Do you think its possible?
    11-30-11 02:35 PM
    Yes, at least I hope. There was a thread a while ago asking people to write their suggestions for the playbook. This is one of the suggestion that I had. I heard it is coming, but not sure that's true.
    11-30-11 02:43 PM
    It's coming.
    11-30-11 02:44 PM
    absolutely - my favorite Christmas in February surprise...at least I asked Santa.
    11-30-11 03:04 PM
    It's coming in OS2.0....
    11-30-11 03:07 PM
    Sounds like a nifty feature, but would that not be a distraction?
    If I have my BB out and typing on it, I might as well just use the BB as the screen is right there in front of me.
    Of course, there may be the few that mastered the use of a BB's keyboard and are not required to look at the keys (not me!)
    11-30-11 03:29 PM
    You'll also be able to use your phones touchscreen/trackpad as a mouse.
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-30-11 04:02 PM
    If I have my BB out and typing on it, I might as well just use the BB as the screen is right there in front of me.
    Of course, there may be the few that mastered the use of a BB's keyboard and are not required to look at the keys (not me!)
    This feature for the BB phones would be very useful in presentations using the PB hooked up to a screen, simular to the laptops are used now in presentations.

Or even if your PB is hooked up to your TV.
    11-30-11 04:09 PM
    You'll also be able to use your phones touchscreen/trackpad as a mouse.
    Still wondering if this might have been the feature you suggested was coming, well, now, a few months back in one of those few, infrequent upgrades? Or is there still something else special (and sweet to use Kevin's term) coming? (yup, some of us oldsters still remember way back when..... )
    11-30-11 04:54 PM
    To me it's far more distracting to have the keyboard pop up over what you're looking at and cover half of the display and touch real estate. Plus you don't have to hold the heavier playbook you can just set it down somewhere or prop it up - even leave it in the charging cradle. No arm fatigue and you can type with one thumb - as I always do on the phone kbd

Virtual keyboard absolutely requires you to look at the keys. Plus no tactile feedback to tell you if you hit it twice, didn't hit it at all.. missed it completely...

Think of using it as a remote while you have the hdmi piped out to a large display - and as jafo pointed out - awesome for presentations! You don't have to look like a dork carrying a tab around and controlling it with two hands. You have both hands virtually free to point gesture - animate yourself. Not to mention the wow factor of ... is that guy using his phone to control the presentation? Think small handheld remote control!

And even with this awesome feature - you always have the option not to use it
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-30-11 at 05:39 PM.
    11-30-11 04:59 PM
    I see what you guys mean.
    Any and all new features will be a bonus and I will be glad to partake in the updates
    11-30-11 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD