BlackBerry releasing a new tablet would be a disaster repeated. Not sure why anyone thinks it would be a good move.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-17-15 08:18 AM
    They would not support their previous tablet. Surely they are not daft enough to try again?

What they should do is release the large parts of Bridge that they removed from OS7 for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 02:09 AM
    Just bought 2 more brand new Playbooks 32GB 1.5GHz LTE (sim card).

UI is better designed for multi-tasking and incredibly smooth. Would be great if they released a successor as a premium tablet.
    I use my PlayBook every day to preview XR images, presentation slides and PDF docs.

It is not very fast but it is fast ENOUGH with a surprisingly good battery life. When it dies, I will buy another as it is a cheap and secure tablet.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    05-18-15 02:11 AM
    It isn't secure if you use email and surf on it. There are exploits that haven't been patched on it.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-19-15 09:14 AM
    Don't use email or web-browser on it as it is painfully slow. I use the Bridge functions, well those that Blackberry has decided to leave working...
    05-21-15 10:25 AM
    It isn't secure if you use email and surf on it. There are exploits that haven't been patched on it.
    Agree with regards to the browser.
    E-Mail is still safe if you have disabled all weak protocols and cipher suites on the server.

I actually just bought two PlayBooks for our office.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 11:47 AM
    Agree with regards to the browser.
    E-Mail is still safe if you have disabled all weak protocols and cipher suites on the server.

I actually just bought two PlayBooks for our office.

Posted via CB10
    LOL OK. I guess some still like the things. I see no reason for anyone to buy such old outdated unsupported tech anymore esp. for an office. But if they work for you, good deal.
    05-21-15 11:59 AM
    LOL OK. I guess some still like the things. I see no reason for anyone to buy such old outdated unsupported tech anymore esp. for an office. But if they work for you, good deal.
    We actually use only the watch showing different time zones, the calendar, the calculator and occasionally maybe Videochat with the handsets.

They were very cheap, I think nobody in the accounting dep. will raise and eyebrow when I tell them I bought "two new calculators."

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 12:44 PM
    I think the BlackBerry classic and ipad combo is quite good

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 01:25 PM
    I would LOVE to see an oversized passport as a tablet. It would be awesome. I think the tablet world needs a revolution.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 just can't handle it.
    05-24-15 06:38 AM
    Well the closest you can get to a BlackBerry tablet is the Passport. It is unique in its design, a veritable hybrid phablet...plus its got some killer specs.

I have a PlayBook 64GB, bought it almost 3 years ago. I still make some use of it. I have some movies and TV shows I bought when BlackBerry still had its video store. So I use the PlayBook's HDMI output and connect it via Bridge with my Leap...and watch them. Some Internet browsing etc. But it is clearly on its last legs.

I think that currently, in its present form and size, BlackBerry, even if it wanted to release another tablet it couldn't. It's not a cost-effective device and the tablet market is in decline...regardless what Apple keeps saying.

You'd be better off with buying a Microsoft Surface 3. It's an investment thus more expensive , but one that might be worth checking out.

Sadly, I don't think a BlackBerry tablet is feasible any time soon. Of course never say never...

Too bad because the PlayBook was a nicely designed and built device...To me it will always represent one of BlackBerry's missed opportunities!

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 06-07-15 at 11:32 AM.
    06-04-15 09:30 PM
    I agree with adonesc, consider a MS Surface Pro 3. I have a Surface 2 RT and despite its obvious app limitations due to the RT version of Windows, I absolutely love it as a tablet. It's fast, functional and has the right ports on it. Thankfully, RT is a dead duck now.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 08:09 PM
    Really? Could cite some examples please?
    06-06-15 04:34 AM
    Really? Could cite some examples please?
    https://freakattack.com/
    kbz1960 and tovento like this.
    06-06-15 06:51 AM
    Would someone give me to a thread on how to reload the pb os? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 11:29 PM
40 12