A friend of mine bought a Brand new Wi-Fi only 16gb BB PlayBook ...
    On trying to set it up they mistakenly entered their email address and not a BlackBerry ID... After 10 Attempts it popped up a message that the BlackBerry ID is Locked out for 464484 Minutes.

I tried setting the Date a year ahead and it still says it's locked... Really confused now as we can't get pass that screen to finish setting up the Device.. When we connect it to Desktop Manager it says we need to finish the setup process.. so that's another dead end...

Please Help...
    Thanks in Advance...
    Last edited by AwJm; 12-09-12 at 06:24 AM.
    12-09-12 05:45 AM
    maybe these two links can help?

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...ecoverpassword

KB26361-How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

EDIT: I think I now understand that it will not even let you to enter your details. I am wondering if there is a way to start the wiping process all over again while you are in the set up process.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-09-12 06:34 AM
    Hook it up to the DM, restart the Playbook while still hooked up and see if "update your os" pops up. If so, wait for it to finish rebooting and update. Hope it helps.
    12-09-12 06:46 AM
    maybe these two links can help?

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...ecoverpassword

KB26361-How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

EDIT: I think I now understand that it will not even let you to enter your details. I am wondering if there is a way to start the wiping process all over again while you are in the set up process.
    Tried all those Methods.. Does not work..

Hook it up to the DM, restart the Playbook while still hooked up and see if "update your os" pops up. If so, wait for it to finish rebooting and update. Hope it helps.
    Doesn't Work... The PlayBook was never setup.. Desktop Manger keeps giving an error that the device needs to be setup..
    12-09-12 07:11 AM
    Edit: Actually this method worked and forced the device to see the latest update... It's now loading.. will post after it finishes if it then accepts the BB ID...
    12-09-12 07:35 AM
    OK Problem solved... Device Updated.. It took the BB ID ... then it found another update and it installed and is now up and running...

Thanks again guys
    12-09-12 07:55 AM
    And thanks for reporting back that it finally worked. It may help others.
    12-09-12 09:25 AM
    Man, this is what I love about CB.com, people can get help and offer help and quickly turnaround solutions. This thread illustrates how useful and helpful CB.com, way better than phoning a help line and having to explain it 3 times to 3 different people, being put on hold.

CB,com, Yay!!!
    12-09-12 09:42 AM
    Awesome! I love to share what was freely shared by others before me! Merry Christmas and God bless you and yours.
    dave_h_946 likes this.
    12-09-12 09:56 AM
    Just to add: To use this method, the pb has to actually be TOTALLY OFF when connected to the computer and a running version of the Desktop Software. So, take the pb into a dark closet and make sure the screen is fully black, not a backlit gray. If still gray, press the power button till the screen is really off - BLACK. Then plug it into the usb.
    12-09-12 10:21 AM
    Man, this is what I love about CB.com, people can get help and offer help and quickly turnaround solutions. This thread illustrates how useful and helpful CB.com, way better than phoning a help line and having to explain it 3 times to 3 different people, being put on hold.

CB,com, Yay!!!
    It's great when it works like this. I hate when some people respond with snarky comments like "do a search, lots of topics like this". If you can help great, if not move along.
    jamesharmeling and Moon_Juice like this.
    12-09-12 12:07 PM
    Why not call rim. They offer 90 days free tech support.
    12-09-12 08:10 PM