How do you check/re-enter Blackberry ID on Playbook?

Since updating to latest OS I get an error when I use App World: "Your Blackberry ID could not be validate. Please try again." Same BBID I used on my phone (on which App World still works) and have verified on BBID web site. I have been looking for a way to check/re-enter BBID on Playbook.

Any help will be appreciated.
    08-27-11 08:09 PM
    You have to do a security wipe to re-enter your BBID. Sucks, but its the only way.
    08-27-11 09:47 PM
    There should be a 'sticky' regarding this issue. There is no need to wipe your PB.

Select a chargeable app, press the purchase tab, enter password and cancel at the confirmation screen. You should now find everything works as it should.

This had happened to me several times and this always fixed it. It's as though the log in details time out but it doesn't allow you to refresh them unless you download a chargeable app. When you download a chargeable app you will always be prompted for your password but not if it's free. It's a glitch which needs fixing, instead of displaying the error it should be asking you to log in again as it does on the phones.

Hope that helps.
    PredatorGanaz likes this.
    08-28-11 02:28 AM
    There should be a 'sticky' regarding this issue. There is no need to wipe your PB.

Select a chargeable app, press the purchase tab, enter password and cancel at the confirmation screen. You should now find everything works as it should.

This had happened to me several times and this always fixed it. It's as though the log in details time out but it doesn't allow you to refresh them unless you download a chargeable app. When you download a chargeable app you will always be prompted for your password but not if it's free. It's a glitch which needs fixing, instead of displaying the error it should be asking you to log in again as it does on the phones.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks for the information this really helps
    wellard likes this.
    08-28-11 05:03 AM

Hope that helps.
    Works..sort of.

Tried to buy Dead Space, asked for BBID password, Authenticating, then displayed error message "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

Needless to say, network connection was sufficient to get to the purchase screens.
    08-28-11 10:09 AM
    Yes, appworld seems to be having general problems at the moment. Not device/bbid specific.
    08-28-11 10:42 AM
    Works..sort of.

Tried to buy Dead Space, asked for BBID password, Authenticating, then displayed error message "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

Needless to say, network connection was sufficient to get to the purchase screens.
    This is a different unrelated problem. The fix I mentioned only corrects the 'Your Blackberry ID could not be validated' issue.
    08-28-11 12:26 PM
    This is a different unrelated problem. The fix I mentioned only corrects the 'Your Blackberry ID could not be validated' issue.
    I have both! has anyone found a solution?
    02-22-12 02:43 PM
    The exact problem(s) I have.
    Hace you gotten a workaround?
    Grateful if you can share it.
    03-21-12 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD