Do you guys think the BlackBerry Playbook will have Google Maps with 3D buildings? Also do you think it will have a video editing app? Thanks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-11 12:20 AM
    I just hope there is a Google Maps for the PB - nevermind the 3D buildings! And if they do have GMaps, I hope the implementation is better than the BB6 version for Streetview.

A video-editing app would be awesome! But I'm guessing it won't come natively installed out of the box.

03-14-11 01:35 AM
    Yeah, a video editing apo would be awesome! Especially if the video editing app is highly advanced and better than anything anyone's ever seen on a tablet.

03-15-11 01:01 AM
    3D Buildings? Is that like Bing Maps standard aerial images? Pretty cool if it is. Bing Maps & Google Maps would be a cool app but then again if we have internet it wont matter too much.
    03-15-11 07:13 AM
    I'd be a little surprised if Google developed any apps for the PlayBook...unless the PlayBook ends up being able to run Android apps. But the Google Maps full website should work in the mean time.
    03-15-11 07:48 AM
    I'd be a little surprised if Google developed any apps for the PlayBook...unless the PlayBook ends up being able to run Android apps. But the Google Maps full website should work in the mean time.
    why? they make Google apps for BBOS, IOS, etc?
    03-15-11 08:23 AM
    I just hope there is a Google Maps for the PB - nevermind the 3D buildings! And if they do have GMaps, I hope the implementation is better than the BB6 version for Streetview.

A video-editing app would be awesome! But I'm guessing it won't come natively installed out of the box.

I believe there is Google Maps on the PB. If you look carefully on the demo videos you can see what I believe is the icons for Google Maps / GMail on PB's menu.

I'm not sure about 3D though....
    03-15-11 10:47 AM
    This is another example of why flash is so nice. Just go to google.com and click maps for google maps, no app needed. Go to bing.com, click maps, and bird's eye to see 3d buildings, again, no app needed.
    03-15-11 11:47 AM
    You need to take a closer look at Google's business model. They don't really make money from Android phones, they make theirs from the traffic and ads that the platform generates. If they can get traffic and serve ads to other platforms, that works too...
    03-15-11 12:14 PM
    i would think there would be some sort of maps with 3d buildings, google, rim, or otherwise.

as to a video editing app...why? i don't understand why imovie is even on the ipad. i don't want to edit movies on a 10 inch screen, let alone a 7 inch...my 20 inch monitor still isn't enough screen real estate as i'd like..
    03-15-11 08:40 PM
    A video editing app doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. Imagine you are out with your playbook, shoot some video, take a few minutes to edit it, find a WiFi hotspot and upload it to facebook or youtube. If it's a good, intuitive app I can see it being a selling point for RIM, especially with 1080p video recording being available on the Playbook.
    03-15-11 11:06 PM
    This is another example of why flash is so nice. Just go to google.com and click maps for google maps, no app needed. Go to bing.com, click maps, and bird's eye to see 3d buildings, again, no app needed.
    That's not flash...but the point is the same- if you have the full web, an app for everything becomes less of a need.

03-15-11 11:14 PM
    ^ i suppose so. maybe because i don't upload that much to youtube. and when i do it's something i've worked on for a bit. don't get me wrong, i'd mess around with one, if it were free. but if i'm really going to be editing, i'm doing so on my computer with premiere.

more importantly, i want a playbook NOW
    03-15-11 11:16 PM
    yes it will. pb will run android apps better than android. if you want to run android apps well, get a pb.
    03-15-11 11:17 PM
    yes it will. pb will run android apps better than android. if you want to run android apps well, get a pb.
    Do you schedule the trolling on a calendar or does it speak to you.

03-15-11 11:19 PM
    Do you schedule the trolling on a calendar or does it speak to you.

Of course he's gonna keep trolling, if you guys keep taking the bait...

But please stop quoting him and negating the Ignore feature. Thx
    03-15-11 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD