Okay, so I've been reading a lot of posts with people having mixed feelings about the Playbook not having Blackberry Messenger. Some people hate that RIM decided to release the Playbook without its famous Blackberry Messenger and some people have NO problem waiting for Bbm. What's your opinion that the BlackBerry Playbook doesn't have Blackberry Messenger on its release?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 12:42 AM
    Well, since I have no choice. I will wait. I have bbm on two handsets, believe me, my battery will be drained when bbm gets on the PB...lol

Cheers,
    04-26-11 12:45 AM
    Okay, so I've been reading a lot of posts with people having mixed feelings about the Playbook not having Blackberry Messenger. Some people hate that RIM decided to release the Playbook without its famous Blackberry Messenger and some people have NO problem waiting for Bbm. What's your opinion that the BlackBerry Playbook doesn't have Blackberry Messenger on its release?

It'll be coming soon. Those who own the device will get to enjoy it.
    04-26-11 12:47 AM
    its faster to type at your cell's physical keyboard than at a touchscreen?
    04-26-11 12:49 AM

It may seem that way to you, but it is not for me. I love typing on my 8520, and have wicked speed and accuracy, my 9780 on the other hand, is annoying as **** to type quickly on. The PB is the best on screen kb I have used. I got used to onscreen boards, but never really enjoyed it. With practice, your typing speed will improve. I guess I should type more on my Bold.
    04-26-11 12:52 AM
    Yes, I found it a lot easier to type and reply to post on crackberry on my BlackBerry 9700 then on the Playbook

04-26-11 12:54 AM
    It would be great if it was here already but i honestly would rather be using this great device for the months it may take for features to be completed and sent our way than wait around and let the hardware age in a warehouse some place.
    04-26-11 12:59 AM
    im enjoyin the pb... its wicked cool... im annoyed that i gotta set it down to pick upmy phone and respond to bbms... im using the pb just for browsing, keeping w my fantasy teams, n mystocks... when bbm comes out for this bad boy, i dont think i will be able to set it down... (still getting used to the typing n too lazy to fix my typos hah)
    04-26-11 01:10 AM
    im enjoyin the pb... its wicked cool... im annoyed that i gotta set it down to pick upmy phone and respond to bbms... im using the pb just for browsing, keeping w my fantasy teams, n mystocks... when bbm comes out for this bad boy, i dont think i will be able to set it down... (still getting used to the typing n too lazy to fix my typos hah)
    I hear you bro, I wish it hadf autotext and a dictionary too! How is Playbook on the Playbook not a word!!!

04-26-11 08:56 AM
    It doesn't bother me much. I just wish we had some sort of timetable on when it will be accessible on the Playbook. Could be next week, could be next year (OK, hopefully not). Just don't know right now.
    04-26-11 09:22 AM
    Unbridged BBM would be great. Bridged, you may as well use the BB.
    04-26-11 09:35 AM
    Unbridged BBM would be great. Bridged, you may as well use the BB.
    It does have it's own PIN. So, I do not see why not.
    04-26-11 09:39 AM
    Yeah it should have been there at launch, but yeah I'll wait.
    04-26-11 09:53 AM
    I'm hoping they're integrating video chat into BBM for the PB. That would be a great way to use the tech they already have in place.
    04-26-11 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD