I got a blackberryQ10 phone and I have been trying to tether it with my blackberry playbook but it cant connect.
    The Bluetooth for both connects fine and the two are able to get paired but when you get to the tethering process, after selecting the phone name on the playbook and entering the profile, it tries to connect and instead retains a message that "Phonename" can't be found.
    The settings are okay but this is the problem. The OS version for the phone is 10.1.0.2342 and that of the playbook is 2.1.0.1526. I am wondering whether the OS is the issue and if not what might be the problem. Kindly help.
    Last edited by joekmps; 09-24-13 at 12:50 PM.
    09-24-13 07:11 AM
    I got a blackberry curve 8900 phone and I have been trying to tether it with my blackberry playbook but it cant connect.
    The Bluetooth for both connects fine and the two are able to get paired but when you get to the tethering process, after selecting the phone name on the playbook and entering the profile, it tries to connect and instead retains a message that "Phonename" can't be found.
    The settings are okay but this is the problem. The OS version for the phone is 10.1.0.2342 and that of the playbook is 2.1.0.1526. I am wondering whether the OS is the issue and if not what might be the problem. Kindly help.
    Some airtime providers don't allow tethering?
    09-24-13 08:05 AM
    You do not necessarily have to "tether" (that term can lead to confusion in any event). The BRIDGE function provides the DATA connection to the phone and a sort of "tether" The pb's browser can then use the Bridge data connnection to surf. BUT carriers like AT&T have closed that off - you will get some error or advisory message to contact them. There are work-arounds - if you need them, reply back
    09-24-13 08:57 AM
    I got a blackberry curve 8900 phone and I have been trying to tether it with my blackberry playbook but it cant connect.
    That's exactly why I mentioned air time providers????? Just come back and tell us with carrier your with and you will get help to solve your problem. I don't think it's a bb issue more like carrier?
    09-24-13 09:08 AM
    I'm not a BB phone guy, but how are you running OS 10.1.0.2342 on a curve 8900? Is that even possible?
    09-24-13 11:50 AM
    The settings are okay but this is the problem. The OS version for the phone is 10.1.0.2342 and that of the .playbook is 2.1.0.1526 I am wondering whether the OS is the issue and if not what might be the problem. Kindly help.
    try updating to .1753 on playbook...
    09-24-13 12:36 PM
    Thanks for your post.
    I still have the problem by phone is not curve 8900 it is Q10.
    So can I upgrade the blackberry playbook to a version that can match that of Q10 so that tethering for internet is possible?
    Thanks for the help
    10-28-13 02:26 AM
    Thanks for your post.
    I still have the problem by phone is not curve 8900 it is Q10.
    So can I upgrade the blackberry playbook to a version that can match that of Q10 so that tethering for internet is possible?
    Thanks for the help
    10-28-13 02:26 AM