm pleased that the author of this fine astronomy app is telling his story. I am partial to astronomy apps and this is a very good one. Two thing about him buying his own app for testing; First, he only gets to keep $1.40. RIM gets 30%.of sales. Secondly, he could have used the facility known around here as "sideloading" to install his signed app on the device.
    03-06-12 09:39 AM
    yes he mentioned that it will take some time to sideload the app and the fastest way to test it would be to buy from appworld
    03-06-12 09:54 AM
    Yes I agree the PB is an awesome device. But the problem is it has to be more than that. It has to be incredible, to stand out from other tablets. And at this time, it's not. To most, it's actually inferior. Be on the same footing appwize first, then maybe people will begin to see how great this device is.
    03-06-12 10:02 AM
    To most, it's actually inferior.
    But it isn't. That's the point
    Jeovex likes this.
    03-06-12 11:26 AM
    an app developer liking the playbook is terrific expecting more awesome apps from the guy
    an app developer from another platform liking the playbook is even better.
    03-06-12 04:57 PM
    Yes I agree the PB is an awesome device. But the problem is it has to be more than that. It has to be incredible, to stand out from other tablets. And at this time, it's not. To most, it's actually inferior. Be on the same footing appwize first, then maybe people will begin to see how great this device is.
    i amazes me people go buy cheap android tablets over a playbook for the same price
    03-07-12 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD