Considering this morning at BB DevCon they showed off the usability of a paired BB and its keyboard as remote control for the PB, what do you think the possibility is of using a BB keyboard as a game controller for emulators like FCEUX, Snes9x, VBAM & dgen?

I can picture it now...PB connected via HDMI to my flatscreen while I'm on the couch with my BB playing the classics...Physical buttons will always beat the controls on a tablet
    Laerrus likes this.
    02-07-12 11:19 AM
    I wonder what the obstacle is in getting a proper Bluetooth gamepad to pair with the PlayBook? I'd love to use the new SNES emulator in the fashion you described, but I insist on good controls.
    02-07-12 11:40 AM
    I'm more concerned about how will we be able to use the gestures with smartphone w/o touchscreen.
    02-07-12 11:58 AM
    I'm more concerned about how will we be able to use the gestures with smartphone w/o touchscreen.
    There are menu options for non-touch BB phones for all of the swipe gestures. So instead of swiping your screen, you'd select 'swipe up from bezel' from the BB's menu. It's an extra click on the phone, but still pretty cool.
    collapsed likes this.
    02-07-12 12:09 PM
    I wonder what the obstacle is in getting a proper Bluetooth gamepad to pair with the PlayBook? I'd love to use the new SNES emulator in the fashion you described, but I insist on good controls.
    That proper bluetooth gamepad is your BB 9900!!
    02-07-12 12:10 PM
    Hi,

In the same way is it possible to use an bluetooth keyboard as controller for the snes emulator?
    02-07-12 12:14 PM
    Hi,

In the same way is it possible to use an bluetooth keyboard as controller for the snes emulator?
    Yes it is possible for the FCEUX emulator but I haven't had the time to check out the other ones. It should be listed on the external page that froggyface has linked in the other threads.
    02-07-12 01:05 PM
    I've been wondering the same thing. I've kept an eye on other threads going on around crackberry but it doesn't seem to be gaining much momentum.

For me I'd still rather see the BB controls work because I already own a BB and would rather not spend extra money on a controller/have to carry it around to friend's places.
    02-07-12 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD