I think they may even announce a new PlayBook with all-new updated BB10 for tablets on it, along with a 10 " version

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-28-13 04:34 AM
    And now with the CRIPPLING of the Bridge function, they have ruined that "extension" of the phone.
    Hey, what can I say, quoting a "genius of geniuses"

I was thinking about this more. When I first went looking at the pb, the first thing I did was pair my 9930 with the pb at Best Buy. While I waited another week to purchase it, I was sold as soon as I saw I could read my mail on the pb and check the Memos and Calendar and Contacts. As soon as I broke the connection, the Best Buy model was clean and MY DATA was gone from it. What a great scheme and now Rim/BBRY blows it off as not much of a feature. Who are they kidding? What were they thinking?
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-28-13 08:47 AM
    don't know how it is in your area but in southern ontario a few months back, they couldn't give away playbooks. now, all of a sudden they're gone, not one store I've been to has them, futureshop, bestbuy, staples etc, gone!. its been mentioned here and I think it may be true. a new bb tablet with 2 gig ram is coming for future os 's be it 10 or whatever
    Check the WalMart online inventory for 32GB WiFi PlayBooks. Most stores in my own area do have stock at an attractive price. Most stores you mention are no longer authorised resellers of the PlayBook. I know there are still stocks at BB because it is still possible to get them through an employee (you have to know an employee to get a PlayBook via that route though). If you don't mind the online route, you can get a PlayBook through some US online retailers such as Amazon (expensive) or Tiger Direct (the US website).

TH has stated another tablet is in the works but it seems as if BB has not found the niche it needs to fill in order to get beyond the $199 price point that TH does not want to be in.
    02-28-13 08:50 AM
    Hey, what can I say, quoting a "genius of geniuses"

I was thinking about this more. When I first went looking at the pb, the first thing I did was pair my 9930 with the pb at Best Buy. While I waited another week to purchase it, I was sold as soon as I saw I could read my mail on the pb and check the Memos and Calendar and Contacts. As soon as I broke the connection, the Best Buy model was clean and MY DATA was gone from it. What a great scheme and now Rim/BBRY blows it off as not much of a feature. Who are they kidding? What were they thinking?
    Why did you just repost the same thing? We get it... You're upset. But don't you think those features will come along with future updates? Or do you know something that we do not?
    02-28-13 10:24 AM
    Why did you just repost the same thing? We get it... You're upset. But don't you think those features will come along with future updates? Or do you know something that we do not?
    Because I'm free to babble as an old man (not as sad as some).

As for whether those features will comes in a future update - I have no idea. Rim/BBRY gives no hint. They have issued a blog which makes things totally UNclear and speaking of babble, they do an excellent job of saying nothing in response to the criticism about the loss of Bridge features. So no, I know no more than others and rim has not made any plans available so that I or others can plan. So I can continue to WARN innocents abroad about this issue. Hence my repost.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-28-13 10:45 AM
    Because I'm free to babble as an old man (not as sad as some).

As for whether those features will comes in a future update - I have no idea. Rim/BBRY gives no hint. They have issued a blog which makes things totally UNclear and speaking of babble, they do an excellent job of saying nothing in response to the criticism about the loss of Bridge features. So no, I know no more than others and rim has not made any plans available so that I or others can plan. So I can continue to WARN innocents abroad about this issue. Hence my repost.
    Haha, alright, fair enough. I have no inside info either, but I'm positive they will add the functionality that the java version had. It only makes sense
    02-28-13 10:54 AM
    I just attend the BB10 rollout in DC and they were asked the question if BB10 will be out for the PB and they said yes, but not a clue when
    02-28-13 11:55 AM
    I think you've maybe missed his point. Unless it has everything that is in BB10 on the phones, it isn't BB10... it's BB10-Lite... or, as the man said, PBOS3.0.
    So because it will never have the phone function, it will never be BB10?
    02-28-13 01:13 PM
    So because it will never have the phone function, it will never be BB10?
    Don't be silly, I'm sure you know exactly what I mean.

There are things in BB10 that are obviously nonsensical on a PB, like the phone software. However, unless the underlying PB hardware doesn't support the functionality, there is no reason to exclude it. If the PB got BB10 with the "stuff that wouldn't work anyway" taken out, I'm sure everyone would accept that the OS was "full" BB10.

On the other hand, if you start taking things away (such as the Hub, simplifying the UI, fewer multitasking Apps, etc), that could work perfectly on the PB hardware simply to ensure that the OS runs smoothly, then the OS has diverged and it becomes BB10-Lite, or PBOS3.0.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 02-28-13 at 01:44 PM.
    02-28-13 01:33 PM
    Don't be silly, I'm sure you know exactly what I mean.

There are things in BB10 that are obviously nonsensical on a PB, like the phone software. However, unless the underlying PB hardware doesn't support the functionality, there is no reason to exclude it. If the PB got BB10 with the "stuff that wouldn't work anyway" taken out, I'm sure everyone would accept that the OS was "full" BB10.

On the other hand, if you start taking things away (such as the Hub, simplifying the UI, fewer multitasking Apps, etc), that could work perfectly on the PB hardware simply to ensure that the OS runs smoothly, then the OS has diverged and it becomes BB10-Lite, or PBOS3.0.
    By this logic then is iOS for previous iterations of the iphone (iphone 4) considered iOS light? as it doesnt have siri and 3d maps? im assuming these two things were taken out for the same reason, lack of processing power and ram when comparing to the 4s and 5
    02-28-13 02:12 PM
    By this logic then is iOS for previous iterations of the iphone (iphone 4) considered iOS light? as it doesnt have siri and 3d maps? im assuming these two things were taken out for the same reason, lack of processing power and ram when comparing to the 4s and 5
    Slightly off-topic, as I'm not sure why Apple have entered the debate, but I'll bite.

If iPhone4 is fully capable of running that functionality, but it's been excluded, then those earlier versions of iPhone do indeed have iOS-Lite.

However, I'm not sure I buy that the reason for not having Siri/Maps on earlier iPhones is lack of hardware resources. iPhone4 is a powerful platform and I'm sure it can display a map as well as iPhone5. Unlike a speculative BB10-Lite, the reason for iOS-Lite is not to improve the user experience on earlier (limited?) hardware but act as an incentive for iPhone3,4 owners to upgrade to a new iPhone5 (and get the bonus of Siri and Maps). That's commercial common sense surely - to give people a reason to get the latest and greatest stuff?
    02-28-13 03:08 PM
    Slightly off-topic, as I'm not sure why Apple have entered the debate, but I'll bite.

If iPhone4 is fully capable of running that functionality, but it's been excluded, then those earlier versions of iPhone do indeed have iOS-Lite.

However, I'm not sure I buy that the reason for not having Siri/Maps on earlier iPhones is lack of hardware resources. iPhone4 is a powerful platform and I'm sure it can display a map as well as iPhone5. Unlike a speculative BB10-Lite, the reason for iOS-Lite is not to improve the user experience on earlier (limited?) hardware but act as an incentive for iPhone3,4 owners to upgrade to a new iPhone5 (and get the bonus of Siri and Maps). That's commercial common sense surely - to give people a reason to get the latest and greatest stuff?
    makes sense, why wouldnt they want to force people to upgrade. SIRI i can agree will most definitely run on the 4 as i had the version installed on a jailbroken device however 3d maps requires more gpu power than the iphone 4 can provide (im assuming here). It may "work" but the user experience would be sub par considering how some of the new games run on older ios devices.
    but good point nonetheless. Its quite obviously a cash grab simple and plain.
    03-01-13 12:09 PM
62 123