Holllaaaa all,

Just found this article on n4bb......

BlackBerry PlayBook 4G Running OS 10.0.4 Pack 197 Photos Surface - N4BB

Anyone know what this means, I'm assuming it's an alpha software or the official more advanced bb10 being tested by rim... But of course nothing coming to consumers...

Or is os10 different to bb10???... At the end of the article he asked 'could this version of the software be release with the 4g?'... well with the potential date of the release of the 4g being about a week away, it's impossible an os10 will be released with this pb...unless os10 is different to bb10....

Nyone more intelligent than myself know anything about this??
    07-24-12 01:40 PM
    If you go over to the Playbook OS section of the forums you'll see that there's a thread explaining how you can load the Dev Alpha OS onto the Playbook, so it's certainly possible to get it on there. Perhaps someone did something similar with one of the 4G Playbooks floating around or it was some internal testing at RIM or something or other.
    amjass12 likes this.
    07-24-12 01:43 PM
    The 4G PlayBook I seen in Orlando had the same os from the Dev Alpha on it. Only difference was the icons were there. I said that weeks ago, but a few people here kept trying to say I was wrong, it wasn't possible and that the 4G PlayBook was some how a magically different device than the baby PlayBook. Nope not really.

What I want to know is how old that screen shot is, hopefully they have upgraded it some since the start of May when I seen it.
    amjass12 and pbmc like this.
    07-24-12 03:31 PM
    The 4G PlayBook I seen in Orlando had the same os from the Dev Alpha on it. Only difference was the icons were there. I said that weeks ago, but a few people here kept trying to say I was wrong, it wasn't possible and that the 4G PlayBook was some how a magically different device than the baby PlayBook. Nope not really.

What I want to know is how old that screen shot is, hopefully they have upgraded it some since the start of May when I seen it.
    They have, they're well into higher OS' now.. RIM is into 10.0.6 and higher depending on your internal level.
    Saiga likes this.
    07-24-12 04:57 PM
    I doubt it would launch with BB10...

The way RIM's making it out to be BB10 won't be ready until January, and I don't think stripping out the phone app will make it go faster.
    07-24-12 04:58 PM
    I doubt it would launch with BB10...

The way RIM's making it out to be BB10 won't be ready until January, and I don't think stripping out the phone app will make it go faster.
    Just because it says 10.. DOES NOT mean it is BlackBerry 10 as it will arrive to consumers. People need to get over that thinking, the Dev Alphas are running 10.0.4 and it's NOT BlackBerry 10 either. It's an interim build number designation that will eventually evolve into BlackBerry 10.
    07-24-12 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD