After seeing the price of the Playbook advertised at staples on black friday at $199 I started to look into the possibility of getting a tablet. I had just bought my wife an Ipad and thought for $200 I could have a good alternative at a reasonable price. I did some research online(cnet pcworld etc..) but did not come across this site until after my purchase. I thought it was a good risk to take and although there seemed to be a lack of good apps, there were enough pluses to make the purchase and I found one at radio shack before thanksgiving for $199. While the playbook does have some nice features the inconsistant performance was quite frustrating. I had a pretty regular wifi issue, it froze a few times, the touch sensitivity was spotty at best. I just found for me I preferred the larger screen my wife had with the ipad, along with the abundance of apps and much more consistant performance. After seeing the playbook on thanksgiving my 2 daughters decided they wanted one as did my sister. She put in an order on shopblackberry.com the day after thanksgiving. I waited a few days to see if I could find one locally and although I read a lot of chatter on this site about the poor performance of this site I ordered 1 playbook thru shopblackberry.com. In the mean time my sister had called me to say she had changed her mind and was going to buy an ereader instead and I told her I would buy the playbook she ordered from her for my daughter.So now 2 weeks later with still no shipments to myself or my sister and due to the mediocre performance and the multitude of issues with rim documented in the site, I decide to cancel my order. I had called yesterday to check the status of my order,(you can't check order numbers on the website unless you become a member prior to placing your order..who does that on a retail website???) and was told it was in shipping,(what does that mean??). He had no idea when it would be shipped( I have never encountered that on any website before and I order a bunch of stuff online). He couldn't tell me if I would get it before xmas or not. So today i decide to cancel my order and I call cust. service at 7:09. I am told that my playbook had "shipped" even though my account has not been charged.( I am 100% sure this has never happened to me before in any transaction that an item is shipped before they take your money..NEVER) I ask how come I did not get an email stating that my item had shipped and got no response.I told the gentleman that I wanted to cancel my order and was told it was shipped but when I asked to speak to a manager he said he could elevate the issue to the next level and send them an email to say that I wanted to cancel my order. I am curious if the playbook is already shipped what the **** is anyone going to do about it now?? Unless....it's not really shipped??? He said i would get an email from the higher ups in 2 or 3 days but when I got home I did get an email at 7:11 stating that the playbook had shipped with a USPS tracking number that doesnt work. What are the chances that I get an email 2 minutes after i try to cancel my order stating that the item has shipped?? Is that an unbelievable coincidence or is it that reps are instructed to send out this email to anyone that cancels an order to say ah shucks too late we just shipped it out!! Remember that no money has been taken out of my account, the tracking number is bogus and and the higher ups might jump out the window to flag down the mailtruck and retrieve my playbook since it was "shipped".Meanwhile my sister had called and emailed shopblackberry.com and tried to cancel her order with a similar result. She was told her item had shipped and 3 days later the money came out of her account but 3 days still and she has no playbook. Could it be that as I stated before that customers who cancel are told that the item has shipped and then the company plays catch up and tries to fill these orders 1st so as not to lose any sales?? While i don't know for sure that this is what this middle man company is doing, as a neewbie I had no preconcieved notion at all about Blackberry or RIM but I did know a little about the ipad since my wife had one for a short period, and I would never see myself purchasing anything from blackberry or RIM again. They just turned me off. Thanks to all of you for posting some helpful and insight into this process.
    12-09-11 09:43 PM
    aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh! paragraphs, please!
    12-09-11 09:45 PM
    Please go to this post and try your story there..

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ebsite-673221/
    12-09-11 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD