Last edited by bbpandy; 08-15-12 at 09:37 PM.
    dmlis and bjw408h like this.
    08-15-12 09:34 PM
    lol, if playbook is so much better, why the sale has been so poor? it must be one of the most misunderstood tablet in the world.
    s60v3 likes this.
    08-15-12 09:57 PM
    lol.. this is nice and all, but seems a little biased considering some of the options specifically say Blackberry...
    08-15-12 09:58 PM
    lol.. this is nice and all, but seems a little biased considering some of the options specifically say Blackberry...
    It is just joke for fun

Basically. It used playbook as benchmark and try to see which one is more like playbook.but again, in reality,benchmark is not playbook,it is ipad.
    Last edited by smartie88; 08-15-12 at 10:17 PM.
    antiRIM likes this.
    08-15-12 10:14 PM
    The only thing I am laughing about are the gullible people who bought a ipad at the discretion of a pimply faced fan boy at best buy but never researched their purchase to see that there are far superior devices available at way better prices. Paying into the apple money sucking corporation seems to be more for status to fit in. Always best to research before your purchase. Blackberry bias or not the playbook does this all over the other devices out of the box.
    goku_vegeta and Bobert_123 like this.
    08-15-12 10:19 PM
    because currently playbook os less of apps..soon bb10 release i believe it will smack all outside tablet
    08-15-12 10:23 PM
    The only thing I am laughing about are the gullible people who bought a ipad at the discretion of a pimply faced fan boy at best buy but never researched their purchase to see that there are far superior devices available at way better prices. Paying into the apple money sucking corporation seems to be more for status to fit in. Always best to research before your purchase. Blackberry bias or not the playbook does this all over the other devices out of the box.
    It depends on how you define "superior ". At least apple fanboy don't worry sideload and whether company will be sold

RIM is just part of others
    iPad market share Q2 2012 - iPad market share nears all-time high
    Last edited by smartie88; 08-15-12 at 10:33 PM.
    08-15-12 10:29 PM
    We need two threads abut this?
    08-15-12 10:45 PM
    Any comparison where you own 'preferred' item gets only 1 Red X, is too bias in my opinion, especially when some criteria like HDMI, Doc to Go, BB Balance are repeated at least twice in so called specs. LOL

Here's actually where this came from http://www.blackberrycool.com/2012/0...s-kindle-fire/
    Last edited by rcm1301; 08-15-12 at 10:54 PM.
    08-15-12 10:48 PM
    Lol, this is ridiculous. I'm surprised they didn't give Playbook an extra checkmark for "Most square inches of bezel" and an extra checkmark for "Only tablet with a 'B' in the name"...

BigAl_BB9900 and rcm1301 like this.
    08-15-12 11:02 PM
    Any comparison where you own 'preferred' item gets only 1 Red X, is too bias in my opinion, especially when some criteria like HDMI, Doc to Go, BB Balance are repeated at least twice in so called specs. LOL

Here's actually where this came from http://www.blackberrycool.com/2012/0...s-kindle-fire/
    Not mention ipad and android have to run playbook apps and sideload android lol
    08-15-12 11:03 PM
    it's totally Biased, but what do you expect? It was made by BlackBerry for their Sales People lol

HOWEVER the 1st slide is not biased,
    ...The 2nd one is completely created to make the PB look great.
    & the 3rd, while still biased does show that for business you should get a PB
    08-15-12 11:43 PM
    the 3rd, while still biased does show that for business you should get a PB
    That would depend heavily on what business you're using it for.
    08-15-12 11:49 PM
    Haha Sheeeeepss --- Just because the BlackBerry Wins -- it's not BIASED.
    08-16-12 01:43 AM
    playbook is not competitive since it got no pocket/reuter/bloomberg news/aljazeera/bbc/theverge etc etc. NO DECENT APPS. even if you similar applications, it does not work as well as it works in galaxy 8.9 or my ipad 1. what is the use of a tablet if you can't use applications to go quickly access something?
    of course people will tell you to use the browser to death, but it denies the point of having tablets and smartphone which is providing an ability to compartmentalise usage by accessing anything by using particular access point, which is an APPLICATION.
    No Tablet OS will thrive, let alone survive, without APPLICATIONS since tablets are meant to be used to consume data/media while being mobile/portable at the same time. No tablet will survive on fancy swiping actions and browser only : WebOS has proved that.
    So, no, the comparison does not reflect market reality or any real world usage or user experience nor satisfaction. it may work to satisfy enthusiasts or so RIM can beat their own chest and say, hey, we're good aint we????
    seking likes this.
    08-16-12 02:20 AM
    Hey sportline.. where you coming from? Aljazeera? BBC? Reuter? and No decent apps?

And what happens when in a few months BB10 is out? When sooooooooo many Native RIM apps are out on BB10?

I guess the PlayBook needs to die soon in that case - cause post BB10 - I know the trolls in here will die for sure..
    08-16-12 03:33 AM
    playbook has been out for more than a year if that proves anything, or if that shows any progress at all. we will see how the native apps play in BB10 - it is not out yet so better keep our fingers crossed.
    playbook wifi would probably live longer once upgraded to BB10 - with decent apps, that is. People will wait for 4G prices to drop to 250 or so (well most of us bought wifi pb around 700$ last year - to see it drop to 300 this year).

i am coming from indonesia, i read news (hence the news apps), i bought gadgets every other day and i got 2 playbooks (gave one to my cousin)..and i use my 9900 as my business phone...i have been banned for "trolling" last year but those folks who get pissed by me turns out to be a bigger troll when the disappointment keeps coming and people are just tired of rim-promise.
    that was then, before restructuring + new CEO - so now we're into the new RIM, new products, new OS, and hopefully it sells so RIM can stay in the business.
    being realistic does not necessarily be a troll, unless you are in fanboy country.
    08-16-12 04:14 AM
    @sportline - I don't think your a troll. I just think your Bitter & Angry.

I know things can get frustrating sometimes, but remember to relax, it's not the end of the world

08-16-12 04:26 AM
    no i am not angry nor bitter - that was then. just being straightforward. i got other gadgets to worry about...my experience with Nokia Lumia 900 is a lot more disappointing than any blackberry devices!!!
    what RIM missed out is not technology or resources - its all there - its the strategy that is missing - hopefully new CEO can pick up the pieces, work out the puzzle and get the picture completed in time.
    08-16-12 05:21 AM
    playbook is not competitive since it got no pocket/reuter/bloomberg news/aljazeera/bbc/theverge etc etc. NO DECENT APPS.
    Hi sportline

Maybe I am missing something, but I regularly access BBC (incl iPlayer), AlJazeera & Bloomberg using the PB browser and my experiences are good (really good images, quick loading, etc, etc)

Yes, I would like the PB to have the equivalent of the Bloomberg App (that I have on my Bold) - but I am happy to wait for all of this stuff to be ported to OS 10 (or whatever they are going to call it)

My gut feel is that longer term there will be less and less app development (especially for news organisations), and more and more stuff will be going to HTML5....
    08-16-12 05:38 AM
    iPad is best device and Secondary i would recommend Android / Blackberry because these devices are affordable......
    Last edited by tadak; 08-16-12 at 05:59 AM.
    08-16-12 05:53 AM
    Hi sportline

Maybe I am missing something, but I regularly access BBC (incl iPlayer), AlJazeera & Bloomberg using the PB browser and my experiences are good (really good images, quick loading, etc, etc)

Yes, I would like the PB to have the equivalent of the Bloomberg App (that I have on my Bold) - but I am happy to wait for all of this stuff to be ported to OS 10 (or whatever they are going to call it)

My gut feel is that longer term there will be less and less app development (especially for news organisations), and more and more stuff will be going to HTML5....
    Hi Al,
    yeah we're bogged down because this playbook OS turns out to be an interim/beta OS while waiting for BB10 (which is supposed to be the real thing).
    i don't really understand on the HTML5 or apps but as you did mention reading/using that bloomberg news in bb 9900..well..its VERY GOOD. black background, clear fonts, loads up in seconds..its a satisfactory read , every single time.
    08-16-12 06:15 AM
    HA! No kidding. I laughed reading this. Thks was extremely biased but even when removing the criteria exclusive to Blackberry, it really beats everyone else. All of the criteria can be turned into something general.

But I thought the Galaxy tab didn't pause apps! Anyway, Go BB! I can't wait for Blackberry 10!
    rexrim likes this.
    08-16-12 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD