BB10 should have been pushed to Playbook immediately upon release of the Z10.
    Reason: 1 � 2 million Playbooks were in use worldwide, this would have created free advertising and free application development by expanded android porting.

BB10 should fully support �ALL� Android applications. We�ve all experienced the expanding frustration of how incompatible Playbook�s Android runtime is becoming.

Application porting (Android APK to BAR file translation and side loading) should be integrated into Blackberry desktop software� how about we fantasize and integrate this into the device itself??? Ok ok� that�s crazy talk.

Expand the capabilities of Documents to Go and Acrobat� we need a more powerful set of applications.

Solve video conferencing so we can communicate with users on iSO, Android, and Windows devices.

The list could go on� however I�m attempting to remain optimistic that BB10 will actually arrive to my Playbook and breath life back into this tablet. Fantasies are nice but reality is better. I continue to use my Playbook daily however the stagnation in application development is becoming frustrating. It works very well for what i does... however i'm spending too much time finding work arounds and watching others use applications (on competing devices) that i feel will never be supported by my Playbook, for no reason besides poor performance from Blackberry....

Come on Blackberry� pull it together
    FF22 and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    06-12-13 07:57 AM
    The problem with implementing BB10 on the playbook is the 1GB of RAM on device. While BB10 will run on 1GB of RAM, it would cause more harm than good, as the system would quickly begin to lag with too many applications open, etc.

Either it'll be a newer model playbook (possible) and/or a modified BB10 OS to run more efficiently on 1GB of RAM
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    06-12-13 10:46 AM
    The problem with implementing BB10 on the playbook is the 1GB of RAM on device. While BB10 will run on 1GB of RAM, it would cause more harm than good, as the system would quickly begin to lag with too many applications open, etc.

Either it'll be a newer model playbook (possible) and/or a modified BB10 OS to run more efficiently on 1GB of RAM
    personally id be completely ok with a bb10 lite, just as long as I can still do everything that I can do witn pb os 2.1 and more. what would be the point if it took features away.
    castoridae likes this.
    06-12-13 07:39 PM
    Yep, totally fine with just making improvements to 2.xxx. And bringing back my bridging like with my old blackberry.
    06-12-13 08:41 PM
    personally id be completely ok with a bb10 lite, just as long as I can still do everything that I can do witn pb os 2.1 and more. what would be the point if it took features away.
    Ask those that lost the FULL Bridge and wound up with a crippled bridge mini!
    06-12-13 08:54 PM
    Ask those that lost the FULL Bridge and wound up with a crippled bridge mini!
    I never said it my version of bb10 for playbook wouldn't have a revamped bridge.
    06-12-13 09:22 PM
    The additional 1gb ram on the z10 makes a huge difference. I've tried streaming videos on the z10 vs the pb and there's a noticeable difference.

So the pb would absolutely have to get a bb10 lite; if it is getting bb10 at all.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-12-13 10:04 PM
    I concur with above about BB Lite.
    06-12-13 11:19 PM
    IOS have really set the standard with their latest software able to run on iPod, iPhone, iPad. Many of which have a half GB of memory and a max of 1GB. iPad 2 and mini have .5GB.

This thread would suggest that BB10 is bloat ware compared to IOS.
    06-12-13 11:37 PM
    Before we assume the 2 gig's in the Z10 is the minimum required to run a stable Playbook lets discuss a few differences before we give Blackberry the easy pass on avoiding BB10 for Playbook.
    CPU in the playbook is less powerful ... 'might' be less memory dependent? Tech's please chime in here.
    Screen resolution is less... 1024x600, no mention of color depth for the Playbook, 1280 x 768, 24 bit color for the Z10. This potentially saves a lot of memory.
    No phone in the Playbook, that saves memory

Whats frustrating is that Blackberry knows already if BB10 is stable on the Playbook... i think the truth is somewhere buried in the willingness to update the device and stand behind this new OS as the Flagship to the future.
    06-13-13 09:02 AM

Just wondering. How many open apps would be too many?
    As far as my use I very seldom have more than two open at a time. Occasionally three for a copy/paste.
    It doesn't take that long to manually open a closed app if I need it.
    I like using my Z10 very much. But it can be a pain at times trying to navigate a website on the smaller screen. Then I switch back to my PB.

Since I have two PB's I think I'll give this a try one one of them.

Thanks to the OP and others for all your work.

Edit: Meant to say thanks to the OP of the thread on porting the BB10 to PB. Forgot I wasn't in that thread.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bob_tn; 06-13-13 at 10:18 AM.
    06-13-13 09:56 AM
    IOS have really set the standard with their latest software able to run on iPod, iPhone, iPad. Many of which have a half GB of memory and a max of 1GB. iPad 2 and mini have .5GB.

This thread would suggest that BB10 is bloat ware compared to IOS.
    Here is a thought for you. Your precious IOS7 is going to force every single app on the Apple platform to be rewritten to match the new look of the platform. Welcome to our world

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    06-13-13 10:07 AM
    BB10 should have been pushed to Playbook immediately upon release of the Z10.
    Reason: 1 – 2 million Playbooks were in use worldwide, this would have created free advertising and free application development by expanded android porting.
    Come on Blackberry… pull it together
    yup,,, i/we were sayin' this 5 months ago...
    06-13-13 10:21 AM

Every time I read this I have to wonder why nobody told BlackBerry about this before BlackBerry told the world that BB10 would be released for all existing Playbooks sometime this year.
    Has anyone told them yet? Maybe someone should.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-13-13 03:23 PM
    Every time I read this I have to wonder why nobody told BlackBerry about this before BlackBerry told the world that BB10 would be released for all existing Playbooks sometime this year.
    Has anyone told them yet? Maybe someone should.
    oh you silly doggy why don't you pee on fire hydrants
    castoridae likes this.
    06-13-13 03:27 PM
    I have had the PB for a few months now. I think the bridge is it's defining feature. I will not get a BB10 anything without the bridge function.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-14-13 10:02 AM
    Remove BlackBerry Hub for BlackBerry OS 10 on the BlackBerry PlayBook since it is a known memory hog and not necessary on the tablet.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    ATMJOE and bob_tn like this.
    06-20-13 06:56 PM