I want to get something for entertainment that's a step from the Z30 but a step below a laptop. What do you guys think? A Playbook or a Nintendo 3DS XL?

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-25-13 12:22 PM
    Depends on what entertainment you were referring to and if money matters.
    From a pure gaming, then the 3DS is a lot better but it is going to cost you $20-$30 per game vs Free -$5 per game on the playbook.
    But if you look at other entertainment factors like video streaming, web surfing, magazines, books, music, social media etc, then the Playbook is a clear winner.
    dslocumb likes this.
    11-25-13 12:35 PM
    From a pure gaming, then the 3DS is a lot better but it is going to cost you $20-$30 per game vs Free -$5 per game on the playbook.
    But if you look at other entertainment factors like video streaming, web surfing, magazines, books, music, social media etc, then the Playbook is a clear winner.
    That was almost exactly what my response was going to be.
    11-25-13 12:38 PM
    Well then, a playbook it is. I'm selling my console, and all my games soon, and u need something to the entertainment. How goes side loading Netflix on the playbook? Is it the same as BB10 devices?

11-25-13 03:28 PM
    Playbook

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    11-25-13 03:29 PM
    Netflix does not run on the PlayBook currently (app and website both do not work). For general "entertainment" your Z30 can do anything a PlayBook can, but the Z30 can actually do a lot more. So why bother? Just hook the Z30 to any HDMI output?
    For a handheld gaming system the 3DS is by far the best system I have ever used, the amount of high quality titles is amazing. Sure the AAA-titles are a bit more expensive than $5 apps, but they are also a lot more substantial. And the 3DS has a lot of great low-priced digital games as well.
    11-25-13 03:46 PM
    Netflix does not run on the PlayBook currently (app and website both do not work). For general "entertainment" your Z30 can do anything a PlayBook can, but the Z30 can actually do a lot more. So why bother? Just hook the Z30 to any HDMI output?
    For a handheld gaming system the 3DS is by far the best system I have ever used, the amount of high quality titles is amazing. Sure the AAA-titles are a bit more expensive than $5 apps, but they are also a lot more substantial. And the 3DS has a lot of great low-priced digital games as well.
    Don't want to use my phone for everything, this is why I asked for advice on what device to use as my in between screen for entertainment.

11-25-13 04:25 PM
    I run netflix on my home computer and stream it to the playbook.
    11-25-13 04:43 PM
    Why not a cheap supported tablet? If you're going to be using flash I doubt the pb will get anymore updates to the player so consider that too.
    11-25-13 04:55 PM
    Bump

12-01-13 11:17 PM