Android player is the same version, but I guess some of the other underlying bug fixes could have helped.
    The Flash update included in 1314 has also resolved the full screen problem I had when playing a video through the browser. Before 1314 the option for full screen didn't work.
    I am running Plex Media Server 9.7.7

�5 is a bit pricey. The same app on my Surface was �2.19.
    Plus this is an Android port. The Android version is �3. I'm not a great fan of buying the same app again. I think the browser is good and I can control it from my 9900.
    12-22-12 06:22 PM
    So, after updating none of my android apps work. These are mostly apps from the BB App Store, but some were sideloaded, too. None work. Selecting an app does nothing, and selecting it again opens the Android player, at which point the Playbook freezes.

Do not tellme to reinstall the OS or do a wipe - It is rediculous to expect users to wipe/reinstall the OS every other month. I no longer put anything important on my PB (which defeats the purpose of having one), because I know it will have to be wiped/reinstalled regularly.
    12-23-12 02:52 AM
    So, after updating none of my android apps work. These are mostly apps from the BB App Store, but some were sideloaded, too. None work. Selecting an app does nothing, and selecting it again opens the Android player, at which point the Playbook freezes.

Do not tellme to reinstall the OS or do a wipe - It is rediculous to expect users to wipe/reinstall the OS every other month. I no longer put anything important on my PB (which defeats the purpose of having one), because I know it will have to be wiped/reinstalled regularly.
    I never had a problem with my Android apps on my Playbook after the update, to be honest. What Android apps are you referring to exactly?
    12-23-12 03:12 AM
    The android player refuses to open at all, irrelevant of which apps I try to open.
    12-23-12 03:21 AM
    Odd... Android ports seem fine on mine... Something must have gone wrong with the update
    12-23-12 03:49 AM
    The android player refuses to open at all, irrelevant of which apps I try to open.
    they shoulda never added the android player to pb. ever since..nuthing but probleems from everyone, all different issues, but generally the same complaint.
    its audio, video, wifi, battery charge system, and usb port. playbooks are basiclly double perwonalities. when it wants to turn into a playbook oooh the device works like a charm, but. it can snap, and any second, the android becomes active...hijacking ur wifi, then u have to re awaken ur wifi by touching the lil symbol, then,...next thing u know, playbook has gone quiet while u been streaming nobex radio....and u realize the droid has snagged the audio for it self and refuses to give it back to playbook. even the qndroid kill apps won't fix it. so u hard boot and accept the fact that ur pb is a skitzo, but r grateful u got two deviced for the price of one, , lmao...seriously tho..
    see what its done to some of us..lol its makin meeeee crazy. lol just as long as I'm not half droid too argggggggg!!!

droids...what the .********...were they thinkin. lol I wish there were a way to do some kind of droidectomy, or make the player optional...
    12-23-12 03:50 AM
    how did u kill it?

please, lemme know... I'm ready to put that sucka 6 ft under! ... playbook I love ..droids, I detest, lol
    12-23-12 03:53 AM

the developers r gettin lazy, not keeping up with their apps and not updating their programs to the bb pb latest standards might be harming our systems more than we think...directly and indirectly. some of the bb app world apps are. straight poooop! "who let this guy make that app and how did it get by into app world." I ask myself that all the time. well answer is its probably been there since pb os 1. no one seems to be ridding the app world of the crap...why? id rather have 500 quality apps to choose from than 500,000 P.o.s.'s, where its a crap shoot that you will actually be able to use what ur payin for.

bb is slackin... let's hope that its just cuz bb10 has taken hold of all the worthy devs...
    12-23-12 04:03 AM
    My Playbook has been UBER slow and unresponsive since the update
    12-23-12 06:37 AM
    ...or in the case of the previous update, "worst" improvement... (yeah, I know, there is no such thing as ""worst improvement" ;-) )...
    Charge: Creation of a "Worse or Worst" Improvement.
    Exhibit 1: (Worse / Worst Improvement) The "Ribbon" in Microsoft Office Suite.
    Defence Attorney: Your Honor, the youts like the Ribbon.
    Judge: Youts? What are 'youts'? (as he looks at the court reporter and the the defence attorney)
    Defence Attorney: Youts - you know the young people. The youts.
    Prosecutor: (in contemptuous voice) Where did my esteemed colleague earn his law degree? Jersey Shore University? (spectators in the courtroom laugh)
    Judge: (bangs gavel) Order in the court.
    (silence in courtroom)
    Judge: Why is a ribbon necessary to use a computer? Does the Microsoft Office Suite come in a box tied neatly with a ribbon and bow?
    (spectators break out in hysterical laughter)
    Prosecutor: The state rests its case.
    Judge: Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, it is upon your shoulders that the fate of ribbons in offices shall be decided.
    (jurors file out of the courtroom into the jury room to deliberate)
    (some hours pass)
    Judge: What say ye in the case of "The Microsoft Ribbon?"
    Jury Forewoman: Guilty. Because I never received a pretty ribbon with my version of Microsoft Office Suite.
    Judge: And what version did you buy, Madame?
    Jury Forewoman: Microsoft Office 97, your Honor.
    Judge: Consider yourself better for the non-experience. Sentencing to be determined in 365 days. (bangs gavel)
    Judge: See y'all at the Bar-B-Q this evening.
    Lendo likes this.
    12-23-12 09:39 AM
    My Playbook has been UBER slow and unresponsive since the update
    I found it necessary to perform a hard reboot twice immediately following the installation of the latest update to BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1.0.1314. Now performance of the tablet seems to be normal. Research In Motion should label the versions as Unity (1), e (2.71828), pi (3.14159), etc. Or more precisely the mathematical definition of these values should be used as the version label. Imagine BlackBerry Tablet OS Unity, BlackBerry Tablet OS e, BlackBerry Tablet OS pi. With the irrational nature of both e and pi the intermediate versions are boundless and Research In Motion would have an infinite numbering scheme between non-Unity releases; after all nobody trusts a version 1.0 product anyway.
    12-23-12 09:50 AM
    Yah, I tried that too. Still seems very slow.
    12-23-12 03:53 PM
    i finds my playbook a little better. the browser is improved. I for one like the android emulator. it opens a new world for the playbook. Now i can stream movies through es file manager. play a few good games. The appworld is a joke. sure there is a few good apps, but a lot of them are nothing but a waste of time and expects you to pay for them.
    12-23-12 06:04 PM
    Just a minute: I am confused. Is the update 37Mb or 400Mb?
    12-24-12 12:34 AM
    It's 37mb. But some people experience problems in the installation process resulting for them to download the 400+ mb update when they restart their PlayBook IMO. For me I will skip this update for now

Just a minute: I am confused. Is the update 37Mb or 400Mb?
    12-24-12 03:34 AM
    they shoulda never added the android player to pb. ever since..nuthing but probleems from everyone, all different issues, but generally the same complaint.
    Your statement is too general. I and many others haven't had problems with Android Player.
    12-24-12 04:30 AM
    Charge: Creation of a "Worse or Worst" Improvement.
    Exhibit 1: (Worse / Worst Improvement) The "Ribbon" in Microsoft Office Suite.
    Defence Attorney: Your Honor, the youts like the Ribbon.
    Judge: Youts? What are 'youts'? (as he looks at the court reporter and the the defence attorney)
    Defence Attorney: Youts - you know the young people. The youts.
    Prosecutor: (in contemptuous voice) Where did my esteemed colleague earn his law degree? Jersey Shore University? (spectators in the courtroom laugh)
    Judge: (bangs gavel) Order in the court.
    (silence in courtroom)
    Judge: Why is a ribbon necessary to use a computer? Does the Microsoft Office Suite come in a box tied neatly with a ribbon and bow?
    (spectators break out in hysterical laughter)
    Prosecutor: The state rests its case.
    Judge: Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, it is upon your shoulders that the fate of ribbons in offices shall be decided.
    (jurors file out of the courtroom into the jury room to deliberate)
    (some hours pass)
    Judge: What say ye in the case of "The Microsoft Ribbon?"
    Jury Forewoman: Guilty. Because I never received a pretty ribbon with my version of Microsoft Office Suite.
    Judge: And what version did you buy, Madame?
    Jury Forewoman: Microsoft Office 97, your Honor.
    Judge: Consider yourself better for the non-experience. Sentencing to be determined in 365 days. (bangs gavel)
    Judge: See y'all at the Bar-B-Q this evening.
    I never thought I'd see the day that "My Cousin Vinny" was tied into a Blackberry discussion. Bravo
    12-24-12 07:35 AM
    It might be just me but with NO APPS open when I put my PB into standby last night I was at 54% battery. This AM - 6 hours later - the battery read 24%. A 50% drop over 6 hours - pretty odd. But that said I have noticed the need to recharge much more since the update. Anyone else seeing this ?
    12-24-12 08:38 AM
    It might be just me but with NO APPS open when I put my PB into standby last night I was at 54% battery. This AM - 6 hours later - the battery read 24%. A 50% drop over 6 hours - pretty odd. But that said I have noticed the need to recharge much more since the update. Anyone else seeing this ?
    Maybe the bottom half of your fuel tank is smaller.
    axllebeer likes this.
    12-24-12 08:50 AM
    It's 37mb. But some people experience problems in the installation process resulting for them to download the 400+ mb update when they restart their PlayBook IMO. For me I will skip this update for now
    My experience was strange. I chose to skip installation. Two days later, I came home to find my playbook screen active with something going on in Print to Go (a program I have never used)! I closed that program and saw a notification telling me that the 400+MB update had successfully downloaded! So, simply checking for software updates then leaving was enough to trigger an unwanted update of 37 MB followed by an update of 400 MB.

It's stunts like this that made me decide to go with an Android phone and stop waiting for BB10. I like my Playbook but I am limited in my use by the fact that every update screws up something important to me. So I no longer use the calendar. I've stopped taking pictures because I can't find them easily because of the screwed up filing system.

I see absolutely no improvement to anything since this update was forced upon me. Crossed fingers, I see nothing bad -- yet.
    12-24-12 04:25 PM
    so far, im not too lucky with the upgrade. laggy keyboard, browser keeps on hanging and crashing.
    12-25-12 02:01 AM
    so far, im not too lucky with the upgrade. laggy keyboard, browser keeps on hanging and crashing.
    Sometimes it takes multiple hard reboots after clearing the web browser caches as well after an update.
    12-25-12 11:51 PM
    sideloaded apps still work right?
    12-26-12 08:01 PM
    sideloaded apps still work right?
    Work great for me.
    12-26-12 08:24 PM
    I can FINALLY set up my Gmail account. Previously I would get server errors and it would not set up. I have also noted the lack of keyboard entry lag. SCORE!
    agreed!!! this appears to have fixed my gmail issue (which I think was caused by an active sync account conflict). :d very glad to get this back working again :d.
    12-26-12 08:48 PM
129 ... 3456