I am wondering if someone can help me out ... I am trying to change the Blackberry ID associated with my Playbook. I have searched the internet and found instructions on completing a security wipe which will allow me to associate a new Blackberry ID to my Playbook. My question is what happens with the Apps that I have downloaded with my current ID? Am i able to somehow transfer these purchases to my new ID, or will the apps stay on my Playbook when I complete a security wipe? Any help would be appreciated.
    01-24-12 08:32 AM
    I'm pretty sure the easy way would be to change it in Appworld, via your computer, without wiping your PB.
    Change your BlackBerry ID information - User Guide - BlackBerry ID
    01-24-12 09:30 AM
    thanks for the reply.

The problem with that is I don't want to 'change' that Blackberry ID because it is linked to my phone. When i got my PB i just used my already established Blackberry ID instead of creating a new one. What i want to do now is create a new Blackberry ID and link that to my Playbook... but I don't want to lose the apps I have purchased with my current Blackberry ID.
    01-24-12 09:54 AM
    I am wondering if someone can help me out ... I am trying to change the Blackberry ID associated with my Playbook. I have searched the internet and found instructions on completing a security wipe which will allow me to associate a new Blackberry ID to my Playbook. My question is what happens with the Apps that I have downloaded with my current ID? Am i able to somehow transfer these purchases to my new ID, or will the apps stay on my Playbook when I complete a security wipe? Any help would be appreciated.
    Are you trying to change the BBID username (the email that shows up as your ID in the PB) ???
    If so then you don't have to do a security wipe. You can do this via how the other poster has mentioned by going to the Blackberry.com/blackberryid page.

Here read one of my earlier post- http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post7052760

Hope this helps
    01-24-12 09:59 AM
    thanks for the reply.

The problem with that is I don't want to 'change' that Blackberry ID because it is linked to my phone. When i got my PB i just used my already established Blackberry ID instead of creating a new one. What i want to do now is create a new Blackberry ID and link that to my Playbook... but I don't want to lose the apps I have purchased with my current Blackberry ID.
    Well unfortunately, if you want to 'create a new' ID, then you will lose all your apps.
    There is no workaround to transfer your apps from an old to a new ID.
    01-24-12 10:01 AM
    Try contacting support before you give up it's worth a try.
    01-24-12 11:19 AM
    I followed the advice above and just changed my BBID username (to a new e-mail address). My next question is how do I link that new e-mail address to my Playbook? Eventhough I changed my BBID on my computer, when I go to the 'About' section in my PB the BBID is still listed as the old e-mail address and I can't see anywhere on my PB to update this.
    01-24-12 11:53 AM
    I followed the advice above and just changed my BBID username (to a new e-mail address). My next question is how do I link that new e-mail address to my Playbook? Eventhough I changed my BBID on my computer, when I go to the 'About' section in my PB the BBID is still listed as the old e-mail address and I can't see anywhere on my PB to update this.
    Since you only changed the user name, the new email address (user name) will appear on every device where you have used that BBID devices (after restarting both devices - PB and smartphone - the new email address will show).
    01-24-12 12:28 PM
    As Buzzstarfiled already mentioned above, and I have done it myself on the PB.

Once you have changed the BBID username on the BB via the app world, all you need to do is turn on your PB--- it will immediately ask you to reenter BBID. You enter the new username (email id) and thats it, you are all set.

If you still have problems then you need to restart your BB and PB both.

Also make sure before anything that you have confirmed your new ID from the emails that were sent to you after the change.

Just checking, did you already change your use name BBID on your BB phone. You need to do that by logging into the app word via your BB phone-- going to account---- click options----- then change the username there. Save and exit. This is essential to trigger the change with the new username.

Good luck !!
    Last edited by anindoc; 01-24-12 at 01:55 PM.
    01-24-12 01:51 PM
    Hoping someone can help... My bbid is fine on my torch, but is locked on my pb. It says it's locked due to many failed attempts and says it's locked for 49458677 minutes and never lowers. Gives me the same error if I try to change info regardless. Anyone else see this?
    01-24-12 05:13 PM
    As Buzzstarfiled already mentioned above, and I have done it myself on the PB.

Once you have changed the BBID username on the BB via the app world, all you need to do is turn on your PB--- it will immediately ask you to reenter BBID. You enter the new username (email id) and thats it, you are all set.

If you still have problems then you need to restart your BB and PB both.

Also make sure before anything that you have confirmed your new ID from the emails that were sent to you after the change.

Just checking, did you already change your use name BBID on your BB phone. You need to do that by logging into the app word via your BB phone-- going to account---- click options----- then change the username there. Save and exit. This is essential to trigger the change with the new username.

Good luck !!
    Update: from my computer I have changed my BBID to the new e-mail address. After doing so I restarted my BB phone and PB. Now, on my phone, when I go to app world > My Account > Payment Options my BBID Username will default to the new e-mail I changed it to. However, when I enter my Passowrd and try to Log in I get the following error ... "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your netowrk connections and try again" ... Also, when i restarted my PB and went to "About" my old BBID was still listed (meaning it did not automatically change and I have never been prompted to change it when I go to APP World.) ... Help!
    01-25-12 09:54 AM
    Update: from my computer I have changed my BBID to the new e-mail address. After doing so I restarted my BB phone and PB. Now, on my phone, when I go to app world > My Account > Payment Options my BBID Username will default to the new e-mail I changed it to. However, when I enter my Passowrd and try to Log in I get the following error ... "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your netowrk connections and try again" ... Also, when i restarted my PB and went to "About" my old BBID was still listed (meaning it did not automatically change and I have never been prompted to change it when I go to APP World.) ... Help!
    I suggest that you change your password also, along with your username (the email id), if you haven't done it yet. You have to go the Blackberry.com/BBID webpage again, log in, and then hit the edit to make the password change.

I faced the same problem and changing the username and the password solved it for me.
    There seems to be some conflict using the old password related to the old username, changing both seems to work.
    Give it a shot and let us know.

Good luck
    01-25-12 01:00 PM
    Changed the Password and did a battery pull on my BB... still no luck ... however, I did noticed that finally my PB has updated to now show the new BBID. I haven't been able to test my app world on it yet tho (no accessable wifi at work)
    01-25-12 01:23 PM
    Changed the Password and did a battery pull on my BB... still no luck ... however, I did noticed that finally my PB has updated to now show the new BBID. I haven't been able to test my app world on it yet tho (no accessable wifi at work)
    Let us know how it goes. There are some other threads on the locked BB ID issue in the OS and Apps/Games forums that are about the same issue, and everyone (including me!) is looking for a solution to unlock that doesn't require a security wipe and an OS reinstall.
    01-25-12 03:12 PM
    in talking with Blackberry Support staff they have recommended I do a Security Wipe (on both my BB and PB) ... has anyone done a security wipe before?
    01-25-12 03:26 PM
    First test whether you can access the app world via your PB on a wifi network.
    A security wipe should be your last resort, as you stand to lose all your apps unless you can convince RIM to give you a buypass in reinstalling them with a new BBID.
    01-25-12 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD