I have been playing with my new PlayBook for a few hours now and noticed the BlackBerry logo on the back gets warm.

It never gets too warm but I am used to having an ice cold aluminum back on my iPad 2.
    04-19-11 02:57 PM
    To my knowledge, the iPad 2 also gets hot with extended use, remember that Plastic heats faster than aluminum so that could attribute to the heat.

oh and Flash usually uses more processor than HTML5 only.
    04-19-11 02:59 PM
    flash is like a a way to start a fire i think...laptops, PCs, the xoom....all get a little warm using flash based stuff
    04-19-11 03:05 PM
    let's not forget this has a dual core processor.....
    04-19-11 03:07 PM
    let's not forget this has a dual core processor.....
    As does my iPad 2.
    04-19-11 03:09 PM
    As does my iPad 2.
    Point?
    04-19-11 03:15 PM
    flash is like a a way to start a fire i think...laptops, PCs, the xoom....all get a little warm using flash based stuff
    Why do you think it's call "Flash".
    04-19-11 03:16 PM
    Point?
    What was your point? You indicated dual-core in the PB as if that should be the excuse for it getting hotter. The other person said so does their iPad2, which supposedly doesn't get as hot.

I think that's where that came from.
    Nascar Dog likes this.
    04-19-11 03:18 PM
    Point?
    Plastic + glue = melt?

04-19-11 03:18 PM
    i think its a built in feature, it will keep my hands warm in the winter
    howarmat and gbeebe like this.
    04-19-11 03:21 PM
    That explains why the logo on the back gets warm. The processor is right there.

Thanks to caltrmptguy86 for finding the teardown
    Blackberry PlayBook Teardown - iFixit
    Lucky45 likes this.
    04-19-11 05:13 PM
    i think its a built in feature, it will keep my hands warm in the winter
    RIM understands what its like to live in the harsh Canadian winter
    04-19-11 05:19 PM
    What was your point? You indicated dual-core in the PB as if that should be the excuse for it getting hotter. The other person said so does their iPad2, which supposedly doesn't get as hot.

I think that's where that came from.
    The ipad 2 does have a similar specked processor, but without multitasking, flash etc the processor is hardly being used. What would be hotter : a ferrari doing 150 mph or a ferrari doing 20 mph? Answer that and you get the answer to why the magical ipad 2 remains cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 06:42 PM
    I have been playing with my new PlayBook for a few hours now and noticed the BlackBerry logo on the back gets warm.

It never gets too warm but I am used to having an ice cold aluminum back on my iPad 2.
    Both My PlayBook and girlfriends iPad2 get warm...
    04-19-11 07:19 PM
    The ipad 2 does have a similar specked processor, but without multitasking, flash etc the processor is hardly being used. What would be hotter : a ferrari doing 150 mph or a ferrari doing 20 mph? Answer that and you get the answer to why the magical ipad 2 remains cool.

the iPad does multitasking.
    04-19-11 07:22 PM

Actually...it may be cooler going faster - more airflow through the radiator :P
    04-19-11 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD