So while on vacation, my 7 month old pb stopped charging. Called BlackBerry today and went through their diagnostics and determined it should be sent in for repair. My usb port looks fine. I hope my kids didn't try to charge it and broke it

How many have sent in their pb for the 1 year limited warranty? Were they fixed for free? What are my chances they'll actually fix or replace it? Worried they'll tell me they can fix it for a gazillion dollars....
    06-06-13 04:00 PM
    They will fix it with no issues so long as upon inspection they don't find that "your kids" tried to "charge it and broke it" I have read three other threads on here where people came asked about the warranty and each time the kids placed [or tried to] the microUSB in backwards and they will ask you to pay for that repair. I just love how I come across this exact kind of post every few months

Best of luck!
    06-06-13 04:04 PM
    I asked the kids and they denied trying to charge it but it was the only thing I could think of unless the port really did die. I received my box today and already fedex'ed it back. So we'll see! Crossing my fingers!
    06-07-13 01:52 PM
    The USB is one that they can balk at. I think it is ~$100, tho. Just get yourself a rapid charger and use the magnetic coupler. It really is much easier.

Oh, did you happen to let it fully discharge before the inability to charge? Did you do then stack charging?
    06-07-13 02:19 PM
    +1 on the rapid charger. Saves the usb port for when Rimberry permits usbtg. I heard that is coming soon
    06-07-13 02:48 PM
    Ya soon as bb10 drops at half past never
    antiRIM likes this.
    06-08-13 12:44 AM
    I fried my PB battery (my fault) once and I was issued a new PB under the 1yr warranty. The whole process was fairly quick and I was quite pleased with the outcome and turn around time.
    06-08-13 02:09 AM
    The warranty process is surprisingly quick and easy. My PlayBook was fixed and returned in less than a week.

The same couldn't be said for Google, their warranty process is shocking (they wanted me to pay for a tablet that they would later refund?) and their service reps were sighing in between sentences like they couldn't be bothered.
    06-09-13 04:01 AM
    So while on vacation, my 7 month old pb stopped charging. Called BlackBerry today and went through their diagnostics and determined it should be sent in for repair. My usb port looks fine. I hope my kids didn't try to charge it and broke it

How many have sent in their pb for the 1 year limited warranty? Were they fixed for free? What are my chances they'll actually fix or replace it? Worried they'll tell me they can fix it for a gazillion dollars....
    Yes. Sometimes they even go beyond the one year warranty. My is fixed. Excellent service for all the problems we have with the device.
    06-09-13 11:27 AM
    Yes, they are fixing mine too! I was so pleased when I read the email. No fuss, no questions. Makes me even more loyal to blackberry than before! Seriously, how many other companies are like that? Any type of electronic repairs I've had in the future have been a total pain until now!
    FF22 likes this.
    06-12-13 01:05 PM